Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2011, 21:37   #421
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritofdriving View Post
Thank You Ninja and Swanand for the info.
I went to Carax this evening - the sales guy Mr.Bhandari, is well spoken, explained the technicalities, gave me a quote for 3M and YES he did manage to instill enough confidence in me. Showroom itself was quite good with a basement facility where they do installations etc.

Quote given is as below.

3M:

CR 70 - 7750 (F)
RE 50 - 5675 (S+R)
------
Total - 13425

After discount he quoted 11,800 as final price. What do you guys say?
Good, but still a bit on the higher side. A friend of mine got CR70 (front) done at 6800 2 weeks back. Btw he got quite a few more accessories done there.

If you aren't in a hurry, you could give others shops a try.

Else give it a last shot and go ahead with it. After all its just a matter of few hundreds.
Old 21st November 2011, 11:12   #422
Senior - BHPian

Re: Price for 3M sunfilm?

Quote:
After discount he quoted 11,800 as final price. What do you guys say?
Good, but as Ninja said, still on the higher side. Not too high, but a few hundred could be saved. If you have'nt installed it, check other places and compare.
Old 24th November 2011, 20:36   #423
BHPian

Hello Ninja, Swanand,

On Saturday I called up Mr. Bhandari and received a pretty cold response - think he (too) was in a bad mood. I called to check with him about the Interior cleaning + Exterior polish combo rates from him because I had received from combo reductions from 3M guys. But couldnt and I was pretty grumpy and impatient that day. I also had to get these done before my parents arrive this weekend so took the plunge. Result is I lost some money (about 2k or so I guess) but in return a pretty decent work done by 3M guys. Ill upload some pictures. End of the day, am glad with the way car is now. So no regrets.

The Sunfilm costed me about 12.5k - 3M guy offered me Engine coating - looks very clean now and Dashboard polishing work free of cost.
For exterior - I opted for the Restorer option and he gave me a discount of 2k here - costed by Rs.2995/-.
Interior Cleaning with 3M foam costed me Rs.1795/-.

But best part is the way the car looks now. I only have to sort out some rattling from the left window panel now.

Attaching some pictures. Its a 6 years old car.
Attached Thumbnails
Price for 3M sunfilm?-dsc_8444.jpg  

Price for 3M sunfilm?-dsc_8446.jpg  

Price for 3M sunfilm?-dsc_8445.jpg  

Price for 3M sunfilm?-dsc_8441.jpg  

Old 24th November 2011, 20:46   #424
BHPian

Btw - apologies I missed to mention - Ninja and Swanand - my decision of going to 3M might look as if I dint consider your advices AT ALL, but thats not the case. I did consider them, but some emergency plans came across for the weekend before my parent's arrival - hence HAD to do this last weekend itself. Hence the sudden decision.

Thanks for your help anyways.
spiritofdriving is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2011, 21:37   #425
BHPian

Quote:
Btw - apologies I missed to mention - Ninja and Swanand - my decision of going to 3M might look as if I dint consider your advices AT ALL, but thats not the case. I did consider them, but some emergency plans came across for the weekend before my parent's arrival - hence HAD to do this last weekend itself. Hence the sudden decision.

Thanks for your help anyways.
What's the VLTs on the films & what versions are they - CS or RE?
& could you post the break up of the figure - 12.5k
Old 25th November 2011, 20:16   #426
BHPian

AvinashV - I had posted these earlier - however reposting them
VLTs - 70% on CR70 (front) - 5 year warranty
50% on RE50 (sides/rear) - 3 year warranty

Both are Pune RTO approved.

Ill have to look at the bills for proper breakup - ended up bargaining for the combo and received about 4.5k discount (free dashboard/panels cleaning and Engine Coating free and 2k discount on exterior work). So this can be taken as full 13.2k on sunfilms and Exterior + Interior + Engine Coating + Panels cleaning at 5k - actual cost of these are 4995 + 1795 + 1200 (circa) + Panels( cant remember) + tax. - Totally paid about 18.2k
spiritofdriving is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2011, 18:50   #427
BHPian

I'm planning to get 3M RE35 for my Polo tomorrow on sides & rear. The guy quotes 2800 bucks. Is that fine or I can get it at a lower rate? It'll be great if someone can reply as I'll be getting it done tomorrow morning.
Old 24th December 2011, 00:14   #428
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vw19d View Post
I'm planning to get 3M RE35 for my Polo tomorrow on sides & rear. The guy quotes 2800 bucks. Is that fine or I can get it at a lower rate? It'll be great if someone can reply as I'll be getting it done tomorrow morning.
Its fake. RE35 will not be for 2800 buddy. It will be at least 4k. Its possible he is giving you a lower budget 3M film called SP, but its not as good as RE. Double check before you let them fit it.
Old 24th December 2011, 00:44   #429
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vw19d View Post
That is an awesome bargain or a hoax. RE series has a 3 year warranty, you get a 3M warranty card. Ask for that before he starts the work - that should resolve the doubt.
Old 24th December 2011, 20:32   #430
BHPian

I thought I'd just seek sunfilm advice here. I'm picking up my Jaguar XF in black on Monday, and wanted to get it tinted. I was looking for something pretty dark, so any advice what I could go for?
Old 24th December 2011, 21:25   #431
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saarth View Post
I thought I'd just seek sunfilm advice here. I'm picking up my Jaguar XF in black on Monday, and wanted to get it tinted. I was looking for something pretty dark, so any advice what I could go for?
My honest advice is avoid it. I have 15% films on my Accord and in the night the visibility does decrease enough for you to have to take a 2nd glance outside to be sure. In the rains its an even bigger pain. Get 35% films, they are dark enough for a person from outside to see that someone is sitting inside but most of the times not enough to recognise the person inside.

Go for Vkool films.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2011, 22:28   #432
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saarth View Post
Go for Vkool & make sure to get it installed at their authorized shop.They will show you the shade card and you can select accordingly.
Darker the tint lower the visibility at night for comfortable driving.

Last edited by k2max6 : 24th December 2011 at 22:31.
Old 25th December 2011, 11:01   #433
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
That is an awesome bargain or a hoax. RE series has a 3 year warranty, you get a 3M warranty card. Ask for that before he starts the work - that should resolve the doubt.
You are right, Ninja. After going to the shop & discussing with the guy, I realized that 3E RE35 was 5K :( It was my mistake that I posted the starting price of films that the guy told on phone.
Old 1st January 2012, 20:56   #434
BHPian

Hi BHPians,

I am in a dilemma regarding installation of front windscreen sun film, need your expert advice.

Front windscreen sun film, CR70@3M showroom - 7775/-, car - Polo. I remember, 8 months back it was 6.5K/-. They (3M showroom) also showed me SP50 for 3.5K/-. Will be installed w/o opening the dashboard from inside.

Experts, can you help with the below queries -

a. Is the price quoted fine? I know, I can get it done cheap outside 3M showroom, but I don't want to compromise on installation quality, especially as it’s the Front Windscreen

b. I am using Llumar for the 04 windows and rear windscreen (premium one I guess with 03 years warranty) and I am more than happy with the performance. I installed from the VW Showroom @3200/-.

Also, I got it replaced within 03 months of the installation because few bubbles appeared, even though not much of an issue, but I insisted on replacement as it was clearly an installation fault and VW Showroom/Llumar replaced w/o asking me any questions as I was having the 03 yrs warranty card.

If I get the Llumar front windscreen from VW Showroom, it will cost me ~4200/-.

Which one would you suggest?

Please keep in mind - I do not want dashboard to be opened and/or messed up in any case and also I am OK with facing the sun rather than refraction/v.low visibility during fog or at night especially if the front windscreen is not much of a help with those high beam oncoming vehicles.

Last edited by AvonA7 : 1st January 2012 at 21:02.
Old 7th January 2012, 10:56   #435
BHPian

I got this quote for the Skoda Rapid from 3M Car Care, Chennai.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
CR70 ONLY is only RECOMMENDED FOR FRONT WINDSHIELD: Rs. 7750/ (5YEARS WARRANTY)

For Side and back:
CRYSTALLINE SERIES CR 50: Rs. 16200/
(or)
CS..COLOR STABLE SERIES : Rs. 5250/
(or)
RE..REFLECTIVE : Rs. 5675/ (RE 50/ RE70)

For the 1 YEAR PAINT PROTECTION COATING It will cost Rs. 2995/(+10.3%TAX) for a SKODA RAPID. (PREVENTS CAR FROM EXTERIOR FADING AND EASY TO CLEAN WITHOUT WATER MARKS AFTER RAIN)

We also have combo offers. When you get a Sun Control Film you get 10% off on the Paint Sealant program(1 YEAR PAINT PROTECTION COATING ).
ALL THE SUNFILM PRICES ARE INCLUSIVE OF VAT.
----------------------------------------------------

3M CAR CARE NUNGAMBAKKAM CHENNAI
+91 9940574321

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks