Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2017, 22:08   #466
Senior - BHPian

Re: Price for 3M sunfilm?

Installed 3M CR 70 for Hyundai Santro on front windscreen only.

Costed me 6900/- incl taxes and installation & 5 year warranty. I paid an additional 350/- for removal of old film. I did the work from 3M Car care Chennai Thoraipakkam last week.
scopriobharath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2017, 14:19   #467
BHPian

Hi guys,
I am planning to get my tints done on the BMW x1 from 3M. CR70 all the windows including front. I was wondering if front is really required, and if so, how would the visibility be during the night ? Any recommendations in Pune would be helpful.
Thanks !
Old 24th February 2017, 01:07   #468
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aypatel View Post
Hi guys,
I am planning to get my tints done on the BMW x1 from 3M. CR70 all the windows including front. I was wondering if front is really required, and if so, how would the visibility be during the night ? Any recommendations in Pune would be helpful.
Thanks !
Front is where its most required as that's where most of the heat comes in from. You will not even be able to tell the difference in visibility.

I have the Llumar PP70 on the windscreen.
Old 4th March 2017, 14:43   #469
BHPian

I went to 3M wanowarie, Pune to get a quote for my polo. the guy said 27k for all windows. Is this the correct rate or is the guy taking me for a ride?
Old 8th March 2017, 07:56   #470
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerus View Post
I went to 3M wanowarie, Pune to get a quote for my polo. the guy said 27k for all windows. Is this the correct rate or is the guy taking me for a ride?
Should be close if you are looking at CR-70, I was quoted INR 25980 for Ciaz.
On the other hand RE-70 was quoted at INR 6,351.

Look for the specifications and benefits HERE before you decide.

Cheers!
treadmark is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th March 2017, 14:30   #471
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerus View Post
I too got a quote from 3M (baner pashan link road) yesterday for my Celerio. the price quoted was approx.14k; this would further reduce by 10% since they have some discount offer going on for holi.
14k includes a CR film on the windshield and RE films on the rest of the glass surfaces.

Disclaimer - I may have mixed up the names of the films, but the one that goes on the windshield is the expensive one - it accounts for around half of the total cost.
Old 19th March 2017, 10:18   #472
BHPian

Light Black Sun Film?

Looking for light black sun film with 50-70% visibility for a BMW. All the ones around have that greenish hue which isn't what I'm looking for. Need something like this one in the picture. Any suggestions?

Price for 3M sunfilm?-coil-overs-side.jpg
Old 25th August 2017, 15:05   #473
BHPian

Re: Light Black Sun Film?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdiSinghV12 View Post
Looking for light black sun film with 50-70% visibility for a BMW. All the ones around have that greenish hue which isn't what I'm looking for. Need something like this one in the picture. Any suggestions?

Attachment 1620252
Doing my own research right now as to what film to get. From what I can understand the CR series from 3M seems to have a colored tint to it. The RE series is a simple darkening which is what you're looking for and you can get 70%, 50%, 35%, 20% and 5% VLT whatever you like. I was quoted INR6500 at my local shop for full glass area in any combination of RE tints so should be very cheap.

But I have also been told to stick to the CR series by fellow BHPians which is more premium and rejects heat and UV better and is also available in the same %. This was quoted at INR22500 at the same shop, just to give you an idea.
Old 5th September 2017, 18:30   #474
BHPian

Got the 3M CR 70 installed on the Celerio's front windshield and ER 70 installed on the rear windshield. The work was carried out at 3M Yelahanka.
Total time to install was about 1.5 hours.

Workmanship of the install was pretty good. A free wash was also thrown in as compliments.

There are tiny bubbles that've formed and there is some waviness on the film, which was assured to sort itself after the moisture evaporated. Fingers Crossed.

The cost paid -
CR70A - INR 8,262/-
ER70A - INR 2,175/-

I'm not sure about the cost increase as the last time I enquired at HSR 3M those folks quoted 6690/- all inclusive for the CR70.

No warranty was provided for the product however a verbal assurance was given to fix if any issues crop up. Dumb of me to not have asked this before the install.
Attached Thumbnails
Price for 3M sunfilm?-cr70.jpeg  

Price for 3M sunfilm?-er70.jpeg  

Last edited by no_boundaries : 5th September 2017 at 18:32.
no_boundaries is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th February 2019, 17:09   #475
Senior - BHPian

I am on the lookout for high quality sun film that helps block UV rays and comes in a light green or purple shade like in modern cars. Anyone know if 3M or any other such reputable company makes this?
Old 17th February 2019, 18:10   #476
BHPian

@Ishanlan,
Garware for sure makes films for cars in green and other shades like charcoal etc.
You have a choice to buy it from a roll or you also get ready kits in boxes.
I recently bought some and paid 700 for garware film from a big roll. I guess the kit cost about 1375 odd.
I usually buy from the main shop that sells all this stuff to local shops and fitters. You could buy the film and ask around the shop itself to suggest a fitter. Falls cheaper then going to accessory shop.
scorpian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2019, 11:21   #477

I got a quote from a guy in Pune for my Polo GT TSI. His pricing was -

CR 70 front - Rs 7000
RE 70 side & back - Rs 3500
Total - 10,500

The 3M store on Baner-Pashan link road quoted Rs 16,500 for the same. Is there a way to check if the 3m film is original?
Old 17th December 2019, 12:24   #478
Senior - BHPian

Can anyone suggest a film especially for front glass which blocks UV rays and still is hidden ? I mean should not be detectable by the cops.
Old 8th October 2020, 21:16   #479

Sorry if this has been answered before.

Can someone please suggest a store in South Delhi(around Nehru Place) that will not rip me off / dupe me if I visit for sun films and car accessories like seat cover.
Will visit the 3M store and check the prices.
I am a complete novice regarding this and do not haggle for prices.
If there is any other car accessory store that's reliable in South Delhi, will be much appreciated
Thanks
Old 12th October 2020, 15:21   #480
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_rdey View Post
Sorry if this has been answered before.

Can someone please suggest a store in South Delhi(around Nehru Place) that will not rip me off / dupe me if I visit for sun films and car accessories like seat cover.
Will visit the 3M store and check the prices.
I am a complete novice regarding this and do not haggle for prices.
If there is any other car accessory store that's reliable in South Delhi, will be much appreciated
Thanks
Please let me know if you were able to find a place. I too am looking to install sunfilm but most of the places I checked were quoting insane prices to the tune of 70k etc for 3M brand. Makes me feel that maybe South Delhi is not really the ideal place for getting this kind of work done. Will let you also know if I am able to find a good place for this.

Most Viewed