Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2010, 15:39   #16
Senior - BHPian

i have purchased a Fix It Pro pen off Teleshopping network for 2K. after that read the review of the product - never bothered to open the pack and it has been lying with me since the last 2 months.

Read the Review before you buy the Fix It Pro pen.

Last edited by planet_rocker : 6th January 2010 at 15:45.
Old 6th January 2010, 16:00   #17
BHPian

I gave my swift to Mandovi motors for some minor tinkering and touch up job and i showed the technician some scratch marks. He said quote" I will use a #1000 sand paper " Ok. what he meant was that the sand paper can be used on surface scratches only. U can then use a good wax / polish ( the two are different products ) and the scratch is covered. However, if the scratch has left a white scar, then no scratch remover can fix the scratch. Painting is the only solution.
If its of any consequence, i use Formula 1 scratch guard and the results are ok for minar scratches and not for deep scratches

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
i have purchased a Fix It Pro pen off Teleshopping network for 2K. after that read the review of the product - never bothered to open the pack and it has been lying with me since the last 2 months.

Read the Review before you buy the Fix It Pro pen.
Old 6th January 2010, 17:01   #18
BHPian

tried the aero-cut in combination with com-paint to remove (not visible, but you inspect with a high intensity light source it can be seen) a couple of deep scrathes
from the bumper. applied the paint using a small pin and allowed it dry .used aero cut
to blend to the rest of the paint .The surface bill be dull and need to polish the part to restore the shine.Also mild rubbing will reduce the intensity scratch in metal part. the whole area will have swril marks (observed very closely) and need to be polish for shine. It is abrassive .
Com-Paint Touchup Spray Paint, aerosol spray paint, supplier of spray paint,spray, spray paint, touchup, touch-up, aerosol spray paint manufacturers, spray paint,Touchup, Touch-up Spray, Spray Bottle, aerosol spray paint manufacturer, com-paint manuf
Old 14th February 2010, 19:43   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Just picked it up last Saturday & applied it on one door of the Safari that had a couple of long scratch - this is more of a liquid rubbing compound. It clearly mentions that deep scratches will not be removed. From what I saw, the light scratch did go away & it does clean up the surface & makes dull areas shine quite a bit. Need to test it out over a wider area - was too hung over last Sunday morning to put in to much effort

Method of application is quite simple - Ensure area is clean & dry, take this liquid on a clean cloth, apply in a circular motion. Allow it to dry to a haze & then rub it off with a chamois or soft cloth. The shine is quite noticeable.

By the way, I picked it up from our local car accessory shop for Rs 150 only.
I saw the Ad on TV , what they show on TV is not liquid but apen sort of thing and you just write over the scratch and whoa ! it disappears - may be true for only light scratches . has any one tried the pen scratch remover .
Old 28th March 2010, 13:43   #20

I recently used the Formula1 Scratch Out on some of the scratches on my i20. It did a fairly decent removing most of the marks. Ofcourse as earlier said it has its limitations. It dint remove the deep paint scratches completely.

I am quite pleased with the performance. Rs. 210 well spent IMO
Attached Thumbnails
Car Scratch Remover-scratch01.jpg  

Car Scratch Remover-scratch02.jpg  

Car Scratch Remover-scratch03.jpg  

Old 29th March 2010, 07:44   #21
Senior - BHPian

Hey, the results look good. But I think the "after" photograph is taken from a slightly greater distance?
Old 30th March 2010, 19:04   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooza View Post
Hey, the results look good. But I think the "after" photograph is taken from a slightly greater distance?
yea....a little. but you can check the image in full size to check the details. Most of the scratches are not visible
Old 30th March 2010, 19:12   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mental4vray View Post
I recently used the Formula1 Scratch Out on some of the scratches on my i20. It did a fairly decent removing most of the marks. Ofcourse as earlier said it has its limitations. It dint remove the deep paint scratches completely.

I am quite pleased with the performance. Rs. 210 well spent IMO
Scratch Out is good, I keep it with me, very effective for minor scratches and brushes
Old 31st March 2010, 07:20   #24
Senior - BHPian

Thanks @ mental4vray and rkbharat, this looks quite promising. I will try to pick this up ASAP. Hope this is available at most Car Accessories shops in Bangalore.
Old 7th April 2010, 18:09   #25
BHPian

scratch out works great for white paint. It Should not be used against black paint (late realization Its mentioned in the back of the bottle.
Old 20th April 2010, 14:31   #26
BHPian

Does anybody know where we can get this in Chennai?
Old 20th April 2010, 14:45   #27
Senior - BHPian

i saw an ad for a similar thing o TV. Cant trust whatt they sell, its usually junk so have not bought it. Am still tempted to though. They claim its like a transparent silicone based filer which fills the scratch (even deep ones) and manages to match the colour (that ive got to see to believe). So if someone has bought and used this highlighter looking thingy, please post a report so others may or may not buy the product.
Old 20th April 2010, 15:35   #28
mkh
Senior - BHPian

the most effective i found for this job is Scratch X 2.0 from meguiars or Ultimate Compound from meguiars, both of which are not found in india. Scratch X 2.0 removed surface scratches very well and Ultimate Compound cleared off some of deeper ones, but with effort. Did not take before and after pics tho :(. You can check out videos of this product online where its used and effect shown
Old 3rd May 2010, 01:26   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshA View Post
Does anybody know where we can get this in Chennai?
Try Haute Car Zone on OMR - seems to stock Formula 1 products.
Old 10th May 2010, 14:23   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
i saw an ad for a similar thing o TV. Cant trust whatt they sell, its usually junk so have not bought it. Am still tempted to though. They claim its like a transparent silicone based filer which fills the scratch (even deep ones) and manages to match the colour (that ive got to see to believe). So if someone has bought and used this highlighter looking thingy, please post a report so others may or may not buy the product.

I came across this ad on TV too. Its called 'Scratch out Pro'. A very interesting highlighter like pen. Quite impressive and weird how it soo easily removes the scratches, even the deeper ones. I know it may not be 100% true but how does this work? If someone has tried it already, please enlighten us.

It was being provided free with Dent King for around INR 2499. If its effective, i might place an order. Also considering the ever increasing popularity of the Gali cricket matches beside my poor car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks