Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2013, 17:20   #76
BHPian

Re: Car Scratch Remover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safety is Param View Post
If a pic is needed for more understanding, I can post it later today.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!
That must have hurt. A few seconds is all it takes for something like that to happen. Been there, done that.

The white stiff on the body should be from the pillar. But if you have a photo of the damage, please post it.
coloneljasi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2013, 21:58   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coloneljasi View Post
That must have hurt...The white stiff on the body should be from the pillar. But if you have a photo of the damage, please post it.
There are no words to describe the feeling. It was like, had someone put a cut on me, there wouldn't have been any blood oozing out of the wound!!

Anyway, the damage has been done already! Will be more careful while negotiating the pillar from now on, is all I can do. Please find the pics below -

Name:  Screenshot_20131126203155.png
Views: 11015
Size:  524.0 KB

Name:  Screenshot_20131126203304.png
Views: 15081
Size:  632.8 KB

Last edited by Safety is Param : 26th November 2013 at 22:26.
Old 26th November 2013, 22:23   #78
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safety is Param View Post
Anyway, the damage has been done already! Will be more careful while negotiating the pillar from now on, is all I can do. Please find the pics below -
Looking at the scratches, I think Rubbing compound/Scratch remover will only lighten it, some of the smaller, lighter scratches will go away but the deeper ones will remain and will need a proper repaint job
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2013, 11:46   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Looking at the scratches, I think Rubbing compound/Scratch remover will only lighten it, some of the smaller, lighter scratches will go away but the deeper ones will remain and will need a proper repaint job
Exactly. Try some rubbing compound and see how that works out. If you can't feel the scratches when you run your finger nails on them, they'll buff out.
coloneljasi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2014, 18:39   #80
BHPian

well, i have the same car, same color. and same key marks in first week

only difference, it was my apartment parking

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
Guys,

My pretty new Jetta met with a really jealous guy at the office building yesterday it seems. Key scratches on the bonnet and the trunk. If you cannot buy/ afford such a car, why damage what the other person has!

Anyways, here is just a teaser of what happened to the car. It really breaks your heart when something like this happens to a brand new car!

Attachment 862048

As you see, there are multiple scratches. I wish to stay away from any abrasive agent on the paint. Will any car wax do the trick with some cleaning? What would be my options?
Old 7th June 2014, 19:35   #81
Senior - BHPian

Can anyone point me to an eBay or other link where I can buy genuine formula 1 scratch out? I've heard eBay has a lot of fakes.
Old 7th June 2014, 22:24   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post
Can anyone point me to an eBay or other link where I can buy genuine formula 1 scratch out? I've heard eBay has a lot of fakes.
Order it from here ->
http://www.snapdeal.com/product/form...t-heavy/462320
Old 8th June 2014, 01:14   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Is there a difference between the heavy and the liquid product?
Old 29th July 2014, 20:00   #84
BHPian

Ebay India cannot be trusted as per my bitter experience recently.Had ordered Formula1 Scratch out liquid. The seller sent a plastic bottle of solidified compound and the expiry date printed at the bottom, said it all.30 May 2014:( .Raised a Ebay guarantee claim and promptly I was asked to send pictures of defective bottle,,to consider replacement/refund.I had asked for refund. Eventually,customer support wrote saying my claim is ":rejected" and product cant be replaced.However they stated coupons worth Rs323 will be in store credit for future purchase.
So,please refrain from buying items from ebay,as they may be fake/defective.
Old 19th May 2015, 14:39   #85
BHPian

Guys need help!

My 2 month old Polo was a victim of scratches from a bat!!. I had parked in the open at my in-laws place since there is no covered parking. Also since it was raining I did not put the car cover. I had done this many times before and nothing had happened. The next morning when I walk up to the car and do the usual inspection, I find a dead bat near the car and blood marks on the rear windshield. Apparently it had fallen there. On closely inspecting, to my horror I find multiple claw marks all along the Rear left tailgate as the picture shows.

Car Scratch Remover-photo-1.jpg

Need advice on how to rectify it. I have a Meguiars Scratch X2.0 with me. Will it work? Or do I have to take it to Professionals. Since there is no 3M Care Outlet here, is it worth taking it to Carz spa?
Really appreciate if you guys could help me. Thanks again.
Old 19th May 2015, 16:09   #86
BHPian

I am perennially covering up scratches on my cars- all received while parked or waiting in traffic.
I have found that if the scratches are so light that they cannot be felt all you would have to do was use some rubbing compound followed by polish. The scratches will not go away completely but will be visible only on close inspection.
However, if the scratches are felt by nail no amount of rubbing will help. You have to fill the pit with filler or paint. Working with filler requires skill and lots of practice so I would suggest paint.
First, get a small quantity of the exact paint color. You will get this at a shop where car painting people get their paint. You will have to take the car to the paint shop and ask them to mix a small (200 ml) batch matching it exactly with the car color.
Now use a sharpened matchstick and put dots of paint, touching each other along the line of the scratch.Do not try to smoothen or retouch the dots. It will look uneven but when it dries it will smoothen up. Depending on the scratch you might have to do several applications to bring the paint to the level of the surrounding paint. Patience, it may take several days. Apply fresh dots only when the previous paint has completely dried up. Do this over several days till you see that the layers are level plus with the rest of the surface.
When the paint is completely dry use wet 2000 grit lightly over the scratch with plenty of water. You will see that the scratch is now level and the surrounding clear coat has developed a haze. Do not worry-apply polish over the whole area and your scratch will be gone.
techiecal is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th May 2015, 11:02   #87
BHPian

Thanks. That is just brilliant. I have been wondering how to cover those deep scratches in my Jazz resulting from kids playing in the apartment complex ir probably the carelessness of the car cleaning guy. As far as the Honda ( and a lot of other cars) are concerned I have tried the Compaint kit bought online from them directly and seen the color matches perfectly. I tried it in case of my white Maruti van long time back as well as the taffeta white Honda Jazz. I am feel this would holds true for other cars aswell. The company also had a video in their portal about how to go about the paint repair job. Though I have only used their paint with a fine brush and never sprayed directly on the car surface.
Old 25th May 2015, 11:28   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahesh Prasad View Post
Guys need help!
Need advice on how to rectify it. I have a Meguiars Scratch X2.0 with me. Will it work? Or do I have to take it to Professionals. Since there is no 3M Care Outlet here, is it worth taking it to Carz spa?
Really appreciate if you guys could help me. Thanks again.
Whenever am faced with similar situations, I take the following steps :

1. Clean the surface area by using shampoo
2. Apply 2 coats of rubbing compound (Helps reduce the marks by 70%)
3. Apply sealant (Wax, Scratch/swirl remover)

This process corrects 80% of the light scratch marks approximately.

IMHO, if you are still not satisfied with results, do not waste $$$ in detailing products and get the damaged area painted instead from a reputed painter.

Last edited by MunnabhaiMBBS : 25th May 2015 at 11:30.
Old 25th May 2015, 11:51   #89
MSC
BHPian

Most of the scratch removers are nothing but a waste of money. They either don't work at all or else just blur the scratch.
But as usual you can find a similar warning on each brand's can. "The deep scratches will not be removed"
The most bogus product is the pen which they show in tele marketing. It will just create a small oily patch and then this patch will gather lot of dust. This dust laden patch will be a bigger eye sore in comparison to a scratch.
MSC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2015, 12:45   #90
Senior - BHPian

I used Turtle Wax pen to fill up tiny scratches. Holding up well. Their rubbing compounds and paste wax (Green paste) is pretty good too.

Most Viewed