Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2010, 23:48   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
Isn't the option button for identification of the car?
If you press the button, either you hear the sound of your central locking system or the indicators blink or both(sound+indicator blink) work together to identify your car , Your car still remains locked when this button is pressed.
No buddy, I have tried that. Upon pressing the 'option' button nothing happening.
Old 28th May 2010, 21:02   #32
Senior - BHPian

I am facing the same issue,whats the Use of this Option button?
i got the same remote,as it came with Scorpio as OEM.

I am unable to program this unit,to lock and Unlock doors automatically.
Follow the procedure from the manual,nothing happens.
Old 21st June 2010, 14:05   #33
BHPian

Central Locking systems are programmable systems. You have the choice of several Modes that you can set using the Ignition key, Remote Control keys and the Valet key in the car.

There are several Variants and each unit MUST be bought along with the free User Manual. It is an offence to sell the unit without proper instruction manual.

The Remote control may not be the same as the original. usually the seller/ retailer will provide some or other remote unit with restricted or minimum mode remote while they sell off the original remotes as replacements.

Its better that you find out 'everything' about the unit before you buy. This is important since it involves getting locked out due to defects, unable to open or shut off the alarm etc., and a chance to be 'copped' for trying to debug your own locke d up and screaming car !

It is better to get it installed at a reputed car center, with a possible higher price tag if he can provide a Bill for it, than at a seedy place. This way you can get some accountability form some one.

Do you know?? Excessive bargaining will sometimes result in the vendor selling you a defective unit. He will use your ignorance of the technical details and talk glib to you till you leave. If you get back they will point you to the Authorised service center and wash their hands of the matter.

Not that the 'biggies' don't do this, but they can be rolled about legally for accountability, with the Bills in your hand, and if you are a regular customer.

The Remotes are user programmable according to the sequence in the Manual.
It has a security PIN number that you must program, just like your Bluetooth in the Mobile phone. It is factory programmed from the box and may be changed by the guy who installs it. Its up to you to change it without anyone else knowing about it. The problem is when you forget the PIN so write it down somewhere at home. Calling the Service guys all the time is not good practice or secure.

Here is a pic of my Nippon remote installed 3weeks ago:

It is better not to discuss programming issues on a public Forum- not that the burglar is ignorant, but - just in case.

Be careful with the body sensor sensitivity. The usual tactics of the burglar is to go past on a cycle and trigger the alarm several times in the middle of the night, till you reduce or switch off the Alarm due to the disturbed neighbors anger.

Last edited by docel : 21st June 2010 at 14:10. Reason: grammer
Old 24th January 2011, 14:09   #34
BHPian

Re: Nippon Central Locking

Hi

I'm in need of the Nippon contact details in Chennai for central locking issue.

Any info shall be appretiated.

I did contact the 18001800080 number but looks like a long distance from success.

Thanks
Samy
Old 24th January 2011, 14:46   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by urdudesamy View Post
Hi

I'm in need of the Nippon contact details in Chennai for central locking issue.

Any info shall be appretiated.

I did contact the 18001800080 number but looks like a long distance from success.

Thanks
Samy
Please refer to post #26 on page 2 of this thread for the address and contact number of the Nippon office in Chennai.
Old 24th January 2011, 19:49   #36
BHPian

Manual for Nippon NCS-509/509X. Also applicable to earlier versions 4XX,3XX etc.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Untitled.pdf (632.1 KB, 21678 views)
Old 25th January 2011, 07:30   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
Please refer to post #26 on page 2 of this thread for the address and contact number of the Nippon office in Chennai.
Mobile Number doesn't work anymore... Have anywyas forwarded complaint to egmore through the gurgaon toll free number 18001800080
Old 25th February 2012, 11:12   #38
BHPian

Zen Estillo - Nippon Central lock goes off automatically

Compounding onto a series of issues I have been facing on my 5 year old Estillo.

The Nippon central lock alarm goes off nearly every morning and been doing so for the past 1-2 weeks. Now, the car is parked in such a way that the sunlight falls on the bonnet in the morning.

So the inference is that the central lock fixed to the bonnet may be be expanding due to the heat and thus it mis-behaves.

Also noted that the central lock gives 4 beeps on unlock rather than 2 sometimes - not always though.

Going to a MASS to check if the switch has an issue.

Any other thoughts ? Grounding issues ?
Old 25th February 2012, 11:43   #39
Team-BHP Support

Re: Zen Estillo - Nippon Central lock goes off automatically

For the alarm going off due to sunlight, have the sensitivity of the system checked.

Is the battery fine? For the irregular beeps, check for any loose connections.
Old 25th February 2012, 21:31   #40
BHPian

4 beep is to notify that the alarm had triggered after last unlock.
Old 27th February 2012, 09:55   #41
BHPian

The issue was with the switch on the bonnet and the inference was correct Replaced the switch and all is well.
Old 10th April 2015, 21:01   #42
BHPian

So both the remotes after 7 years of valiant duty finally conked off. Called up nippon central care number at 1 pm. The technician called at 4 pm for directions and arrived at 5 pm. Handed over two new remotes and also reprogrammed the system by pulling out the module from under the dash and entering some password through a series of key presses on the new remotes. Total damage Rs. 1000 and I have a working alarm/central locking again
Old 12th April 2015, 09:26   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shady_lawyer View Post
So both the remotes after 7 years of valiant duty finally conked off. Called up nippon central care number at 1 pm. The technician called at 4 pm for directions and arrived at 5 pm. Handed over two new remotes and also reprogrammed the system by pulling out the module from under the dash and entering some password through a series of key presses on the new remotes. Total damage Rs. 1000 and I have a working alarm/central locking again
I'm expecting one of my Nippon remotes to need a battery change in next year or so. What other issues did you face that forced you to replace both remotes?
Old 12th April 2015, 16:12   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
I'm expecting one of my Nippon remotes to need a battery change in next year or so. What other issues did you face that forced you to replace both remotes?
I faced the following issues:
1. The remote in use, intermittently would not transmit any signal despite pressing the lock/unlock key. Since this had started happening more often than not, I had resorted to locking the car with my key.

2. One remote was constantly "on" and the indicator light kept glowing even when no key was pressed.

PS-If it's just a battery change I do a DIY or at the local watch repair person.
shady_lawyer is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks