Team-BHP - Melody Maker
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Melody Maker (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/36377-melody-maker.html)

I am intersted in installing a melody maker in my Indigo. I searched this forum but only found few posts for melody maker in two threads and I could not gather much info from that.

I asked my dealer for installing the melody maker and he said it cannot be installed with the existing OEM horn in the indigo and I need to use a separate horn with melody maker. Is that true??

What will be the rough cost of a good melody maker with a default tone to sound like a normal horn?? Do i need to take care of any specific wiring issues so that my warranty will not become void??

what is a melody maker? [scratches head in confusion]

Quote:

Originally Posted by deathwalkr (Post 744851)
what is a melody maker? [scratches head in confusion]

It's the one which you connect to horn to get the musical sounds. Have a look here

Roots Auto Products Private Limited - Products - Melody Makers

It's not legal inside city but I want to use it on Highways

I want to know if it can be connected to the normal OEM horn or should I install it along with a Air-horn. How much will the total setup cost??

No one uses Melody makers?? Help me out.. please:

You need at least two horns for the melody maker to work. And is best used with Windtones.

On the other hand melody makers are really irritating.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sankar (Post 745927)
You need at least two horns for the melody maker to work. And is best used with Windtones.

On the other hand melody makers are really irritating.

You mean that airhorn thing with the trumpets?? something like this
Roots Auto Products Private Limited - Products - Air Horns

Or is it this one Root Industries Limited - Products - WINDTONE

What's the difference between the two as far as it's use with the melody maker??

The irritation depends on the tones. Some tones are ok but some are irritating.. like the baby crying thing :Frustrati

Roots used to make a melody maker few years back for use with twin tone horns. In one position the two horns sound together normally and in the other position the horns alternate. something like hee haw sound :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by dinu2506 (Post 746963)
Roots used to make a melody maker few years back for use with twin tone horns. In one position the two horns sound together normally and in the other position the horns alternate. something like hee haw sound :)

OK. Now i get the point that they need to be used with a different set of horns.

Now my question is should I use the electrical-windtone horns from roots or the air horn trumpets with the melody maker?? The links to both are in my earlier post

I think roots still makes melody makers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by praveen_v (Post 747020)
OK. Now i get the point that they need to be used with a different set of horns.

Now my question is should I use the electrical-windtone horns from roots or the air horn trumpets with the melody maker?? The links to both are in my earlier post

I think roots still makes melody makers.

I don't think Roots melody maker can be used with air horns. They are for electromagnetic horns, either windtone or impact. The horns need not be from Roots

Quote:

Originally Posted by dinu2506 (Post 747279)
I don't think Roots melody maker can be used with air horns. They are for electromagnetic horns, either windtone or impact. The horns need not be from Roots

Thanks for the info..:)

Any idea about the cost of the windtone/impact + melody maker??

You can get twin tone horns from Rs 200 to Rs 1000. The windtones should also be in the region of Rs 400 - 500. The bigger problem is with the car - Indigo. There is hardly any space to fix the extra horns. One option will be to fix in the engine bay, but the sound output will be compromised. I feel the Bosch FC4 horns can be fitted in the place of existing OE horns. Windtones, I guess, will have to go in the engine bay.

@praveen if you want a good melody maker then try to find a 3 or 5 pipe horn set, it comes with a built in melody maker.

if you want the wind tones and other horn sets other than the air pipe, then you might have to settle for a local one just like i did as could not find one made by the roots, the shops dont stock the authentic branded melody makers most of the time and its difficult to source one. if you want to take a look at the melody maker i have installed then check this link.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/614109-post285.html

this is a local make of the melody i had to invariably buy, this as there was no other relay that set my car, the tick tick noise was very annoying during the stereo running in the car, and these melodies came with a relays built into them. hope this helps.

the relay was 150 bucks and the horn set was 600 bucks a set!

Eeeks, you want to install these? Why in the world would you want to do that?

Quote:

Originally Posted by praveen_v (Post 744950)
It's the one which you connect to horn to get the musical sounds. Have a look here

Roots Auto Products Private Limited - Products - Melody Makers

It's not legal inside city but I want to use it on Highways

I want to know if it can be connected to the normal OEM horn or should I install it along with a Air-horn. How much will the total setup cost??

Praveen_V: if you are really keen then visit this, click on products and have look for yourself..

STEBEL S.p.a.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gd1418 (Post 749268)
Eeeks, you want to install these? Why in the world would you want to do that?

Why?? What's wrong with roots? or with melody makers??

Quote:

Originally Posted by gd1418 (Post 749269)
Praveen_V: if you are really keen then visit this, click on products and have look for yourself..

STEBEL S.p.a.

Thanks for the link. They have a lot of products, but I dont know which one I need.