Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2008, 13:43   #1
BHPian

Ikon - Refurbishing the 1.6ZXI in Mumbai

Hi,

I am based out of Mumbai and I need help to get some modifications of the Ikon. I have a 1.6ZXI 2001 model.

Can someone help me with contacts of people who can do a great job with Ikon - in Mumbai?

Need some interior and exteriors done - also need advise on what can be done - just want to beef up the car thats it.

Anything you guys recommend must do in interiors for Ikon. (have gone through the threads here)

Rahul
Old 4th March 2008, 16:21   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I need help to get some modifications of the Ikon
Quote:
Need some interior and exteriors done -
Are you looking at body kits and enhanced interiors? I guess Rio Designs or CarModernize are the way to go. Look up their contact details in our portal directory.
Old 4th March 2008, 18:08   #3
BHPian

Mod yes and no - details here

Hi GTO,

There are some things I am considering:
#) Up the wattage of rear reading lights. (or get new one there)
#) Get a different lighter interior (suggestions wanted please) - along with matching seat covers
#) Get Vcools (the car has original films that dont keep heat out)
#) Alloys
#) headlights - want to go for beam adjustment - (the service center guys just say its working then its fine)

Engine Tuning (no performance enhancement)
#) Just regular servicing (will get this done from Ford service center - my dealer is Wasan - you think they are ok - any other recommendation where I can get a better deal)
#) AC servicing (compressor servicing) and refrigerant checks (nothing is wrong but I want a second opinion - Dealers keep sending me back saying everything is fine)
#) Engine bay cleaning and clearing (wires clamped - battery points cleaned - loose ends tied etc)

And then the Wish list!
#) Get new paint job (current paint is in great condition so cant convince myself economically for this)
#) If paint = yes then want to get new bumpers (SXi type)
#) leather wrapped steering
#) New music system + speakers (it aint enuf!)

Also what do you think would this cost ballpark - and what if I add my wish list? Have a plan of investing 40K into this. (might stretch a little if I get my wishes) - (guess this will cost a bomb!)

Also the guys you mentioned seem to be fancy mod guys are they great with these clean-up kinda work??

RD
Old 5th March 2008, 19:32   #4
Senior - BHPian

Hi Rahul, for the mods you are considering, the price range is almost infinite. For eg seat covers can range from Rs 1000 to close to a lakh for Stanley leather. ICE, see the posts in the ICE section, there are people who have invested lakhs on this. I think you should reverse engineer. Set yourself a budget and then prirotize what you need. You should be able to get excellent advice from this forum once that is done.
Old 6th March 2008, 11:11   #5
BHPian

Rahul,

I also fancy Ikon need better rear lights, hope ther are some after market stuff like what Swift has these days....

So also Ikon head light lamps can be swapped to Philips blue vision for that striking white blueish light...

For interiors try and get some decent leather if not stanley kind you can get soem btw 10-20k... If you it sounds high then think of good art leather from G-sport or other car delaers.

Pimp with same racing pedals whih can be bought around 2-3k.

Alloys you get btw 13- 20 k for 13" & 14" for set of 5 wheels from Neo, Aura, League, HR

Vkool is good options, you also think of Lumar films they are good stuff...

If you think paint job would be a pricy and skeptical, think of pimping your Ford with racing strips like those for Mustang's....

Check out the latest thumps up ad by Akshay kumar thats a mustang with racing strips passing in the center of teh acra nd towards the side on doors edge bottom...

In case your Ford does not have a sport streeting that Flair and nxt versions had get one , do not have any leather wrap....

Finally SXI style of front bumper is cool till date among the segment...

Go on pimp your Ride....
Old 6th March 2008, 13:53   #6
BHPian

Ikon - refurbish

Right you are VC12 and dino

Am going to do that I guess I need to work on my budget - called Car Modernize - hope to meet them tomorrow / Saturday - Lets see what those guys come up with - keep you

Meanwhile - some idiot stamped on the silencer and its broken now - that will need to be done.

Will keep this post updated.

Meanwhile - let the advice flow in please...
Old 6th March 2008, 14:15   #7
BHPian

All the best Rahul,

We ll await to hearing from you ....

All the best..
Old 7th March 2008, 11:34   #8
BHPian

Hi Rahul, Nice to hear that you want to refurbish your 2001 ikon, most people get rid of them by this time. The bad parts of the ikon are the head lights, bumper, brakes.. replace them and you have a damn good reliable peppy car. but changing to a SXi type bumper would cost around 25K including the new round fog lamps, so you might be scraping with your budget for the rest. Good leather upholstry would cost around 25-30k.. fords OE leather seat covers are not bad for 16K. Skirts and good paint job would bode well for the car. but a decent paint job would cost you around 30 -40k. Decent set of 4 alloys 15-18K..Good luck for your restoration.
Old 7th March 2008, 11:37   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahuldeodhar View Post
Meanwhile - some idiot stamped on the silencer and its broken now - that will need to be done.

Meanwhile - let the advice flow in please...
Dont bother going for the stock silencer, by this time your stock exhaust might be rusted, better get a complete exhaust overhauled with new pipe and rear muffler, the entire set up costs arnd 14K at ford but it would cost half that if you get it done from a reputed tuner.
Old 7th March 2008, 11:47   #10
BHPian

Mods are expensive

Hi,

I guess I will have to prioritize big time-
Let me visit the Car Modernize fellows and see what the budget comes to.

Will keep this post updated

RD
Old 7th March 2008, 12:08   #11
Senior - BHPian

Enough reason to go for a F.F.E .Thanks to the guy who have stamped the exhaust.Dont ask him to stamp your bumper so that you can have a new one-sxi type.lol.Good luck buddie.
ram

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks