Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2008, 12:26   #46
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper View Post
Akshay - The foliatec sheet.

Jesal - IMO 95% of the people installing this are doing it for the look/show factor. There is a day and night diff in the fake & real thing when you see and hold both in your hand you will make out.

Viper
right thats what i was thinking, its just show after all. but its nice none the less. i would still make number plates of these. i bet they'd look HOT
Old 7th May 2008, 12:27   #47
BHPian

There was a vendor in Hyd selling for Rs1.00 per cm. by the name of Mauto. Sorry haven't seen his stuff yet so cant comment on the genuineness.
Old 7th May 2008, 12:35   #48
BHPian

I think it was Rs. 2 per sq.cm. and for some reason he was banned. I don't know why that happened in the first place, and why he hasn't rejoined under a different username.
Old 7th May 2008, 12:38   #49
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by theodore_ftw View Post
There was a vendor in Hyd selling for Rs1.00 per cm. by the name of Mauto. Sorry haven't seen his stuff yet so cant comment on the genuineness.
Hi,

The rates quoted are from Mauto only. Have seen his stuff and have the samples with me quite nice if I may add.

Viper
Old 7th May 2008, 12:44   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

The rates quoted are from Mauto only. Have seen his stuff and have the samples with me quite nice if I may add.

Viper
From what i understand he sells both the stick on type which you can use inside/outside as well as components made out of real carbon fibre. He claims to offer various components such as spoilers, body panels etc on the website but not sure if he actually uses carbon fibre to make them. Maybe a good idea to visit his shop in person and get the details.
Old 7th May 2008, 12:55   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

Prices are for the real thing. You do get fake Carbon Fibre vinyl sheets but in small sizes. For a roll to cover a full bonnet of say a Honda City I believe Foliatec(available thru DC) sells it and it costs approx Rs18k for it.

Viper
How do you think it'll look on our Civic?
Old 7th May 2008, 15:25   #52
BHPian

Quote:
From what i understand he sells both the stick on type which you can use inside/outside as well as components made out of real carbon fibre. He claims to offer various components such as spoilers, body panels etc on the website but not sure if he actually uses carbon fibre to make them. Maybe a good idea to visit his shop in person and get the details.
Mauto office is in jubilee hills. They are into advanced carbon composites. Carbon fiber used in race cars and jets. The performance carbo fiber I used is from manufactured in japan by HASEPRO and marketed across the world by SENKO.Imported and marketed in india by Mauto. They are Official Distributors for RAYS

visit their website ????????? ::: Hasepro Corporation
Senko Advanced Components.
Welcome to Medasani Auto Pvt Ltd

Call them if you need anything

Last edited by west : 7th May 2008 at 15:35.
Old 8th May 2008, 10:12   #53
BHPian

and

the other advantages of having a peice of this sheet and some free time gives ....
Attached Thumbnails
Carbon Fibre Sheets / Self Adhesive Sheets / Stickers-1.jpg  

Old 8th May 2008, 15:23   #54
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesal View Post
right thats what i was thinking, its just show after all. but its nice none the less. i would still make number plates of these. i bet they'd look HOT
I thought that carbon fiber had a better strength to weight ratio of even FRP (resin bonded fiberglass). the show factor was only incidental.

Can anyone confirm what the structural properties of these sheets are?
Old 8th May 2008, 15:46   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by west View Post
the other advantages of having a peice of this sheet and some free time gives ....
OOhhh that looks good. Its high time Apple came out with a CF IPOD too. dont you think.

Ok coming back to the topic. I have a CF sheet thingy but the glue on it is PATHETIC. Can someone tell me how i can remove the glue completely from the sheet?? That glue is soo bad, that it refuses to stick onto anything.
Old 8th May 2008, 15:54   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTA View Post
OOhhh that looks good. Its high time Apple came out with a CF IPOD too. dont you think.

Ok coming back to the topic. I have a CF sheet thingy but the glue on it is PATHETIC. Can someone tell me how i can remove the glue completely from the sheet?? That glue is soo bad, that it refuses to stick onto anything.
Which sheet you are talking about? the Mauto sheet! when you heat it & stretch the sheet before applying , it stays there for ever.
I dont know if you are talking abt other low quality one. You need to use some rubbing alcohol or something to remove gum.

Last edited by west : 8th May 2008 at 16:00.
Old 8th May 2008, 16:01   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by west View Post
Which sheet you are talking about? the Mauto sheet! when you heat it & stretch the sheet before applying , it stays there for ever.
I dont know if you are talking abt other low quality one. You need to use some rubbing alcohol or something to remove gum.
it is some stupid one i found years ago. Costed me about 400 bucks or so. This MAUTO sheet you talk about, Is it available in Mumbai?
Old 8th May 2008, 16:02   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
I thought that carbon fiber had a better strength to weight ratio of even FRP (resin bonded fiberglass). the show factor was only incidental.

Can anyone confirm what the structural properties of these sheets are?
They are almost certainly the strongest material available easily today especially if you consider the Strength to Weight ratio given the ultra-light weight of CF.

Regarding the properties of this sheet, I guess only the Manufacturer or distributor can give us some info on this.
Old 8th May 2008, 17:31   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTA View Post
it is some stupid one i found years ago. Costed me about 400 bucks or so. This MAUTO sheet you talk about, Is it available in Mumbai?
I remember the MAUTO guy advising about opening a branch in Mumbai but you could always call him and get him to courier stuff over to you.
Old 13th May 2008, 14:16   #60
BANNED

Quote:
I remember the MAUTO guy .
Who is that?. We dont intend to open a store in mumbai Sir. We are manufacturers of advanced composites and distributors for some after market performance car accessories in india.

I will give a detailed report on the performance carbon fiber, Mr.west has used. Yes Mauto is the distributor for HASEPRO also known as senko performance carbon.

Most Viewed