Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2009, 12:30   #121
Senior - BHPian

I have a doubt. Carbon fibre supposedly being the tough material that it is, how are these sheets on wear resistance?

If I cover my ORVM's and rub rails with these thingies, will it reduce scratches?
Old 9th November 2009, 14:31   #122
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
I have a doubt. Carbon fibre supposedly being the tough material that it is, how are these sheets on wear resistance?

If I cover my ORVM's and rub rails with these thingies, will it reduce scratches?
It usually depends on resin propeties used. Rather than carbon fiber, kevlar is more abrasive resistant. Sheet from hasepro cannot be alterated in any way, once something happens it will remain like that, they are resistant to scratches but to a limit.

On the other hand, u can get abrasive resistant CFsheet, and they are custom made according to specifications but you need to have a bulk order.
Old 21st November 2009, 19:45   #123
BANNED

It is sad, but had to say today.

I had lot of people I met , served people on team-bhp and it was my pleasure to do so.

Few people, asked for big samples which they ran away with, some dont even pay us for work done and others threaten us to complain on team bhp for faults we havent done or atleast give us a chance to rectify our mistakes if any.

Can you guys give me solutions to end this.

We worked very hard , put heart and soul to make carbon fiber parts cheaper, worked with all our suppliers to get pricing down, and we get this.

Sorry if im bothering any one.
Old 30th November 2009, 13:25   #124
Senior - BHPian

Davis this is the most disgusting thing that I have heard. Using the forum's name and trying to refrain from paying in-spite of you agreeing on fixing the problems.I would request you to come out with the names of those members who have scammed you.
Old 1st December 2009, 14:18   #125
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davis.K View Post
atleast give us a chance to rectify our mistakes if any.
Davis, let me assure you that Team-BHP will give both sides a chance to express themselves on the forum. If & when an undesirable situation does arise, rest assured, the consumer + supplier will be given a chance to submit their side of the story.
Old 1st December 2009, 15:59   #126
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davis.K View Post
Few people, asked for big samples which they ran away with, some dont even pay us for work done and others threaten us to complain on team bhp for faults we havent done or atleast give us a chance to rectify our mistakes if any.

Can you guys give me solutions to end this. ...
Firstly, if your customer is also a Team-BHP member, great. Chances are they are well informed and respectable. However, in no way should you assume this to mean that you can trust them blindly. Business is business. Please follow your standard business practices.

1) Run away samples : See last 2 lines above.

2) Dont pay for work : How do other suppliers deal with this? Consider taking X% upfront, and the remaining on delivery!

3) Threats to complain on TBHP : To add to what GTO mentioned, on every occasion where there have been consumer complaints on TBHP, be it against a tuner, a dealership or even a large corporate - we have always allowed both sides of the discussion to be voiced - atleast until all that needs to be said has been said. This is only fair to both parties involved, as well as the readers of our site. You can count on this.

Feel free to follow this up via PM if required.

Lets get back to the topic of the thread now.
Thanks,
R

Last edited by Rehaan : 1st December 2009 at 16:02.
Old 1st December 2009, 17:11   #127
BANNED

I was just looking for some thing like this for i20
Carbon Fibre Sheets / Self Adhesive Sheets / Stickers-3646.jpg

and found a site which having some cool install pics like this
Carbon Fibre Sheets / Self Adhesive Sheets / Stickers-dowork42.jpg
Carbon Fibre Sheets / Self Adhesive Sheets / Stickers-dowork50.jpg

More here: J's Graphics - Gloss/Matte Black and Carbon Fiber Vinyl Roof Wraps - NASIOC
Old 1st December 2009, 18:05   #128
Senior - BHPian

Wonder how they get the curved surfaces rite.A DIY project of mine is underway and was thinking if I could get the Carbon Fiber stickers(look-alike) sourced to stick on them instead of painting the surface.
Old 3rd December 2009, 12:57   #129
BHPian

they are available in Hyderabad...You can curve them as they are supposed to be heated a little and fixed with some stretch.

They look cool actually but are a little thick...

check this out: Medasani Private Limited - 2008 All copy rights reserved
Old 19th December 2009, 02:45   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Wonder how they get the curved surfaces rite.A DIY project of mine is underway and was thinking if I could get the Carbon Fiber stickers(look-alike) sourced to stick on them instead of painting the surface.
There are multiple ways of doing that. If it is a carbon-fiber look alike vinyl, then it can be heated and stretched at the time of application to flow along the curves.

The proper and best way to do it would be to use carbon fiber cloth. The process is to apply epoxy resin, allow it to partially dry ( dry to the touch, but still a bit tacky) then apply the carbon fiber cloth to the surface, followed by multiple layers of epoxy resin.

Once the resin is cured, sand the surface starting with 150 grid and moving up to 220 and the 340 grid. Once the surface is smooth, 2-3 layers of clear coat should be applied. This can further be wet-sanded with 2000 grid sand paper and waxed, if you really need a deep glossy finish.

Here is a picture of what we (as in a friend of mine and me) did over the last weekend, following the process described here

Carbon Fibre Sheets / Self Adhesive Sheets / Stickers-cf-sample.jpg

It is a lot of hard work, but truly worth it in the end. The picture is a component of an extensive sub-woofer set up he is building. The piece shown houses the cooling fan.

Cheers,

Rajan
Old 20th December 2009, 11:58   #131
BHPian

Carbon Fiber

Here are some more pictures from what was done yesterday evening and today. The sub-woofers are Focal. The whole setup goes into the boot over the spare wheel well. The circular tub is made of Plexiglas and covered with Kevlar. The base is covered in Carbon Fiber.

Carbon Fibre Sheets / Self Adhesive Sheets / Stickers-wheel-well.jpg
Carbon Fibre Sheets / Self Adhesive Sheets / Stickers-plexiglass-enclosure.jpg
Carbon Fibre Sheets / Self Adhesive Sheets / Stickers-speakers.jpg
Carbon Fibre Sheets / Self Adhesive Sheets / Stickers-subwoofer.jpg

Unfortunately, I cannot post anymore updates, as I am flying back to India tomorrow. The car is a BMW 323 ci.

The two pieces on the side with cooling fans is what I had posted earlier.

Cheers,

Rajan
Old 9th August 2010, 04:26   #132
BHPian

Looks good patchy boy.. Are these sheets now available in India?
Old 9th August 2010, 11:12   #133
BHPian

Am interested too...any idea where we can get good quality vinyl in India?
Old 9th August 2010, 15:10   #134
BHPian

Guys, Where could i get these in Chennai for my swift's both interior & exterior?
Old 9th August 2010, 15:24   #135
knp
BHPian

Please share from where can we source them in Bangalore? I would like to use them for my i10 interiors.

Most Viewed