Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2008, 17:35   #1
BANNED

help! how to refurbish genuine leather seat?

I bought an used lancer GLXd, but it is fitted with genuine leather seat (black color)which belongs to an SLX, But the leather is slightly (looks like chipped, cracked like small crystals in some areas), because of excessive use.

Ps: those small chip can be noted only when we examine the seat closely. though its chipped, the smooth coating is intact with seat.

I dont want to spend money by changing the leather cover now. I dont want to reomove this genuine cover . I want to refurbish atleast to some extent.

How to refurbuish them? is there any method to get back the old glory? i have leather polish, but is there any other better method? pls help
Old 8th March 2008, 17:39   #2
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivanoj View Post
i have leather polish, but is there any other better method? pls help
Which polish is that? You need leather treatment to soften leather. Apply Waxpol leather treatment and keep it over night. Do not use the car. Let the treatment sink in.
Old 8th March 2008, 22:47   #3
BANNED

yup..i have waxpol leather and vinyl polish , an small bottle costs around Rs.91/- Is there anything better than that?
Old 8th March 2008, 23:04   #4
BANNED

i got a link which has some instructions to refurbish, but i could not follow those properly. if anyone has done this 'do it yourself' before?

Leather Dye: A Rewarding Do-It-Yourself Project to Refurbish Leather Automobile Seats - Associated Content

comments..
Old 9th March 2008, 01:42   #5
BHPian

does this waxpol leave a coat over the leather?i dont like a coating ,had used aformula 1 product ,it left a wierd feel
Old 9th March 2008, 18:27   #6
BHPian

Did u try getting it checked any where outside like the HM showroom or G sports or stanley?
Old 9th March 2008, 19:19   #7
BANNED

They wont repair or refurbish those leathers. instead they try to sell their product. Its my guess, anyway i shall ask a g sport dealer in coimbatore.
Old 10th March 2008, 16:22   #8
Senior - BHPian

I use Eagle1 leather cleaner/conditioner. Pretty satisfied with the product. Cleans and softens the leather to a large extent.

Comes in a blue bottle with a spray nozzle and costs INR 500/-.

Paras, the wierd feeling of slipping off the seat (?) is because the cleaning solution is still present on the seats although in small amounts. Use 2 sheets of the yellow cloth, one to vigorously polish / buff the seats after spraying the solution and the other to dry it off completely. Dedicate at least 45 mins for the entire activity.

Last edited by n_aditya : 10th March 2008 at 16:28.
Old 11th March 2008, 21:21   #9
BANNED

Have anyone seen lancer's SLX 's leather seat cover? in the middle part, the leather will be perforated,with small pinhole dots. its slightly torn. can i get an look alike rexin or leather? so that i can replace that complete centre part.
Old 12th March 2008, 01:47   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
Which polish is that? You need leather treatment to soften leather. Apply Waxpol leather treatment and keep it over night. Do not use the car. Let the treatment sink in.
How often should one do this?
What other product can one use to clean the leather regularly without making it shiny,just want to retain the orignal look and smell(dont know if that latter is possible)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks