Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   No tachometer on Getz? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/36701-no-tachometer-getz.html)

nishantgandhi 10th March 2008 15:24

No tachometer on Getz?

Can anyone throw some light on the fact why Getz (non-Prime series) does not come with a tachometer/RPM meter installed? I used to think it is more or less a standard fitment on today's cars ala speedometer, odometer etc. As far as my understanding goes, it is important to monitor engine RPMs, as running the engine at excessively high rates can shorten engine life.

What can be the reason(s) for excluding it? If I wish to get it installed now, what are my options/pros/cons? Can it be retrofitted, instead of an additional dial on the dash?

P.S. Are there any after market digital tachometers also available?

ntomer 10th March 2008 15:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by nishantgandhi (Post 752617)
Can anyone throw some light on the fact why Getz (non-Prime series) does not come with a tachometer/RPM meter installed? I used to think it is more or less a standard fitment on today's cars ala speedometer, odometer etc. As far as my understanding goes, it is important to monitor engine RPMs, as running the engine at excessively high rates can shorten engine life.

What can be the reason(s) for excluding it? If I wish to get it installed now, what are my options/pros/cons? Can it be retrofitted, instead of an additional dial on the dash?

P.S. Are there any after market digital tachometers also available?

My non-prime Getz GLS has a tacho-meter. I think the GLE version didn't have it. It can be retro-fitted, as an additional dial, but won't be very clean.

\N

nishantgandhi 10th March 2008 15:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by ntomer (Post 752628)
My non-prime Getz GLS has a tacho-meter. I think the GLE version didn't have it. It can be retro-fitted, as an additional dial, but won't be very clean.

\N

Whats your year of manufacture?
Mine is Getz GL 1.3 Nov 2004

Technocrat 10th March 2008 16:10

Most of the car companies do not provide tacho meter in lower end models e.g Swift LXi & LDi dont have tacho while the higher versions have it.Ditto with Wagon R & Estilo.

aditya.86 10th March 2008 16:49

tachometers are a must and all automotive manufactururs should make it a standard fitment irrespective of the model.

malgudi 10th March 2008 16:51

Check with hyundai service station, if they can install the Higher model dash console which has the tachometer. This would be the neatest option.

Technocrat 10th March 2008 16:51

Well I would say even ABS, Airbags should be a *Must* in a car but thats not how things are currently. Besides would you pay extra to get extra?

EDIT: malgudi that might be a very expensive option

ntomer 10th March 2008 16:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by nishantgandhi (Post 752637)
Whats your year of manufacture?
Mine is Getz GL 1.3 Nov 2004

Getz GLS - June 2005

snaronikar 10th March 2008 17:01

Simple, retrofit the tachometer from a dealer outside.

Maverick1977 10th March 2008 17:07

Every manufacturer worth its salt in India wants to get the maximum returns (read profitability) on their cars. Hence these shortcomings are always observed. Over a period of years I have started noticing that knickknacks like a sun visor, LHS door mirror, body colored door handles...(the list goes on & on & on) are also excluded from the base model.
Question a manufacturer for these cost cutting measurers & they will come with 01 reasons to defend their actions.
This is indeed a very sad situation.

kpzen 10th March 2008 17:36

In the older Getz only GLS version had tachometer.

nishantgandhi 10th March 2008 17:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by kpzen (Post 752881)
In the older Getz only GLS version had tachometer.

Hmm, that explains it. BTW, do you know the chronology of models in Getz?
From the website, I could source the current lineage
1.1 GLE, GVS, GVS Option
1.3 GLS, GLX
1.5 CRDI GVS

Any clue about the earlier series, pre-PRIME?

Akshay1234 10th March 2008 17:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by nishantgandhi (Post 752896)
Hmm, that explains it. BTW, do you know the chronology of models in Getz?
From the website, I could source the current lineage
1.1 GLE, GVS, GVS Option
1.3 GLS, GLX
1.5 CRDI GVS

Any clue about the earlier series, pre-PRIME?

pre prime there was a gvs, a gls and a glx.

kpzen 10th March 2008 17:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by akshay1234 (Post 752907)
pre prime there was a gvs, a gls and a glx.

IIRC there was no GLX but there was a stripped down version GLE..

Akshay1234 10th March 2008 17:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by kpzen (Post 752927)
IIRC there was no GLX but there was a stripped down version GLE..

there was a glx. it had abs and alloys etc.