Team-BHP - Performance Mods for Elantra CRDi
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Performance Mods for Elantra CRDi (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/36770-performance-mods-elantra-crdi-6.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by tadukuttan (Post 1014684)
The internals are all stock. And arent the stock internals "forged" anyway? Is there any other way to build the internals in these turbo diesels?

I know it is kind of hard to believe, so I even went around asking folks, including Keshav whether the readings from the Greddy boost controller is accurate, and they all say that this is among the most accurate ways to measure boost, among other things.

Had posted the performance difference measured using the iPhone dynolicious software http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadget...tml#post922383

Anyway, the petes box at stage 2 ups the boost to 16PSI, and so, I have been running 16PSI for some 40,000Kms now... And raj's/satya's cars have been running petes stage 2, so are running 16 "stock", when the boost controller is switched off. Except of course, when they see the occasional BMW? :D

Hi,

I guess my bad then as I have very little knowledge about diesel cars.

Viper

Viper, I have tested my car with boost set at 21psi for around 7000kms although i personally checked the vehicle with 25 psi boost for short duration and my car is doing just fine. Infact we even got checked the Air Fuel Ratio (AFR) from RDKarthik bangalore with no issues.

I frequently travel from bangalore-hubli so will be enjoying in my elantra with 21psi set.

Boost controller will work best with inter cooler which we are yet to install as it keeps the engine cool.

Thanks to rahul(mclaren1885) who made the things possible for our cars & helped to setup the above mods for my car.

ahem ahem was watching this thread :)
but didnt feel like posting something..got hell lot of work here..we guys are migrating the C08 stand to SDOM!!
but as per the opinion of fellow team-Bhp member brraj i will make some points clear.

about the boost controller i had posted earlier in the forum about their working..
read post#60 for the same.

the base settings for a petrol is 7psi but this itself can cause trouble! 10psi would be asking for trouble in a petrol on stock internals!.

diesel is a different ball game all together the engine can whitstand more boost levels! because the internals are better!

will post in detail later got a hell lot of work!
peace out ;)
sameel

Bangalore's ELANTRA gang is absolutely M A D :D

That - my friend is a true statement :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by kpzen (Post 1014828)

Wait until you see what else these mad uncle's have in store in the near future.

Quote:

Originally Posted by brraj (Post 1014277)
Great news

Myself and satya(cmiuc) planned a trip to mysore at 10pm and we left in his boosted elantra. We were near khodays and satya said he saw some car (we were not knowing what car it is as he had switched on his HIDs) in his RVM driving rashly and overtaking other cars. He came back of us and flashed we give way just to see what car it is. guess what? it was a BMW 530D.

We were following it till NICE road by this time satya has already set his boost controller to 21psi. We try to overtake him, he gets the signal and both were pushing their cars to limits.

Guess what was the result? both were traveling at same speeds:Shockked: and the car needle was glued to 210kmph, we see barricades and we slow down.

This was wonderful moments for us as our elantra can keep up with a BMW 530d till 210kmph. we knew that bmws can do more than that but still what brought smile to us is we could stick to it till 210kmph:).

Note - It was possible for us to keep up with the BMW 530d just because we had boost controller set to 21psi other wise don't even think of racing with bmw 530D as the pickup is violent in those cars.

I thought A petefied Sonata CRDi can do neck to neck with BMW. But good going with Elantra CRDi. clap:

Quote:

Originally Posted by kpzen (Post 1014828)

Yes they are because i havnt expected this from them. :uncontrol

Work In Progress. Expect a detailed report soon.

Doesn't it look mean?
Performance Mods for Elantra CRDi-img_1797ed.jpg

Mclaren , Report to the police . Someone stole your bumper :D

Looks mean enough dude.
Waiting for the final product. :)

mclaren1885 Don't tell me that you are adding one more turbo to it. Twin Turbo Elantra? :Shockked:

Love the way they have installed. People have taken extreme measures to avoid boost leak and used silicon hoses, which can hold much more boost than required.

@Gangsta: Turbo wont be added because cmiuc(satya) does'nt like his car to give lesser mileage.

Now the "TBHP drive to Yelagiri" sounds fun :).

Quote:

Originally Posted by brraj (Post 1070236)
Love the way they have installed. People have taken extreme measures to avoid boost leak and used silicon hoses, which can hold much more boost than required.

@Gangsta: Turbo wont be added because cmiuc(satya) does'nt like his car to give lesser mileage.

Now the "TBHP drive to Yelagiri" sounds fun :).

Installed what? I know they had installed something but what is this? Booster? and how much mileage his elantra is giving right now after installling the mods, also please tell me what all mods had been installed on this elantrA?

Satya
The elantra looks menacing in pic. Are u gonna drive without bumper? :D

Gangsta: I think thats an bigggg intercooler !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gangsta (Post 1070264)
Installed what? I know they had installed something but what is this? Booster? and how much mileage his elantra is giving right now after installling the mods, also please tell me what all mods had been installed on this elantrA?

Installed Intercooler. You can see the picture attached by rahuls previous post.

We haven't tested the mileage after intercooler installation. But with the boost controller and AC 50% ON and hard driving expect a -2km from the stock elantras mileage and of course it also depends on the way boost is configured.

Re: other mods, its mentioned in post #71.

Amazing work there, I have never seen better looking bumper (or lack of it).

All you B'lore folks are mean!! having good time with their turbo charged diesel monsters. I will be waiting for 4 years of standard warranty on my Sonata CRDi before I could play around. Till then will keep myself happy with Petes Dabba and KN stock replacement. But even for that I will have to wait as I have just 2600kms on ODO.

Great job there!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mclaren1885 (Post 1069915)
Work In Progress. Expect a detailed report soon.

Doesn't it look mean?
Attachment 74196