Team-BHP - Performance Mods for Elantra CRDi
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Performance Mods for Elantra CRDi (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/36770-performance-mods-elantra-crdi-7.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by brraj (Post 1070311)
Installed Intercooler. You can see the picture attached by rahuls previous post.

We haven't tested the mileage after intercooler installation. But with the boost controller and AC 50% ON and hard driving expect a -2km from the stock elantras mileage and of course it also depends on the way boost is configured.

Re: other mods, its mentioned in post #71.

thanx brraj :) but only -2 km from the stock elantra? That's really cool. Well..!! i'm getting around 12-13 kmpl in my stock elantra. But Many people said that Stock elantra gives 15-16 kmpl. Is it true? tyres upgraded to 205 size. Driving Style: Slow and Slow.

Satyas car is giving 11-12kmpl in city and in highways 15-16 easily and almost all of bangy elantras are giving same mileage. But if driven aggressively you can expect 12-13kmpl.
Tyre profile is 205/60/15 pp2s.

HI guys,
I recently joined the Elantra club with my 90K run Peted Elantra.Its on stage1 and is without the green filter.Will there me any notable difference in stage 2[with the green filter]? The car is due for a complete clutch overhaul and therei s some mounting issue I suppose because there is some vibration produced at exactly 1800-1900rpm after which the turbo kicks in and everything is usual.THe main thing which concerns me is the FE. THe car is well maintained ie all the presecribed services are done on time and has all the records from day one. Somehow, however sedate I drive I dont get above 10.5kmpl with AC in moderate traffic and in long trips I get around 13-14 with sedate driving.Just for a comparison sake ,with the same style of driving my lancer gave me abvoe 15kmpl in city.In shotgun mode I get only 8kmpl but that is with 100% ripping and that too using only 1st,2nd and 3rd in city. Will my FE increase after the clutch replacement? Please tell me the ideal way to extract the max FE..
BTW, Iam running on 205/60 PP2

PS : The max I have done in my car is 200kmph in L&T road.But the surface of the L&T is not that great now.

Thanks in Advance.

Even i did a research before buying Green cotton filter and when spoken to
peter(Turboindia) he said Petes on stage 2 works best with Green cotton filter.

There is a difference, infact myself, satya have installed Green cotton and tadu & prabhuav have k&n filter.

I cant comment much on mileage part, but best is to test the mileage after the clutch
replacement and service. Usually the way we drive is to floor in 5th gear and go easy on other gears

Veelubhai,

the 1800-1900 shudder is not a mounting issue. It is standard in these cars at the turbo spool threshold, when there is a sudden increase in oxygen and the ecu dumps fuel.

Stage 2 makes a significan difference as it completely eliminates this shudder.

Tadu and me are running K&N stock replacement filters and Satya and Raj are running green cotton. Not much diff between K&N and Green cotton though.

Given that the elantra has CAI stock with a 2.75" inlet pipe i dont see a point in switching to a uni filter .

I am also getting between 10 and 11 in the city and it gets no better on the highways as I am always above 3500 rpm. You should get a better FE with the new clutch though.

Vijay

Thanks Prabhuav and Brraj,
Just asked about the vibration because I didnt find anything like that in Swift D and Skodas.

Prabhuav - Guess you are bringing your elantra along with you for the meet ,so I can get a better understanding of the difference in stage 2:D.
Meet you soon.Take care.

Oh yes I am .. Wish I had volunteered for the intercooler change first.. that car is insane man, Would have easily given the 530d a run for its money.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mclaren1885 (Post 1069915)
Work In Progress. Expect a detailed report soon.

Doesn't it look mean?
Attachment 74196

any progress in the work? :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gangsta (Post 1101352)
any progress in the work? :D

Testing in progress. Satya is too busy enjoying his car to write a report I hear ;) .

Quote:

Originally Posted by mclaren1885 (Post 1101384)
Testing in progress. Satya is too busy enjoying his car to write a report I hear ;) .

This time you guys are planning to smoke 520D beamer? :Shockked:

This has been one amazingly informative thread so far.Would love to have an update on the way the car is behaving now with the intercooler please:
BTW is there any way to make the elantra crdi accelerate better at lower rpms before the turbo kicks in?That seems to be the only small issue,if there is a solution I may go in for an elantra crdi myself and forget about the petrols :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by maverick030581 (Post 1104407)
BTW is there any way to make the elantra crdi accelerate better at lower rpms before the turbo kicks in?That seems to be the only small issue,if there is a solution I may go in for an elantra crdi myself and forget about the petrols :D

Install intercooler, the feel is just like petrol cars.

@brraj

Does an intercooler make that much of a difference??Amazing.
How much would it cost and who would be able to do that for me(reliably) here in Mumbai? AFAIK the tuners here are only into petrol cars.Any info would be greatly appreciated sir.Thanks.:thumbs up

@maverick030581

Even we were surprised when we experienced the linear power delivery.
In fact we were able to drive at 70kmph in 5th gear with out a jerk (This was done for testing purpose only and is not recommendable, usually we shift to 5th after 100kmph).

Intercooler should cost you 22k and of course the prices varies with different brands.
Intercooler installation should cost you around 10k and this also depends on what piping and hoses you use.

I do not know any tuner in Mumbai but can help you if you can drive down to bangalore :).

@brraj

Thanks for the prompt reply sir,quite unbelievable,70 in 5th in a diesel.Simply amazing.Any check on the FE since the intercooler install? Anyway I can feel myself tilting towards the Elantra CRDi now for sure.After a Pete's box and a filter and the intercooler,should be a hoot to drive circles around the modded petrols :D Cost for all of these is also very reasonable.There is a small chance of me being promoted and relocating to B'lore in April 09.Will definitely catch up with you then for the intercooler,if I get the Elantra(finances permitting) will come down even if I'm not promoted :thumbs up Till then in Mumbai a pete's dabba and a filter will have to suffice guess.Thanks for all your efforts with your Elantra sir.

PS-First of course I need to get my next car.