Team-BHP - HELP : Tata Indica Xeta GLG 1.4L - Throttle Body CDI valve required
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   HELP : Tata Indica Xeta GLG 1.4L - Throttle Body CDI valve required (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/37097-help-tata-indica-xeta-glg-1-4l-throttle-body-cdi-valve-required.html)

Hi,
The CDI valve( guess thats the name) on the throttle body of my Indica Xeta needs to be changed. The threading on the valve mount has worn off for some reason. When I asked the TATA Motors guys, they claimed that the entire throttle body comes along with those valves. Now, that costs around 12-13000. I need to replace that valve only.
However they mentioned that the valve is available in the open market.

Can anyone help me out in this regard. Where in Kolkata can I get that valve?

get in touch with Royal Motors (off: Shakespeare Sarani intersection, Near Teen Murty) Ph: 033-22872724 or try Sheesh Motors nears AJC Bose Road Flyover (Near IOC Ptrol Pump).

Sheesh Motors stock Tata parts for sure. :) Ping me if you need help with directions.

Wow, just the other day when I was servicing my car at the TATA-FIAT dealer, I came across a Tata Indica Petrol with the EXACT same problem as yours. TURBOSAM on the forum was working on a resolution to it without replacing the throttle body. I got busy with servicing my own car hence didn't pay much attention but you can PM him to get more info. P.S, this valve that you talk about is called the Stepper Motor? Its a small black mini rocket shaped hollow valve that is spring loaded.

Quote:

Originally Posted by moralfibre (Post 762870)
...... P.S, this valve that you talk about is called the Stepper Motor? Its a small black mini rocket shaped hollow valve that is spring loaded.

Exactly. Thats the one I was talking about. Did you say that there is a solution thread in team-bhp on that?

Quote:

Originally Posted by XetaGLGRocks (Post 762881)
Exactly. Thats the one I was talking about. Did you say that there is a solution thread in team-bhp on that?

Nope, its not on any thread. I saw it being done at the workshop.

Hi,

> When I asked the TATA Motors guys, they claimed that the entire throttle
> body comes along with those valves. Now, that costs around 12-13000. I
> need to replace that valve only.

Please check the following.

I asked the query in another forum and this is the answer:

Yahoo! Groups

Hope this helps.

@Rajesh - I looked up the thread and contacted all the TATA workshops. However all of them claimed that it comes along with the throttle body set.

Any leads to a shop where it might be available?

As I suggested, you could try Sheesh Motors. They would require a sample to get you the replacement part. So you need to find a way to dismantle the faulty part... should be possible from what I had seen.

Quote:

Originally Posted by razor4077 (Post 765491)
As I suggested, you could try Sheesh Motors. They would require a sample to get you the replacement part. So you need to find a way to dismantle the faulty part... should be possible from what I had seen.

Dismantling is easy. Need to take out 2 screws. However, Sheesh Motors said that they wont be able to get one and suggested I look for it in the open market.

Hi,

> @Rajesh - I looked up the thread and contacted all the TATA workshops.
> However all of them claimed that it comes along with the throttle body set.

That answer came from somebody in the NCR region.

I am in Kerala and everything is rather slow here for the Easter weekend.

So I am not be of much help to you right now.

Hi,

> That answer came from somebody in the NCR region.
> I am in Kerala and everything is rather slow here for the Easter weekend.
> So I am not be of much help to you right now.

There is a small update. I hope it is not late for you.

The person whose message you had read in the group link that I gave has reverted to me with the answer to the part number of the stepper motor.

Officially the part is not available separately. The throttle body part number is - 279115210103 includes Idle Air Control (IAC - stepper motor), Throttle Position sensor (TPS) and the throttle body. It carries a warranty of 1 year and it costs Rs 5300.00 plus taxes. The stepper motor if sourced separately elsewhere does not carry warranty.

The advise is to change the whole unit and to avail the warranty.

You have not mentioned the distance that your car has run. Is it out of warranty?

Kindly let me know whether this has helped you. If it has I will have to thank the person who provided me this information.

Regards,