Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th March 2008, 20:40   #1
BHPian

Ignorant Mechanics

Hi,

i donno wheather. been trying to find ppl who customise fiber things and interior works. but its horrible why our local garage ppl are this much ignorance in keeping pace with automobile field..

even an alloy wheel shop guy doenst knwo wht is offset.. PCD etc... then how come an lay man (in the sense who owns the car)could be prescribed correct things to choose from..
i am not expecting these guys to watch "Overhaulin" or "Pimp my ride" but atleast to spk with facts with in their knowledge instead of bluffing things and just spend the life in the circle of "If u press the pedal the vechile moves" thts it.

Been on 5 yrs searching for an ppl who atleast can spk of things like tht and into this buisness.. i own an UNO and decided to dehatch it.. which involves some grill/ bumber modifications,bad-boy bonnet.. so tht i wud try to get a look thth might resemble its Great-Daddy the Mark-II Uno Turbo.

but body work guys whome ever i meet they dont even knwo or heard of things like "Fiber filler",silicon stuffs. All they know is to work with fiber bumber is either get an new one or do an amature ugly bulging work of tying it up with an strings and melt it up.

if i have to de-batch and smooth my hatch i have to move my license plate to the bumper.. for this in india it seems really impossible

Note from Mod : Please take the time to type out your posts in full words as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid the use of SMS language (any1 = anyone, dat = that, etc), and please take the time to re-read your post for typos before submitting.

Last edited by Rehaan : 20th March 2008 at 09:53. Reason: Please limit smileys to 2/post. Avoid SMS/Slang as per Team-BHP rules.
Old 19th March 2008, 23:48   #2
Senior - BHPian

Ashok, Welcome to team-bhp.
About your post, I'll just say you haven't met the right people.
Old 20th March 2008, 00:01   #3
Senior - BHPian

You will find the right people if you go through posts in Team-BHP.
I knew only some accessory shops near my locality before joining here.
All the Best!!
Old 20th March 2008, 00:40   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Hello ashok,

Welcome to Team-BHP. While I understand your frustration, it would help if you practiced what you preach and read the rules of Team-BHP before you post.

One is not allowed to use more than 2 smileys. You've used 5! (A situation that will be shortly remedied by a moderator, I suspect)
Welcome to the land of people that speak the language of cars. Most people, not all. For example I don't know much about cars. Hey, I don't even know what a bumber is!

Have fun!
Old 20th March 2008, 00:47   #5
Senior - BHPian

Welcome aboard ashok. You seem to have invited the right (or is it wrong) kind of attention with your first post !!

Go through the different threads and you'll probably get all that you need.
Old 20th March 2008, 00:52   #6
Senior - BHPian

De-hatch or De-batch? Which one? By the way, what do those terms mean?

I guess you want to smoothen your hatch?
Old 20th March 2008, 01:18   #7
Senior - BHPian

Hi and welcome to TBHP.

you will find all your answers in this forum,
also please go through the announcements section. there is a limit set for number of smileys per post..

Goddy
Old 20th March 2008, 02:39   #8
BHPian

Welcome to Team-BHP, hope you find the answers to all your problems. search for a thread with the details of all the accessories and mod shops in India, I'm sure Chennai has a few...

what's most interesting is that you've been a member since Nov 05, and this is your first post...interesting...why the long silence?
Old 20th March 2008, 02:57   #9
BHPian

Add me to your list of ignorant people,whats dehatching and badboy bonnet ?
Old 20th March 2008, 10:56   #10
Senior - BHPian

Hey ashok,please post your worries and requirements once again as most of us here dint get what you meant.Be a bit more dedicated and carefull while posting here Buddie.We try to keep things well under the rules here.
ram
Old 20th March 2008, 12:07   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
For example I don't know much about cars. Hey, I don't even know what a bumber is!
Have fun!
Second that me too fully ignorance
Old 20th March 2008, 17:31   #12
BHPian

Bad-Boy Bonnet -- Some boy racers love modifying their bonnets. As well as the tacky, pointless [COLOR=#0000ff]bonnet vents[/COLOR] that they adore, they can cut the front of their bonnets in such a way that the bonnet is slanted over the headlights - kinda like a frowning cartoon car in a children's TV programme - and this technique is known as "Bad Boying" the bonnet. Presumably these boy racers like their cars to look like a character from a children's TV series, although we really couldn't tell you why.

de-badging - removal of name badges of the brand or logo what ever u call it

de-locking - people remove even door handles and smooth it with touch sensitive locks or just have an lock such that its locking swithc will just be sandwiched between the B pillar and the door frame(with little cut space for it in the door edge) so that you wont be able to see anything protruding out.

sorry i wrongly used the word de-hatching . what i meant was smoothing the hatch.

some pics of how the grill will look
Attached Thumbnails
Ignorant Mechanics-after-grill.jpg  

Ignorant Mechanics-grill.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 20th March 2008, 18:23   #13
BHPian

That Uno looks bada@# man. Looks wicked. Id say get a paintjob to some different colour. Love those door handles.

EDIT: Kind of looks like an amazing old golf id come across. Will find the picture and post it here when i do. Might be of some help. Im sure i have it in my backups somewhere.

Last edited by Xehaust : 20th March 2008 at 18:27.
Old 20th March 2008, 18:31   #14
BHPian

Many people do not agree to this, but I always thought the Uno was a pretty proportionate and nice looking car. And the car in your snaps is a two door? Interesting door-handle too.
Old 20th March 2008, 19:06   #15
BHPian

Old Generation VW Golf

Couldnt control, got down to finding the pictures right away and here they are
Attached Thumbnails
Ignorant Mechanics-golf-front.jpg  

Ignorant Mechanics-golf-back.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks