Team-BHP - Rear View Mirror of 2.2 VTT DICOR and spare wheel cover clamp
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Rear View Mirror of 2.2 VTT DICOR and spare wheel cover clamp (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/37181-rear-view-mirror-2-2-vtt-dicor-spare-wheel-cover-clamp.html)

Friends,

I am new to this forum and this is my first post. I have a TD Safari but recently had to change the windshield because of too many scratches in it. However, the windshield glass i got in my car is of a Safari 2.2 dicor model and unable to find the RVM. (the workshop guy did not check the glass before fitting)

I searched JC Road and TATA showrooms in Bangalore but did not find the RVM. Interestingly one of the showroom folks told me that Tata safaris do not come with the kind of windshield i am using !!!

Could one of you please help me find one? If its available in other states, then please help. I also need a sparewheel cover clamp for the Dicor model.

Have a good day.

BTW: I did search the forum but did not see any posts on this issue, so guess i am the first to face this problem.

Thanks,
Sunish

Just curious, why cant you fix the old rear view mirror? I've changed the windscreen of my Matiz twice (courtsey Bangalore's coconut trees) and had no issues in fixing the old rearview mirror.

Another option could be to go for a rear-view mirror with LCD for the reversing camera. I was shown one, when we bought our Safari-LX. It was expensive though!

The problem is that the old glass has a bigger base than the new one, so it won't fit. I don't mind fixing a camera but how expensive is that? Considering the age of my car, don't think someone would really value that investment when i sell it. What do you think?

buddy i have one more question. I am completely confused so please bear with me.

The tata motors guys say that the windshield i am using is of a VX model which comes with camera and has a smaller base. But you as well as the dealers say they can fit the camera in EX and LX models as well. So this means the base for the mirror should be same, right? Please help me. If not too much of a pain, would you mind if you i see your vehicles pic especially the mirror part? That will solve this confusion.

I was quoted 17K for the camera thing, but I've heard people saying numbers like 10K also. You can remove it while selling the car, but it would be difficult to convince a buyer to buy it without any rear view mirror.

I have the LX model and didn't go for the camera-view mirror (as it was so expensive). Do you still want to see a pic?

Isnt the rear-view mirror stuck with some kind of glue on the windshield. If so, any rear-view mirror could be possibly stuck to the windshield. Right?

yes, appreciate if you can send a pic, or if you are staying somewhere near Koramangala or HSR layout, then i can come check as long as you are fine with it.

The glue is too tough as we had no luck in removing the plastic base from the windshield, and i don't want to scratch the glass again :) But that's one last option where i need to fnd someone who can remove it without damaging the glass. And what shop do you generally go to pick spares for Safari? Showroom is pathetic, gave car to concorde and they got me a dent on the right door as gift and a sorry, plus had to sit with them and supervise the job ! I am talking about Concorde motors. Well that's another topic for later stage.