Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2008, 00:23   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
True on what Manan says, bangkok is for the cheap and 'trick' stuff to rice out your ride! ICE is a strict no-no... rice and chicken is good!

@Bharat, first time around it can be a bit disappointing. But if you go a little prepared and have the time then it can be rewarding. Also you need to be able to cross the language barrier somehow.

With regards to what I said I had picked up some OEM Honda CRV parts from a company dealer close to 50% cheaper than Honda India prices. Similarly sourced some Nissan parts for my friend and shipped em out. There's a lot of OEM dealers on the either side of the road from where you took the pic of the Worachak sign board.

Though my advise is if you have a limited time in BKK then dont waste time with this kinda stuff. Soak in some of the culture.. for the naughty minds thats temples, cruises, legit massages and food
I completely agree with Anirudh!! first time can be a little disappointing, Happened with me also, When i dropped off the taxi what i was roaming about were these OEM shops selling OEM parts, But since the swift is not sold in Thailand, no interesting stuff was available, It took me about an hour and a entire tour of worachak road to find the right place!!! One i was in i went crazy.

@Anirudh:I Get what you want to say!!! Bangkok is a nice place, I mean with ticket prices cheap enough its better to go to Bangkok than any other place in India for a Holiday, Phuket is truly Heaven!!!

Last edited by m4ugr8 : 25th August 2008 at 00:25.
Old 1st September 2008, 23:56   #32
BHPian

All the things on sale like Speakers, HU, Shampoo, Polish, Chamois, Lights including strobes, Pedal kits were fake and looked really cheap. I traversed the entire length of Worachak. The photo of Worachak road I took is at the intersection of Worachak and I traversed all the four lenghts and did not find any mall that you are talking of, only small shops selling hardware parts for cars/bikes like you get on JC road in Bangalore.
You can never go to any local for help so that just complements the problem.

I only picked up a OS 4cc engine at Worachak by credit card. The price was 40% cheaper than India. In the end Citibank cancelled my credit card saying that people have tried misusing it.

If you have pictures of the mall on worachak please do post will help others.
Old 5th September 2008, 10:20   #33
c10
BHPian

Online Shopping..

hi, Can anybody help me with Stores who have online shopping too (BK / HK / SG)..

Recently my friend had been to HK & i had a hard time finalising the units i wanted..
Old 5th September 2008, 10:28   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
OT: Is it just me who got wierd ideas when I read the thread title - "Accessories" in Bangkok?
No..that was just YOU!!! maybe a different thread where to get THOSE???
Old 5th September 2008, 10:53   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1self View Post
No..that was just YOU!!! maybe a different thread where to get THOSE???
Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
No Spad, you were not the only one...
OT: Not just me..gd bhai is giving me company
Old 9th September 2008, 18:24   #36
BHPian

Post Deleted by the Team-BHP Support : SMS / Slang is STRICTLY prohibited on this community. We would much appreciate your using full & proper english in posts, for the benefit of other forum users.

Please view our board rules carefully before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 9th September 2008 at 18:59.
zeeshan suleman is offline   Received Infraction
Old 9th September 2008, 18:36   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeeshan suleman View Post
lenso is manufactured and its dirt cheap, ull get a pair or sxey look 17" WITH tyres for as less as INR 20k.. and all the shops i saw started their range only from 17"... crazy rims i must say.
A pair for INR 20k isnt exactly cheap.
Old 9th September 2008, 18:57   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A pair for INR 20k isnt exactly cheap.
You are absolutely correct 2-rims for 20k is way to expensive,you can buy in india from a local store and sell it there in profit
Old 10th September 2008, 21:55   #39
Senior - BHPian

Correct paaaaji

Waise bhi you wont get authentic Lenso's + Yoko 17s at that price (20k for set of 4).

There's loads of local brands there that look and feel great but arent intended for Indian roads... saving 10k vs bent rims. What would you chose ?
Old 11th September 2008, 11:30   #40
BHPian

Rims in bkk

i am telling u guys these are original lenso rims, while i was there a bmw m3 was getting these on, they were putting goodyear tyres for him, well atleast they looked original, or they must be originals made in thailand!!!
Old 16th September 2008, 14:32   #41

Hi guys..

like many of us here...i am also looking for a good store / dealer in Bkk who can supply stuff to India.

I am mainly looking for the mufflers , grilles , lights , neons , steering wheel , seats.

I want to change the stock head lamps in my swift but i dont want the basic angel eyes now because it seems that everyone running a swift has those..

If nothing else then i will settle for angel eyes only , so does any one of you has a contact down there in Bkk??

If the prices are cheaper then those of Indian market , I can also arrange for a Group Order.

any help will be appreciated.
Old 16th September 2008, 16:51   #42
BHPian

My mistake, I meant 4 rims for INR 20k with tyres.

Last edited by zeeshan suleman : 16th September 2008 at 16:53.
Old 23rd September 2008, 19:53   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~mave~ View Post
I want to change the stock head lamps in my swift but i dont want the basic angel eyes now because it seems that everyone running a swift has those..
Get the OEM Swift Sport Projector Headlamps from Japan.
Old 23rd September 2008, 21:43   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~mave~ View Post
, so does any one of you has a contact down there in Bkk??

any help will be appreciated.
Well i do have a friend in who stays in bankok. Hes from Mumbai and is currently in mumbai right now.
Iasked him if its possible to help us to order parts to mumbai. He said that wouldnt be a problem.
Old 23rd September 2008, 22:10   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Get the OEM Swift Sport Projector Headlamps from Japan.

do you know how much it's costing ?
Just approx INR60000/- i think it's good one right?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks