Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2008, 09:55   #1

Accessories in Bangkok

Not sure if this is the right section - Can any of you name some shops in Bangkok that sell goodies for cars and motorbikes?
Old 23rd March 2008, 16:55   #2
Senior - BHPian

How familiar are you with BKK? If you know your way around Chinatown or the Ratchasawong area I can direct you to some shops.

What are you after?
Old 23rd March 2008, 19:37   #3

Hardly familiar with Bangkok. Yes I know Sukamvit Road and that's about it. I am interested in small thingies like cell phone holders, etc for my Ikon. I need one of those bolt on steering knobs that fit on to the steering wheel for cruising. I am sure you know what I mean.

I also need fairing mounted mirrors for my Pulsar.

Basically to go into one of these shops and pick up what looks attractive. Just small stuff.

Thanks!
Old 24th March 2008, 01:33   #4

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Can someone also guide me to where i can get steering wheels,gear knobs,foot pedals,hid's in bangkok.
Old 24th March 2008, 01:38   #5
Senior - BHPian

all those stuff which you are mentioning ae highly cheapo in india.Like the gear knob you get it for Rs.150./cell phone holder 50-75rs. H.I.D's Bosch costs about 6350/- last i heard,fairing mounted mirros i have 1pair lying with me bought it for 65rs.. dunno about bangkok if its much cheaper than here???
Old 24th March 2008, 02:07   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramie2400 View Post
all those stuff which you are mentioning ae highly cheapo in india.Like the gear knob you get it for Rs.150./cell phone holder 50-75rs. H.I.D's Bosch costs about 6350/- last i heard,fairing mounted mirros i have 1pair lying with me bought it for 65rs.. dunno about bangkok if its much cheaper than here???
Right on Ramie. Its actually true, you can get these things cheaper here.
Coming to Sukumvit Road, it runs down miles and miles of Bangkok which is almost the entire city. For these things go to a Dept. store like MBK. I call it the MAnish MArket of Mumbai. You will find so many shops selling all these sort of knick knacks for you to buy and browse. Dont know if they are cheaper than India though!!
Old 24th March 2008, 02:25   #7
BHPian

Hey ramie/v16,
could you please tell me from where to buy the cell-phone holder for 50-75 rs.?
Seriously need one. And where can i browse for knick-knacks in mumbai?

Last edited by Xehaust : 24th March 2008 at 02:27.
Old 24th March 2008, 05:52   #8
BANNED

Bosch HID kit for 6k+?
Sure? Genuine? What type? Model?
I'm all sunk in questions!
Old 24th March 2008, 06:51   #9
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
Bosch HID kit for 6k+?
Sure? Genuine? What type? Model?
I'm all sunk in questions!
Of course its not genuine zak. Its bosche or something.
Old 24th March 2008, 11:49   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumirish View Post
I am interested in small thingies like cell phone holders, etc for my Ikon. I need one of those bolt on steering knobs that fit on to the steering wheel for cruising.
I have seen a few shops selling car accessories in chatuchak weekend market, though locating such stores might be a pain. In MBK there is one floor dedicated to cell phones and accessories (4th floor, I think) where you can get the holders etc. There is also one shop in Pantip plaza (forgot the name) selling electonic gadgets for car. You can check that out too.
Old 24th March 2008, 19:06   #11
Senior - BHPian

MBK, Pantip etc can be more expensive than buying in India.

HID kits run a little expensive in BKK, believe it or not you can get the Chinese kits for cheaper in India.

Chinatown is on the other side of BKK along the Chao Praya and there are dedicated markets for Car/Bike parts. Doesnt make sense unless you want to buy larger quantities.

@Sumirish, I agree with the others, for the knick knacks just look in the malls or buy locally saves time, headache and sometimes even money
Old 24th March 2008, 19:37   #12
Senior - BHPian

OT: Is it just me who got wierd ideas when I read the thread title - "Accessories" in Bangkok?
Old 24th March 2008, 23:26   #13

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Car accessories are definitely cheaper in bangkok.Afriend who has just returned from bangkok purchased a 3 sets of hids for 9k,a momo replica steering wheel for 2k and momo atomik gear knob for 1.5k.
So compared to delhi,its a lot cheaper.
Old 24th March 2008, 23:57   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Of course its not genuine zak. Its bosche or something.
There is a fake chinese player in the market by the name of BOSCH not BOSCHE!, yea for sure its not the "BOSCH-Made in Germany" that we all know coz they do not manufacture aftermarket HID kits at all is what i've been told.

I am also told by a few friendly accessory shops in Milan that this is a Chinese brand which is registered as Bosch. Its definately misusing the brand-name of BOSCH (and sadly many people in the market who buy these actually feel they are buying the real thing) but then yes i have seen these chinese BOSCH HID kits in various different types of packaging ranging from as low as 5-6k for a kit which comes in a white cardboard type packaging all the way upto even 14k for a kit which comes in a chrome suitcase with chrome plated ballasts.

Cheers

Last edited by prince85 : 25th March 2008 at 00:05.
Old 25th March 2008, 14:42   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellspawn View Post
Car accessories are definitely cheaper in bangkok.Afriend who has just returned from bangkok purchased a 3 sets of hids for 9k,a momo replica steering wheel for 2k and momo atomik gear knob for 1.5k.
Interesting, are those 3 HID conversion kits or 1 kit and 3 pairs of bulbs.

Try to post a pic of the kit or get the brand name if you can. Otherwise the prices seem ok.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks