Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2008, 14:46   #91
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashthedivx View Post
Though CNG specific engine oils are available but haven't tested them though, been using Castrol Magnatec from ages and really satisfied with the same.

Does the engine noise is higher in cng or petrol ??

With regard to Noise, it seems there was some tuning issue - it is resolved now.

I have already changed the oil - and this time again it is Shell Helix

Next time I will change to Castrol Magnatec.

I have TAP & Lamda installed in my car right from the day I converted to CNG, how would I know whether the TAP is working or not ? With Lamda system I know it is working as there are Red, Yellow, Green lights which illuminate when the system is running, but no light on TAP. Any clues ??
Old 20th October 2008, 15:48   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khandelwal View Post
With Lamda system I know it is working as there are Red, Yellow, Green lights which illuminate when the system is running, but no light on TAP. Any clues ??
The TAP does not have any visible external light indicator(atleast not the makes i am aware of), to notice if its working or not you need to pull down the rubber covering of the connector and a red light should be visible to denote that its working, if its not glowing then its not working.
Old 20th October 2008, 16:06   #93
BHPian

Thanks,

Would check that today.
Old 20th October 2008, 17:49   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khandelwal View Post
Thanks,

Would check that today.
Hey no probs bro! But dont fiddle around with it too much because these TAPs are mostly Chinese makes and delicate, a wrong pull here and there and it will conk off easily, best bet is to get it checked by the fitter themselves.
Old 20th October 2008, 17:55   #95
BHPian

I was thinking if we can do an ECU Remap for CNG ? Will it be good?
Old 20th October 2008, 19:07   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangsta View Post

Not really sure about the ECU remap, but if CNG kit is sequential it will have a parallel ECU which will change the values, and it comes with a software and a key to change the parameters. We can change the Air fuel mixture to Rich for better performance, and poor for FE.

I have played a little with that. But later the guy refused to give me the key to change some values.

I did some triial and error stuff with it. Seemed to work fine, but then I dint have TAP fitted. But could see the difference.
Old 20th October 2008, 19:27   #97
BHPian

Quote:
ECU Remaps are only available for VAG cars in India at the moment unless RD Karthik of Race Dynamics does one for you. It should be good but i dont think it will be practical because values for petrol running will be lost as with the stock ECU or on the new ECU a switch has to be provided for stock and CNG maps.
The best bet would be a piggyback ECU for CNG, would be cost effective aswell.
Again this is available with a sequential kit.
Old 20th October 2008, 21:19   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhik View Post
ECU Remaps are only available for VAG cars in India at the moment unless RD Karthik of Race Dynamics does one for you. It should be good but i dont think it will be practical because values for petrol running will be lost as with the stock ECU or on the new ECU a switch has to be provided for stock and CNG maps.
The best bet would be a piggyback ECU for CNG, would be cost effective aswell.
Again this is available with a sequential kit.
Means i have to change my kit too? What will be the cost for it? any idea?
Old 20th October 2008, 21:21   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.kk View Post
Not really sure about the ECU remap, but if CNG kit is sequential it will have a parallel ECU which will change the values, and it comes with a software and a key to change the parameters. We can change the Air fuel mixture to Rich for better performance, and poor for FE.

I have played a little with that. But later the guy refused to give me the key to change some values.

I did some triial and error stuff with it. Seemed to work fine, but then I dint have TAP fitted. But could see the difference.
What sort of changes you felt? means peppier acceleration? top speed .... 0-100 kmph tried?
Old 20th October 2008, 21:51   #100
BHPian

this discussion is going way too over my head and my ohc 1.5 is giving me jitters on cng, performance wise. On petrol its still a rocket but once on cng it performs badly then an alto :( :(
even after installing TAP and lambda it still has idling issues(most of the time it vibrates between 400-500 rpm, sometimes car also stalls) and TAP acts like as if its sleeping, the car is really suffering on torque. I have got the tuning done twice but to no avail. The problems come back after 1-2 days of tuning.
i feel the car was performing better on cng earlier without TAP and lambda though it used to stall more. My 8K bucks have more or less gone in drain. If i'll get frustrated enough then i'll just throw away this kit and would install the sequential kit. Hope it would be peace of mind!
Old 20th October 2008, 21:54   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish22 View Post
this discussion is going way too over my head and my ohc 1.5 is giving me jitters on cng, performance wise. On petrol its still a rocket but once on cng it performs badly then an alto :( :(
even after installing TAP and lambda it still has idling issues(most of the time it vibrates between 400-500 rpm, sometimes car also stalls) and TAP acts like as if its sleeping, the car is really suffering on torque. I have got the tuning done twice but to no avail. The problems come back after 1-2 days of tuning.
i feel the car was performing better on cng earlier without TAP and lambda though it used to stall more. My 8K bucks have more or less gone in drain. If i'll get frustrated enough then i'll just throw away this kit and would install the sequential kit. Hope it would be peace of mind!
it seems your tuning is not done according to the tap.
Old 20th October 2008, 23:18   #102
BHPian

Where we can find Sequential Kit in NEW DELHI? any idea guys?
Old 21st October 2008, 09:43   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish22 View Post
Why not look at a a different tuner rather then the regular one? It looks like your regular mechanic ain't too good in TAP and lambda tuning, and according to your description it is pure tuning issue only.

Quote:
Where we can find Sequential Kit in NEW DELHI? any idea guys?
Shirmankar Auotgas Services, Okhla

They have a demo unit of the Sequential Kit putted in Reception area for better understanding.

Last edited by ashthedivx : 21st October 2008 at 09:50.
Old 21st October 2008, 10:51   #104
BHPian

any idea how much would it cost and what advantages can i look forward to once i change my kit to sequential?
i hope i'll not have to get it tuned often and performance comparable to petrol.
Old 21st October 2008, 16:03   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashthedivx View Post
Why not look at a a different tuner rather then the regular one? It looks like your regular mechanic ain't too good in TAP and lambda tuning, and according to your description it is pure tuning issue only.

Shirmankar Auotgas Services, Okhla

They have a demo unit of the Sequential Kit putted in Reception area for better understanding.
thanx mate. do you have their phone number too?

Most Viewed