Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2009, 13:13   #181
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys how about a CNG meet-up just after the T-bhp meet which is being cooked this Saturday in Kalkaji on occasion of opening of JBL Showroom !!

More details @ http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...cr-meetup.html
Old 5th January 2009, 22:15   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish22 View Post
mine is a 98 OHC done around 82K and engine has lost its punch now.

as far as esteem is concerned it can keep up well till around 100-110 and after that it will be a hard struggle. Sure accent can leave it behind one it has touched around 120!

Btw gangsta my top speed on CNG is 145 kph approx and you have already touched 180 on CNG :O
yeah but that was when it was 60k ODO. recently i had done 170 kmph, may be car had done 1,02,XXX km ODO or i think it's service time. after the service, I will again check if i can touch 180 mark with CNG again or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashthedivx View Post
I opted for stock replacement to avoid any type water issue in rainy season, as i ain't the type of guy who holds a different filter for different season !! For me it's like fill it, shut it & forget it !! With the Accent's peppy engine i doubt if an esteem can beat it !! More or less i believe car is a machine, guts should be there with one who drives it

BTW, I own Chevrolet Optra 2004 batch which is driven sedately by me or my driver around 74K according to odometer.
Aha! means your car's engine is in good shape unlike mine.

Quote:
Hey guys how about a CNG meet-up just after the T-bhp meet which is being cooked this Saturday in Kalkaji on occasion of opening of JBL Showroom !!

More details @ http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...cr-meetup.html
I wonder where is abhik.. he is ready with his ikon?
Old 9th January 2009, 16:57   #183
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Note from Mod : Please don't go off-topic and discuss meets in this thread. We have a separate section for that purpose.
Old 31st January 2009, 17:27   #184
BHPian

Tested some roll on timings for my car i.e Accent 1.6L with lambda and TAP installed with stock airfilter over 1 lakh km done on Accent (No Service for around 11k km) ..... on CNG on Expressway (Safe empty road ahead). Timings taken with a stop watch and everytime i change gears just before 6k RPM.

3rd Gear: 60-100 kmph - 10.1 sec

2nd + 3rd Gear: 50-100 kmph - 10.2 sec

2nd + 3rd Gear: 40-100 kmph - 10.3 sec (This was quick because i revved my car upto 6.5K+ RPM just for this rollon, so in 3rd gear i got higher rpm and torque)

4th gear: 60-100 kmph - 13.4 sec

3rd + 4th gear: 100-140 kmph - 13.9 sec

3rd + 4th gear: 80-140 kmph - 18.2 sec

Top Speed Achieved: 170-173 kmph. (Slightly higher than 170 mark.)

Don't know if they are bad or good for CNG cars.

Last edited by Gangsta : 31st January 2009 at 17:34.
Old 31st January 2009, 20:21   #185
BHPian

Actually the roll-on times are good but the only run in the above post qualifying for a roll on time is "3rd Gear: 60-100 kmph - 10.1 sec". Bro roll on times are always measured in 1 gear, if i recall correctly. Because you have posted "3rd+4th"- do you mean roll-on time tested in 3rd gear and stop-watch stopped when you shifted to 4th?
Old 31st January 2009, 20:46   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhik View Post
Actually the roll-on times are good but the only run in the above post qualifying for a roll on time is "3rd Gear: 60-100 kmph - 10.1 sec". Bro roll on times are always measured in 1 gear, if i recall correctly. Because you have posted "3rd+4th"- do you mean roll-on time tested in 3rd gear and stop-watch stopped when you shifted to 4th?
Just started in the 3rd gear... then 4th... to achieve that speed and havnt stopped my watch while changing gears. Aha! i can't edit the post now. lolz i will ask mods to change it to .... what should we call it then??

Last edited by Gangsta : 31st January 2009 at 20:47.
Old 31st January 2009, 21:21   #187
Senior - BHPian

Good effort gangsta. Why dont u do the same runs with the car running on petrol. I think it will make a good comparison knowing where the car is losing/gaining on performance.
Old 31st January 2009, 21:39   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autopsyche View Post
Good effort gangsta. Why dont u do the same runs with the car running on petrol. I think it will make a good comparison knowing where the car is losing/gaining on performance.
oh yes great idea. next time i will goto expressway... i will surely do it and compare it.
Old 31st January 2009, 23:45   #189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autopsyche View Post
I was just about to suggest the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangsta View Post
oh yes great idea. next time i will goto expressway... i will surely do it and compare it.
Make sure the tests are done on the exact same piece of stretch and done back to back quickly, so that other factors like temperature(air and road), wind speed etc remain more or less constant. The driver should also remain the same in both runs.
Take a friend along and make him sit in the middle or behind you in the back seat so that he gets a clear view of the speedometer and accordingly operate the stop watch.
Use a stopwatch capable of lap timings, i dont know the exact terminology, but the ones in which you can push the button to record a part of the time elapsed while the master time still keeps running.
Ask the friend to carry a pen and paper and write each gear max speeds and at what RPM in which gear, obviously he wont have much time so he could use short forms like 2nd 65 6000-where 2nd is gear 65kmph @ 6000RPMs. The stop watch will show the time achieved to reach that speed in every gear. He should record the lap time when you press the clutch to change the gear.

PLEASE DO THIS SAFELY AND PREFERABLY AT A TIME WHEN THERE ARE VERY LITTLE CARS ON THE ROAD. FOR YOUR SAFETY AND OTHERS. The streach is empty almost everyday around the clock but please be very careful.
Old 2nd February 2009, 10:01   #190
Senior - BHPian

Timing looks good Congrates

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhik View Post
Take a friend along and make him sit in the middle or behind you in the back seat so that he gets a clear view of the speedometer and accordingly operate the stop watch.
Must to have a companion for noting down the figures so that you can drive rather then looking at stop watch !!
Old 2nd February 2009, 16:37   #191
BHPian

thanx ashthedivx , arush and abhik for your suggestions. I will surely keep it in my mind when i will be going for this speed run next time.

abhik, i havnt seen you since a long time on the forum. how is your ikon running? planning to buy a diesel car/

Last edited by Gangsta : 2nd February 2009 at 16:39.
Old 2nd February 2009, 20:01   #192
BHPian

Quote:
Timing looks good Congrates

Must to have a companion for noting down the figures so that you can drive rather then looking at stop watch !!
Absolutely, doing inexcess of 100-120kmph on a public highway and concentrating on anything except the road is not wise.

Quote:
thanx ashthedivx , arush and abhik for your suggestions. I will surely keep it in my mind when i will be going for this speed run next time.

abhik, i havnt seen you since a long time on the forum. how is your ikon running? planning to buy a diesel car/
Ikon has been sold! Thank God for that!
I was busy and still am with work and things happening at home and sorting out finances for the new car, i do plan to buy a diesel but lets hope for the best!

Last edited by GTO : 4th February 2009 at 17:32. Reason: Lets be respectful toward other members, shall we?
Old 3rd February 2009, 03:28   #193
BHPian

well abhik.. i had clearly written that i had full empty safe stretch infront of me, very early morning. i think u should read before commenting on the way to drive.
Old 5th February 2009, 19:53   #194
BHPian

Quote:
well abhik.. i had clearly written that i had full empty safe stretch infront of me, very early morning. i think u should read before commenting on the way to drive.
Sorry bro! But i did read what you wrote about it was just a friendly reminder/suggestion, thats it, not comments!
Old 6th February 2009, 23:53   #195
BHPian

hey guys... reading the whole thread, really made me think!! i wanna get CNG on my swift too!!!
mine is givin a poor FE of 9kmpl... so m doomed~~!!!
any idea how much a CNG kit would cost???

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks