Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2008, 11:39   #16
BHPian

There's not much rattling as keep it in check regularly, anyway I would be going for a complete body overhaul in a couple of months & beef it up...AC has been serviced recently as summer is round the corner & maintenance cost is under 2k for a service...Infact on highways I run the car with AC on & it tops 125K even now...As I m using Synthetic oil engine has been kept in check.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureshshanmugam View Post
Thanks mridul for the picute.

after 90+ K, how is the rattling noise in the car?
Also how is the AC performance and maintenance cost?
Old 29th March 2008, 15:42   #17
BHPian

I also want to know whether the life , fuel economy and other stuff would be reduced by adding these mods like ffe , air intake etc...

help needed !!
Old 30th March 2008, 23:43   #18
BHPian

It all depends on how one customize's it...FFE should be done by an expert and it cannot be done by everyone...proper care must be taken while making a FFE to ensure maximum power & performance out of it. I ve been using a FFE with headers since the day I have had my car 800 5S...I ve not faced any problem likewise the air intake too...Its advisable to use synthetic oil when an FFE is used....

Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaush666 View Post
I also want to know whether the life , fuel economy and other stuff would be reduced by adding these mods like ffe , air intake etc...

help needed !!
Old 31st March 2008, 00:01   #19
Senior - BHPian

165/65 is also a right upsize for alto.

155/65, 155/70, 165/60, 16565 are all right upsize.
Old 31st March 2008, 00:06   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclops View Post
hello manikjeet.. which k&n filter do you recommend.. the stock one or the universal type.... which one is the better performer and what is the cost involved in both?

well i understand that adding the filter wont make the car a race equip. but how much effect can it make on the power and fe? say in approx percentages..?
He got a conical one. Total cost was around 4.5k. Universal will be a better performer, but i would suggest you go with Green Air filters instead of K&N (though a personal preference)

FE has gone up by at least 1KM with the way he drives. The car picks up good now specially on lower gears. You can say the car can now move in 5th gear at the speed of 35kmph.
Old 31st March 2008, 00:28   #21
Senior - BHPian

To make the car faster get a Tri-phase ASAP unless their stock lasts. Its going for Rs. 7500 check classifieds section. Get porting and polishing done (not reversible procedure).

And check the below url :
SuzukiTuning.com - Tune your Suzuki Alto!
Credit goes to the anonymous person who posted this earlier on the forum. I can't remember the name and unable to search the thread.

P.S. Damn 3 posts in a row bad bad ME!

Last edited by abhibh : 31st March 2008 at 00:32.
Old 31st March 2008, 17:33   #22
BHPian

thanks for the advice guys....and i also want to know what would be the approximate cost of fitting an ffe with synthetic oil and k&n universal air filter...what would be the cost of fitting power windows for front 2 along with a tacho ?? and also thanks for the info mridul and abhibh

Last edited by kaush666 : 31st March 2008 at 17:51.
Old 31st March 2008, 18:00   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
thanks for the advice guys....and i also want to know what would be the approximate cost of fitting an ffe with synthetic oil and k&n universal air filter...what would be the cost of fitting power windows for front 2 along with a tacho ??
FFE i have no idea and i think it wont make much difference in performance specially on 800 CC engine.

Synthetic oil - Different brand different costs. 2K appx. Though remember to do the engine flush before using the synthetic oil and once you used the synthetic oil remember to use only SYNTHETIC OIL everytime.

K&N - 4.5K appx.

Tacho - Pricol Tacho cost Rs. 900 - 1100 availability is an issue. There is one autogage Tacho which i think costs 3k but not sure.

Autocop Power windows costs 4k for the fronts and if u want relay add Rs 500 more.

Last edited by abhibh : 31st March 2008 at 18:05.
Old 31st March 2008, 18:24   #24
BHPian

thanks a lot abhibh....will most of these be available in chennai ?? and will the autogauge tachometer host a shift-light ?? and i also want to know if the ffe sound's are permitted ?? and do i have to get a local rto endorsement after these mods ?? i also want to know the cost of hid lights ??
Old 31st March 2008, 18:41   #25
BHPian

thanks abhi. can you tell me where I can get the green air filters in pune?
one more advise, how good are the stock replacement filters, green air or k&n?
do they improve the performance or conical ARE required for it?
Old 31st March 2008, 21:31   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
thanks a lot abhibh....will most of these be available in chennai ?? and will the autogauge tachometer host a shift-light ?? and i also want to know if the ffe sound's are permitted ?? and do i have to get a local rto endorsement after these mods ?? i also want to know the cost of hid lights ??
Tacho with shift light i think costs around 4K. Dont know about the availability in Chennai. Try asking some other chennai members. Well if its not very loud its permitted and i dont think u need RTO endorsement for these.

No idea about hids in an Alto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclops View Post
thanks abhi. can you tell me where I can get the green air filters in pune?
one more advise, how good are the stock replacement filters, green air or k&n?
do they improve the performance or conical ARE required for it?
cyclops check Pete's Performance Products for green airfilters.
Stock Replacements doesn't make any difference they just last longer than the stock ones. The conical ones do effect performance but its in percentages so it might add up just 2 BHP max on an Alto.
Old 1st April 2008, 22:42   #27
BHPian

Hi
Tacho is available in Chennai with Dreams Auto or you can try at Arihants Accessories -State bank street -off GP road ..FFE does improve the overall performance of the car when customised perfectly..I ve been using one since the day I picked up my 800 5S MPFI and its custom made in chennai 7 performance has been good..it all depends on where the mid-muffler is placed....

On HID's I have them on my car for the past 2 yrs..the hitch is you get lot lot of fakes which are branded as Bosch.... The one I m using is Hella's ...

See pics of my car..need any help on accessories...I m willing to help...

Mridul...

Note from Mod - Please post using proper punctuation and ...not...like...this. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
Tacho with shift light i think costs around 4K. Dont know about the availability in Chennai. Try asking some other chennai members. Well if its not very loud its permitted and i dont think u need RTO endorsement for these.

No idea about hids in an Alto.

cyclops check Pete's Performance Products for green airfilters.
Stock Replacements doesn't make any difference they just last longer than the stock ones. The conical ones do effect performance but its in percentages so it might add up just 2 BHP max on an Alto.
Attached Thumbnails
Modding an Alto-front.jpg  

Modding an Alto-headers.jpg  

Modding an Alto-hid.jpg  

Modding an Alto-ice.jpg  

Modding an Alto-k26n.jpg  

Modding an Alto-profile.jpg  

Modding an Alto-side.jpg  

Last edited by Rehaan : 6th April 2008 at 11:00. Reason: Please see mods note in the post.
Old 5th April 2008, 13:15   #28
BHPian

thanks for the info mridul...hey how about xenos technologies for the power windows....and where can get a good set of alloys for a price of around 10k...and tell me some good place where i can get a good ffe...and is there any difference between the k&n conical one and the universal one....which is the better among these in terms of increase in power , life , maintainence etc...?? thnx in adavnce to all...
Old 5th April 2008, 13:25   #29
Senior - BHPian

Hey buddie,almost all the options are already mentioned here.i would like to mention just one point here.Add a zen(old) side mirrors done up in body colored tone.Looks good on the alto.
ram
Old 5th April 2008, 13:29   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_hyundai View Post
Add a zen(old) side mirrors done up in body colored tone.Looks good on the alto.
ram
Ram is right the side mirrors will look good but the Zen mirrors won't fit the Alto.
You need to get the side mirrors of Alto 1.1.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks