Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2009, 06:14   #331
Senior - BHPian

For those who missed the pictures of my Modded alto can go back a few pages to check the mods.

I also wanted to share that my alto is about to come back from the workshop after about a month as it had flipped 3 times.

See the pictures on the link below

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-pics-147.html

I'm now posting few pictures of the current status ( last sunday ) when i went to have a look at it.

The car was almost ready however they were waiting for few cosmetic parts to be fitted which was taking time.

I'm going to remod the car again ( never give up attitude ) and will keep posting the pictures as and when i get it done.

Luckily my K&N and FFE survived the turtle turns and the MOSS guy was not ready to put it back as he said it requires special fitting but i requested the higher authorities to get it done.

Comments are welcome.
Attached Thumbnails
Modding an Alto-alto.jpg  

Modding an Alto-alto1.jpg  

Modding an Alto-alto2.jpg  

Modding an Alto-alto3.jpg  

Modding an Alto-alto4.jpg  

Modding an Alto-alto5.jpg  

Old 20th May 2009, 10:54   #332
BHPian

ohh.. in that case sir its better to stay away from them and look for some other alternative..

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetan5678 View Post
Hi Cyclop,
sir right now i dont have a pic,it fits in the bumper where there is a square slot which is stripped,they remove it and fix this with lamps ,about the make its some local make not a known one,its not a good fit it rattles some times tried to fix it many times but no use,of late due to bangalore rains water is entering inside ,it was quoted by the showroom as rs 1000,i think its lot more cheaper outside,but sir please check out the make and decide,all i want to tell its not a mgp,i dont know how mandovi can stock such items ,i got to know about this only after it was fitted.
Old 21st May 2009, 09:29   #333
Senior - BHPian

@Monty & ashok: I’ve been following the thread since the beginning & I’m really confused whether to go with K&N or GC CAI.
Kindly throw some light on the best filter for alto. As you all know our car sucks when AC is on , which leads to frequent downshifts
BTW, whats the different between the piper cross filters installed by Monty (chrome color) & Mud mover (black matt finish).
Just spoke to peter as well & he suggested the dealer in Bangalore.egarly waiting for the updates.

Last edited by Technocrat : 21st May 2009 at 11:08. Reason: Only two smilies per post allowed, thanks
Old 21st May 2009, 12:36   #334
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
@Monty & ashok: I’ve been following the thread since the beginning & I’m really confused whether to go with K&N or GC CAI.
Kindly throw some light on the best filter for alto. As you all know our car sucks when AC is on , which leads to frequent downshifts
BTW, whats the different between the piper cross filters installed by Monty (chrome color) & Mud mover (black matt finish).
Just spoke to peter as well & he suggested the dealer in Bangalore.egarly waiting for the updates.
Ram! I use a K&N CAI in my 1.1 Alto and its done around 22K Kms without any hassles.

I am not sure about Green Cotton CAI, however did hear good reviews of it as well and maybe someone personally using it might give you some info on that.

PiperCross too is another one with good reviews and as you pointed out many forum members using Alto have used it. Well ! I would say, the basic CAI functionality and usage is the same and there is hardly much to distinguish between them according to me just like different Tyre makes(Bridgestone,Michelin etc).

Have a good one.
Old 21st May 2009, 14:40   #335
BANNED

well i'd say all the filters are almost the same but different make with different material. pipercross is a foam based filter.

in my opinion there will be very very marginal difference in the performace of the car. but the major role is that how they are installed, so that they dont suck hot air instead of cold air.

with my setup i have routed the filter's pipe to the coolest place in the car i could find.

so my suggestion is if you want to sepnd something the go for CAI (cold air intake) either from K&N or Piper corss. i am not sure if GC has one like this. and rest depends on your pocket too.
Old 22nd May 2009, 22:34   #336
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by monty9991 View Post
well i'd say all the filters are almost the same but different make with different material. pipercross is a foam based filter.

in my opinion there will be very very marginal difference in the performace of the car. but the major role is that how they are installed, so that they dont suck hot air instead of cold air.

with my setup i have routed the filter's pipe to the coolest place in the car i could find.

so my suggestion is if you want to sepnd something the go for CAI (cold air intake) either from K&N or Piper corss. i am not sure if GC has one like this. and rest depends on your pocket too.
I might go for a CAI if i decide to keep the car after i get it back
Old 22nd May 2009, 23:00   #337
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishnayak View Post
I might go for a CAI if i decide to keep the car after i get it back
thats a nice choice.
Old 25th May 2009, 14:17   #338
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
thats a nice choice.
Got my car back yesterday after gettig almost everything changed in that car except my K&N and FFE .

I've put the alloys back and the RVMS'. Would be putting the sunfilm reinstall the stereo and may o for coloured bumpers
Old 25th May 2009, 16:20   #339
BANNED

Quote:
Got my car back yesterday after gettig almost everything changed in that car except my K&N and FFE .

I've put the alloys back and the RVMS'. Would be putting the sunfilm reinstall the stereo and may o for coloured bumpers
thats a great news. dont go for colored bumpers because even one little scratch will be too loud on it.
for sunfilm 2-3 days back i installed garware COOL VISION for my windsheild and it has 70% visibilty. i really like it, its blocking 37% of heat. this only comes for windsheild ony.
Old 26th May 2009, 04:50   #340
BHPian

Monty, it would be nice if you post the price too, Does it affects vision in Night ?
I already wear spectacles -3.5
don't wanna bang into someplace with poor vision, although have 90/100philips essential vision installed.
Old 26th May 2009, 12:51   #341
BANNED

the price i paid for cool vision is Rs. 1800 and no, it really does not effect vision during nights. infact you even wont make out that you have film on ur windscreen.

off topic:- i see your signature saying you are going to start a car pc setup. ill be glad to help you if you need any, as i already have a car pc in my alto. my thread is in DIY section somewhere buried.. lol..
Old 26th May 2009, 22:30   #342
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
the price i paid for cool vision is Rs. 1800 and no, it really does not effect vision during nights. infact you even wont make out that you have film on ur windscreen.

off topic:- i see your signature saying you are going to start a car pc setup. ill be glad to help you if you need any, as i already have a car pc in my alto. my thread is in DIY section somewhere buried.. lol..
Whats a Car PC , im not too sure can you please help me understand it or give me a link where i can understand it better.
Old 26th May 2009, 22:52   #343
BANNED

Quote:
Whats a Car PC , im not too sure can you please help me understand it or give me a link where i can understand it better.
here's the link for car pc setups in various cars .. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-do...rpc-india.html
Old 26th May 2009, 23:10   #344
BHPian

Guys how much would a full repaint of the alto cost? a professional automotive paint job is what I am looking at. The present colour is white and I am told that repainting in a different colour is more expensive than the same colour. is it so?

any pointers to do the same in chennai would be appreciated too.
Old 27th May 2009, 16:12   #345
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sai_ace View Post
I am told that repainting in a different colour is more expensive than the same colour. is it so?
yeah may be because the old paint has to be removed all the way to the bare metal and then paint it to other color.

Most Viewed