Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2009, 15:51   #391
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
Need not regret,there are many new alto's in forum which had taken CAI.
BWT how much did you machine had clocked.

it has clocked 4k kms....lots more to go..
Old 12th June 2009, 21:44   #392
BHPian

Am looking a "lip spoiler" for the alto and these tail lamps.
Modding an Alto-suzuki_alto_2005_11.jpg
Any leads ? These tail lamps are stock on "Suzuki Alto VXR" sold in Pakistan.
Old 12th June 2009, 21:46   #393
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivred View Post
it has clocked 4k kms....lots more to go..
I dont think it voids the warranty as i had mine installed after about 10k kms which i clocked in bout 5 months.

Although i never faced any problem with the engine to claim the warranty but my assumtion is that it wont get void.

Also there are no problems in getting accidental claims ( i've taken multiple claims )
Old 12th June 2009, 22:20   #394
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishnayak View Post
I dont think it voids the warranty as i had mine installed after about 10k kms which i clocked in bout 5 months.

Although i never faced any problem with the engine to claim the warranty but my assumtion is that it wont get void.

Also there are no problems in getting accidental claims ( i've taken multiple claims )
thanks harish...hope my dream come true on the alto of installing an ffe
Old 12th June 2009, 23:06   #395
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivred View Post
thanks harish...hope my dream come true on the alto of installing an ffe
Make sure that you go through the correct person before installing the FFE cos it needs to be installed with great precision.

I had to wait at the installers garage for about 3-4 hours just to make sure that they do it properly , I also made the guy who was getting it done wait with me to make sure that everything was done as it should be done.

I would also suggest you to go for a conical K&N which would improve your vehicles performance and also the mileage by about 2 kmpl.

I could have guided you if you were in Delhi
Old 13th June 2009, 02:21   #396
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpandiv View Post
Am looking a "lip spoiler" for the alto and these tail lamps.
Attachment 147197
Any leads ? These tail lamps are stock on "Suzuki Alto VXR" sold in Pakistan.
Whats a lip spoiler ? never knew that alto is being sold in this form in Pakistan.

Also is VXR the high end model with body colored bumpers and defoggers ( as seen in this pic )
Old 13th June 2009, 09:23   #397
BHPian

Quote:
Make sure that you go through the correct person before installing the FFE cos it needs to be installed with great precision.

I had to wait at the installers garage for about 3-4 hours just to make sure that they do it properly , I also made the guy who was getting it done wait with me to make sure that everything was done as it should be done.

I would also suggest you to go for a conical K&N which would improve your vehicles performance and also the mileage by about 2 kmpl.

I could have guided you if you were in Delhi

thanks harish...yeah i know..because i went through the same thing while installing the cai and ffe on the ohc
Old 13th June 2009, 11:11   #398
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

please ask your MASS. tell them that you have fitted a FFE and ask them whether the warranty still stands for the engine and its parts like valves, O2 sensors etc.
any nonstandard fitment voids the warranty. this holds true to each and every manufacturer.

Accident claims are irrespective of warranty.
Old 15th June 2009, 08:20   #399
Senior - BHPian

arpandiv,have look @ the ebay,you may find them if you are lucky.that is the easiest way to buy & will be there within days @ your door step.

FFE & CAI:Major preference should be given for Installation these products.get in touch with right person who are expertise in doing them.
Old 16th June 2009, 18:28   #400
BHPian

Acessories needed for my Alto LXI

Hi there,

I need some advice on some accessories for my 2008 Alto LXI. When I bought my car in May 2008, I installed one small accessory, which I felt was extremely useful. I had the mechanics install the switch that activates the cabin light when the rear doors are open. The front two doors are installed with this switch, but for some unknown reason, the switches are not fitted on the rear doors.

This is strange, especially since the provision is kept on the Alto LXI’s rear doors for this fitment. And more mysterious is the fact that though the switches cost only Rs 30 apiece, Maruti did not feel it necessary to put them on a Rs 3 lakh LXI. These rear door switches are really useful when children are in the back seat or simply to warn the driver that one of the four doors has not been closed properly. Incidentally, even the Ritz LDI does not come fitted with back door switches, though the provision has been made. Strange. I would recommend this small but useful accessory to all Alto and Ritz owners.

Having said that, I am in need of the following accessories for my Alto LXI and I would be grateful for advice in ways to procure these.

1. Day/night mirror – My earlier Matiz had this day-night mirror. It is very useful specially at night when drivers behind you use their headlights.

2. Split rear seat – Very useful to add more space to the cabin and still allow a third person to sit in the car.

3. Hatch door light – It helps to have a light on the hatch door, to view the things stored behind.

4. Hatch door switch – Just as I installed a rear door switch, which would activate the cabin if the rear doors are not closed properly, I would be interested if there is a provision to install a switch that would activate the cabin light if the hatch door is not closed properly.

Many thanks,
Melvyn
Old 16th June 2009, 21:31   #401
Senior - BHPian

^^ That is very strange!!!

My Alto LXi of 2005 has the cabin light switch on all five doors! Don't understand what Maruti is saving off these ~INR50 switches!!!
Old 16th June 2009, 22:00   #402
Senior - BHPian

i too dint know this. in my 2004 alto LX the cabin light comes on even if the bonnet/hatch door/rear doors/front doors are left open.

this is a very important security feature. Hell with maruti to omit these on new altos. cutting down on the boot trims and all was okay but these switches is not at all acceptable.
Old 16th June 2009, 22:41   #403
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
i too dint know this. in my 2004 alto LX the cabin light comes on even if the bonnet/hatch door/rear doors/front doors are left open.

this is a very important security feature. Hell with maruti to omit these on new altos. cutting down on the boot trims and all was okay but these switches is not at all acceptable.
How do I get the Maruti service personnel to install the switches on my LXI bonnet and hatch? When I enquired, the Maruti serive advisors told me that there was no provision to fit a switch on the hatch door of my LXI.

Forget about a Rs 3L Alto, I was shocked to notice the Rs 30 switch missing on the rear doors of my brother-in-law's brand new Rs 5.1L Ritz LDI.

Melvyn
Old 16th June 2009, 22:44   #404
BHPian

Quote:
This is strange, especially since the provision is kept on the Alto LXI’s rear doors for this fitment. And more mysterious is the fact that though the switches cost only Rs 30 apiece, Maruti did not feel it necessary to put them on a Rs 3 lakh LXI.
That's cost-cutting at its best. Now you know how companies bring down their car prices. Just multiply Rs.30 with the number of Altos being sold in the market and then you can understand its implications in a larger perspective.
Old 16th June 2009, 23:06   #405
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by salilpawar1 View Post
That's cost-cutting at its best. Now you know how companies bring down their car prices. Just multiply Rs.30 with the number of Altos being sold in the market and then you can understand its implications in a larger perspective.
Incidentally, I was made to pay Rs 100 as labour charges by the MASS for fitting the switches on the two rear doors, barely a week after after I purchased the LXI.

Who knows, maybe Maruti may start selling the next altos with a single wiper or even a single reverse (white) light, as I have seen in some cars like Logan.

But I hope to get some advice on my queries sent in my earlier post, namely the day-night mirror, possibility of putting/installing a rear split seat (like Vista or Ritz) and a light for the hatch section (similar to a cabin light in front).

Thanks,
Melvyn

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks