Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2009, 16:20   #436
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpa View Post
I once spotted smoked tail lamp assemblies for a whole host of cars in an accessories dealer here in Bangalore. Curious, I asked him and he said that a lot of Honda City owners come to him for these smoked lamps. Aparently, there is a company that manufactures the tail/headlight assemblies with the 'smoked' effect.
Yes there are many after market lamps available in the market with the smoked affect, but why replace the complete tail lamp assembly when a coat of paint will do? This process is also reversible in case you change your mind later.
Old 7th July 2009, 13:01   #437
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxbat View Post
Thanks Harisnayak, can you tell how expensive it would be in terms of numbers? A can of the spray in the US cost $10 = Rs. 480, the problem is that shipping it here will cost another $30 +

I just called Performance Zone in Patel nagar, he is asking Rs.950 to smoke the tail lights! and Rs.200 extra to smoke the tail light on the spoiler
oops Like i told you..hes very expensive. You would get a better deal ( read less than 50% of what he's quoting in karol Bagh ).

I can update you if i find one this weekend , i'll go there and find it out for u
Old 7th July 2009, 14:09   #438
Senior - BHPian

I'm looking for the switches for the fog lamps, rear wiper & defogger that fit into the 3 blank slots next to the hazard lights switch. The foglamp and rear wiper switches were there on the Wagon R. Will they fit the Alto? Anyone know the part numbers?
Old 7th July 2009, 15:20   #439
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishnayak View Post
oops Like i told you..hes very expensive. You would get a better deal ( read less than 50% of what he's quoting in karol Bagh ).

I can update you if i find one this weekend , i'll go there and find it out for u
Would be very grateful if you could, dont want to drive all the way from Gurgaon for nothing
Old 7th July 2009, 16:22   #440
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrolourenco View Post
I'm looking for the switches for the fog lamps, rear wiper & defogger that fit into the 3 blank slots next to the hazard lights switch. The foglamp and rear wiper switches were there on the Wagon R. Will they fit the Alto? Anyone know the part numbers?
Just a thought. Why not buy the alto hazard lights switch (MGA) and color it with a different shade for fogs?
Old 7th July 2009, 17:46   #441
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclops View Post
Just a thought. Why not buy the alto hazard lights switch (MGA) and color it with a different shade for fogs?

But why colour them with a different shade? If I am not mistaken, pedrolourenco has this lovely looking all-red Alto (red body, red bumpers, red door knobs, 50% red seat covers). What better than to have three more "red" switches and place them near the hazard switch? Give me red!
Old 8th July 2009, 01:19   #442
BHPian

Peter its avalaible at the accessory wallahs
Old 8th July 2009, 01:41   #443

About the smoked lights query, Buy a can of Bosny Black, And evenly spray it. And then Buy a Can of bosny clear coat..and spray it on top of it!! It will give u the same effect at Rs.450
Old 8th July 2009, 12:33   #444
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
About the smoked lights query, Buy a can of Bosny Black, And evenly spray it. And then Buy a Can of bosny clear coat..and spray it on top of it!! It will give u the same effect at Rs.450

Where can I get this spray? I asked many accessory shops in Gurgaon but no one knows what I am talking about.

P.S. Is this Bosny Black a spray for tinting the tail lights or just a black can of spray paint?
Old 8th July 2009, 18:39   #445
BHPian

Quote:
P.S. Is this Bosny Black a spray for tinting the tail lights or just a black can of spray paint?
Its a can of black paint spray. Since i found it in Goa albeit by chance, so shouldn't be difficult to find it in Mumbai and Delhi.
Old 8th July 2009, 20:22   #446
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclops View Post
That is the last option if I don't find anything else

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_fonseca View Post
Peter its avalaible at the accessory wallahs
Which one? Impact or Nitin?
Old 8th July 2009, 21:47   #447
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrolourenco View Post
That is the last option if I don't find anything else

Which one? Impact or Nitin?
Try Jimron. I had got mine for the zen from him.
Old 8th July 2009, 22:05   #448
BHPian

Jimron does have a lot of lights and switches,they have recently opened one on the way to colva,another bet would be to try Gharse brothers on old railway station road,am not sure if he has the fancy ones but he does stock good quality wiring and switches and is regularly visited by most of the A.c and truck guys for relays and what not...
Old 9th July 2009, 15:31   #449
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_fonseca View Post
Its a can of black paint spray. Since i found it in Goa albeit by chance, so shouldn't be difficult to find it in Mumbai and Delhi.

If its a can of plain black spray paint wont it make the lights opaque instead of translucent? or is there a special way to apply it? I dont want to remove the lights for painting or apply masking tape.

I was actually looking to find this product:

NITESHADES TAIL LIGHT SPRAY TINT SMOKED HEAD LIGHT LENS:eBay Motors (item 110409061044 end time Jul-29-09 16:13:22 PDT)

or its equivalent in India.
Old 9th July 2009, 23:42   #450
BHPian

Quote:
If its a can of plain black spray paint wont it make the lights opaque instead of translucent? or is there a special way to apply it? I dont want to remove the lights for painting or apply masking tape.

I was actually looking to find this product:

NITESHADES TAIL LIGHT SPRAY TINT SMOKED HEAD LIGHT LENS:eBay Motors (item 110409061044 end time Jul-29-09 16:13:22 PDT)

or its equivalent in India.
Don't know how it works for the tail lamps. Bought it to paint my drums and callipers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks