Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2008, 11:32   #61
Senior - BHPian

@VJ_MAVRICK how much the did the free flow cost you and is their any power difference
Old 20th May 2008, 11:46   #62
Senior - BHPian

@manikjeet:The entire FFE setup costed a nominal 8.5K including the 4X2X1 headers (ceramic coating), Intermediate pipes,muffler and endcan. Its worth every penny and i do find the difference in the performance and its tuned for low and mid rpms. It sounds music to me and it kicks in the 2nd and 3rd gear.
Apparently alto's bonnet setup is such that there is not enough space and this posed quite a problem unlike other hatchbacks, but Jiggy bhai's folks took care of that and i am a very satisfied customer and would recommend viper's FFE and the best part of it is its customised unlike automech.
Old 20th May 2008, 18:27   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaush666 View Post
hey guys please help me gonna do it urgently !
you can get 2nd quality(replica) steering wheels in G.P Road for less , you can also try hi-tech car jewels (mahalingapuram).

or try speed freaks (anna nagar) - he can also get you the original momo steering ..
Old 20th May 2008, 19:46   #64
Senior - BHPian

manikjeet , vj drives an Alto VXI 1.1 and hence please don't expect the same performance outta the 800CC or less LXI version.

Last edited by rjstyles69 : 20th May 2008 at 19:48.
Old 21st May 2008, 09:59   #65
BHPian

@Vj

Hi, I am looking at modding my alto 1.1 in a phased manner, starting with air filters. I know absolutely nothing about what kind of air filters, as in OE replacement or something else. Also, how does the ECU respond wrt to the increased air flow? and what costs do i expect?

next i plan to go for synth oil. which is the brand that strikes the best deal between price and performance?

finally the FFE...i loved what you have done to your vehicle. I was just wondering if the sound is very loud cos i do not want a booming sound on long drives. and would i have to take my car to mumbai to get it fixed? the cars in hosur right now.
Old 21st May 2008, 19:27   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yasw_anth View Post
you can get 2nd quality(replica) steering wheels in G.P Road for less , you can also try hi-tech car jewels (mahalingapuram).

or try speed freaks (anna nagar) - he can also get you the original momo steering ..
Thanks a lot pal..Gonna check it out tomorrow
Old 21st May 2008, 21:36   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VJ_MAVRICK View Post
@manikjeet:The entire FFE setup costed a nominal 8.5K including the 4X2X1 headers (ceramic coating), Intermediate pipes,muffler and endcan. Its worth every penny and i do find the difference in the performance and its tuned for low and mid rpms. It sounds music to me and it kicks in the 2nd and 3rd gear.
Apparently alto's bonnet setup is such that there is not enough space and this posed quite a problem unlike other hatchbacks, but Jiggy bhai's folks took care of that and i am a very satisfied customer and would recommend viper's FFE and the best part of it is its customised unlike automech.
Hey pal did you get the Viper FFE in Bengaluru itself or did you have to go somewhere else?? I too am looking very seriously for one..Pls help

Old 26th May 2008, 12:01   #68
Senior - BHPian

Sorry folks as i was busy could not respond to this thread queries.
@kaush666 : I got it done from Jignesh bhai on one of my trips to Mumbai.
If you are planning in Bangalore, i suppose Psycho is the best and am sure other members who have done it from Bangalore and Chennai can give you pointers on this.

@sai_ice : I have installed the K&N conical filter and the engine breathes better and besides i need not change the filter regularly as in stock. I can feel the difference between stock and this conical filter while on the move.
regarding Synth oil: i havent tried and am planning to change it from regular mineral to synthetic oil in the near future.
FFE is viper's 4x2x1 headers all through the intermediate pipes, ceramic coated headers, muffler and the end can and with the FFE and conical filter it sounds music and its not loud as i tuned it silent which kicks in low and mid rpm's

@ manikjeet: as riju pointed out mine is a vxi 1.1 alto with a 1067 cc engine (apparently ther wagon r's) and its definitely a great ride to me.
Old 27th May 2008, 09:32   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaush666 View Post
Hey pal did you get the Viper FFE in Bengaluru itself or did you have to go somewhere else?? I too am looking very seriously for one..Pls help

Hi Kaushik, you can get your free-flow-exhaust fabricated at Chennai itself - there are quite a few people who can help you out. The foremost is Krupesh Patel, of Electra Automotive (on OMR, 3 to 4 Kms from Tidel-Park, just opposite the HCL building). Electra can also help "kit-up" your Alto with a lot of other stuff like cold-air-intakes, Pedders struts, EBC pads, porting, polishing, & compression-increase. You can also try messaging fellow team-bhp member harmon_bro, he knows his way around & should be able to direct you to the right people.
Old 27th May 2008, 11:14   #70
BHPian

Thanks a lot im_srini and everyone who replied to my thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by im_srini View Post
Hi Kaushik, you can get your free-flow-exhaust fabricated at Chennai itself - there are quite a few people who can help you out. The foremost is Krupesh Patel, of Electra Automotive (on OMR, 3 to 4 Kms from Tidel-Park, just opposite the HCL building). Electra can also help "kit-up" your Alto with a lot of other stuff like cold-air-intakes, Pedders struts, EBC pads, porting, polishing, & compression-increase. You can also try messaging fellow team-bhp member harmon_bro, he knows his way around & should be able to direct you to the right people.
Thanks a lot man . I've already contacted harmon_bro for the details . So Electra Performance is just opposite to HCL heh . Thanks . Didn't know that . And how much did porting and polishing the heads cost ?? Pls let me know and what is compression increase??
Old 27th May 2008, 11:40   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by im_srini View Post
The foremost is Krupesh Patel, of Electra Automotive (on OMR, 3 to 4 Kms from Tidel-Park, just opposite the HCL building).
I had a word with Krupesh who quoted 13K for the full custom kit. 3 days of work and would need the car to fabricate it. Seemed fair with the kind of feedback we have from members.

An interesting fact, I met with another gentleman who mentioned he fabricates the FFE for everyone in chennai. He also seemed reasonable. I have some suspension work pending after which I need to decide.
Old 28th May 2008, 23:55   #72
Senior - BHPian

I did this for all fellow Alto enthusiasts:
Attached Thumbnails
Modding an Alto-bbb3.jpg  

badboyscad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2008, 00:11   #73
BHPian

Awesome badboyscad as usual! Doubt those headlights would be practical for everyday use though.
Old 29th May 2008, 00:32   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_fonseca View Post
Awesome badboyscad as usual! Doubt those headlights would be practical for everyday use though.
Well, in that case, here it is again with clear headlamps.

Modding an Alto-bbb1.jpg

clear headlamps with carbon fibre hood:
Modding an Alto-bbb-cl-hl.jpg

Last edited by badboyscad : 29th May 2008 at 00:41.
Old 29th May 2008, 00:45   #75
Senior - BHPian

hey thats the best alto i have seen in my life. give me the costing of the skirts and bumpers. also tell me what alloys and rubbers are those
also please can u post the rear?

Most Viewed