Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2009, 13:14   #316
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishnayak View Post
Leather seat covers - Rs 3000
they are art leather seat cover not leather seat covers

Spacers for Rear shockers - Rs 350 ( including fitting)
i don't have much idea about the above stuff but after installing spacers to the rear shocks how is the handling, (gurus can confirm this)

I also want to know why people hide their number plate.
as far as you are posting pics of your ride, its not necessary to hide the number.
my question and answer in bold.
Old 16th May 2009, 14:12   #317
Senior - BHPian

@ harish nayak,

Those appolo alloys look awesome. and the rohtang pass seems to be drive through heaven.
The most interesting thing i found on your ride is the FFE endcan. what FFE is it and how did you manage to plonk in the complete bigger end can in such a small place?
we would like to see more pics of the FFE and alloys.
Old 16th May 2009, 16:31   #318
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
how did you manage to plonk in the complete bigger end can in such a small place?
looks like some kind of jugaad has been used/done to fix that end can.

Last edited by karankapoor : 16th May 2009 at 16:33.
Old 16th May 2009, 21:55   #319
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by monty9991 View Post
Rohtang Pass looks like a wonderful place.
well where did you get the FFE and what make is it?
Ya its a beautiful place , nature at its best. I got the FFE from a friend i met on Orkut in Delhi , he's in to modding cars. This FFe i got installed from Connaught Place in Delhi for 4k , i'm not sure which brand it is but the performance and sound is raving ( my wife doesnt like it though)
Old 16th May 2009, 22:40   #320
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karankapoor View Post
looks like some kind of jugaad has been used/done to fix that end can.
There was no Jugaad done in this , i'm very particular about things fitted in my car. Actually the FFE was inclined a bit to adjust it there and it did not need too much of tweaking.

Also to let you know that my car was rear ended in december 2008 after which i changed the alloys and brought it back to 12 inchers with different set of alloys and black bumpers and to add to it my car turned turtle 3 times in March 2009 and is currently in the service station.

Following is the link to the series of events

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...-pics-147.html
Old 16th May 2009, 22:54   #321
Senior - BHPian

How you managed to do all this to you alto, but after all this it looks quiet good back in shape, i don't have much idea about ffe and end can if it was a bolt on end can that its fine if not then you know.
Old 16th May 2009, 23:36   #322
BHPian

fog lamps

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpa View Post
Hi Chetan,

Can you let me know which dealer was this in Bangalore? Am planning on getting one fitted on my car. Funnily enough, wanted this when I bought the car last year, but the dealer offered me a fre teflon coat rather than the lights.

Thanks in advance,
gpa
HI gpa,
I got it fixed at mandovi motors lavelle road,it was exactly a year back,i think it costs around Rs 500 to 700 i am not sure,i had seen the same at junction in jayanagar near the bus stop opp to RV college of physiotherapy,or try in JC road ..hope you find it bye
Old 16th May 2009, 23:38   #323
Senior - BHPian

where did you get your FFE done from? is the end can branded
Old 16th May 2009, 23:52   #324
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
where did you get your FFE done from? is the end can branded
I got this done from a friend i met on Orkut whos into car mods. I'm not sure if its branded or not as i had got it done about 2 years back and did'nt really bother to check. The performance and reliability is good though , he also gave me a guarantee that nothing would happen to the FFE for over a lakh Km and i think he was right , my car crashed after it did 65k kms.
Old 16th May 2009, 23:59   #325
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I got this done from a friend i met on Orkut whos into car mods. I'm not sure if its branded or not as i had got it done about 2 years back and did'nt really bother to check. The performance and reliability is good though , he also gave me a guarantee that nothing would happen to the FFE for over a lakh Km and i think he was right , my car crashed after it did 65k kms.
i saw your accident pics. very sad to see it happened so many times with you. but i feel you were damn lucky with the 3 times rollover. dont know how the structure remained intact.
how was the performance after installing the FFE, was it tuned to lower rpms or mid and high range? i guess it was a loud sounding FFE.
seems you have done long trips on your alto
Old 17th May 2009, 00:20   #326
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
i saw your accident pics. very sad to see it happened so many times with you. but i feel you were damn lucky with the 3 times rollover. dont know how the structure remained intact.
how was the performance after installing the FFE, was it tuned to lower rpms or mid and high range? i guess it was a loud sounding FFE.
seems you have done long trips on your alto
I know even i was surprised to see the condition of the car however the expense are close to 1.5 lakhs. The performance of the car in terms of speed power and mileage increased , I think its was on high range ( not sure though).
It was a loud sounding FFE ( loud enough to pump the adrenaline ) . I've done multiple number of reaaaalll long trips on my alto. Longest was 1350 kms trip of Rajasthan in 2.5 days.
Old 18th May 2009, 19:32   #327
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I know even i was surprised to see the condition of the car however the expense are close to 1.5 lakhs. The performance of the car in terms of speed power and mileage increased , I think its was on high range ( not sure though).
It was a loud sounding FFE ( loud enough to pump the adrenaline ) . I've done multiple number of reaaaalll long trips on my alto. Longest was 1350 kms trip of Rajasthan in 2.5 days.
I may get my car back tomorrow or Day after , i'm not sure if this would be the right place to post the pictures of the series of events that the car went thru right from the accident to reconstruction and then the modification AGAIN ( Phew).

Please suggest
Old 19th May 2009, 11:09   #328
BHPian

Can you please share a pic of how it fits in the bumper? Any brand mentioned on these fog lamps? Though complimentary, do you remember the MRP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetan5678 View Post
i have fog lights fitted in my alto 08 model, it was given as a complimentary accesory when i bought my car,as far i know its not a mgp spare,only advantage is it looks good on the car ,but not good illumination,it fits in the slot given in the bumper.
Old 19th May 2009, 11:29   #329
BHPian

fog lamps

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclops View Post
Can you please share a pic of how it fits in the bumper? Any brand mentioned on these fog lamps? Though complimentary, do you remember the MRP?
Hi Cyclop,
sir right now i dont have a pic,it fits in the bumper where there is a square slot which is stripped,they remove it and fix this with lamps ,about the make its some local make not a known one,its not a good fit it rattles some times tried to fix it many times but no use,of late due to bangalore rains water is entering inside ,it was quoted by the showroom as rs 1000,i think its lot more cheaper outside,but sir please check out the make and decide,all i want to tell its not a mgp,i dont know how mandovi can stock such items ,i got to know about this only after it was fitted.
Old 20th May 2009, 01:53   #330
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetan5678 View Post
Hi Cyclop,
sir right now i dont have a pic,it fits in the bumper where there is a square slot which is stripped,they remove it and fix this with lamps ,about the make its some local make not a known one,its not a good fit it rattles some times tried to fix it many times but no use,of late due to bangalore rains water is entering inside ,it was quoted by the showroom as rs 1000,i think its lot more cheaper outside,but sir please check out the make and decide,all i want to tell its not a mgp,i dont know how mandovi can stock such items ,i got to know about this only after it was fitted.
Hi Chetan , You don't get the fog lamps in the MOSS i've checked atleast 5 of them but to no use. I got them fitted from a local accessory shop for rs 500 around 2 years back and the lights only worked for about 2-3 weeks before conking off , however if you catch hold of a good electrician and a mechanic then they can fix the bulbs issue and the fitting issue nicely.

You'll have to look for them if you really love your car , i'm going to do that once my car is back from the Service station.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks