Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2009, 02:20   #406
BHPian

Split seat would require reworking the existing seat ( adding a metal frame for the 60:40 split)
Cabin light is possible. a simple DIY.
Day-night interior mirror - i think techno has one fitted in his alto.
Old 17th June 2009, 11:47   #407
Senior - BHPian

Get philips 100/90 rally bulbs with realy & ceramic holder:900/-
update the OE Horn with Roots windtone:1000-1200/-
Install OE Left side OVRM:600/-(If you want internal adjustable ORVM from old Zen or Alto 1.1L:both left & Right cost 2400/-)
Remote Tail gate boot opener:185/-

Last edited by Ramsagar : 17th June 2009 at 11:53.
Old 17th June 2009, 18:23   #408
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpandiv View Post
Split seat would require reworking the existing seat ( adding a metal frame for the 60:40 split)
Cabin light is possible. a simple DIY.

How do I get in touch with techno? How can I place an order for this day/night mirror? Please help.

It's strange because I find this day/night interior mirror very useful and though it was installed in my old (outdated) Matiz, the day/night interior mirror is simply not present in an ultra modern and new Maruti Ritz, let alone an Alto LXI. Some more cost-cutting measures, I guess.

Thanks,
Melvyn
Old 17th June 2009, 21:12   #409
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by misquitas View Post
How do I get in touch with techno? How can I place an order for this day/night mirror? Please help.

It's strange because I find this day/night interior mirror very useful and though it was installed in my old (outdated) Matiz, the day/night interior mirror is simply not present in an ultra modern and new Maruti Ritz, let alone an Alto LXI. Some more cost-cutting measures, I guess.

Thanks,
Melvyn
But this is one of the reasons why i went for a Spark over many other in that segment which has all the features which we see in most of the high end cars nowadays.

BTW i own a modded alto too.
Old 18th June 2009, 01:43   #410
BHPian

Quote:
or even a single reverse (white) light, as I have seen in some cars like Logan.
In some cars, the taillamp design doesn't have the facility of having a separate rear fog light (similar to the one found in Swift's rear bumper), so they use one of the reverse lights as a fog light.
Old 18th June 2009, 02:32   #411
Senior - BHPian

Even SX4 has the same set up.
Old 18th June 2009, 16:26   #412
gpa
Senior - BHPian

This is strange. I bought at Alto in last year (May 2008) and it came with switches on all 4 doors. The boot has a switch as well thats connected to the security system but not the cabin light.
Old 18th June 2009, 16:38   #413
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpandiv
NO I dont have a day & night mirror, what I have is a convex mirror with wider view angle. Its a bit tinted so I dont get glares.

@misquitas- Find out the part number for Wagon R's Day & night Mirror & order it from the spares guy. I think its a direct fit as on of my friend has got it similarly.

@gpa- Did you get your car with security system?

My 2005 Alto didnt have any Switch on boot door. There is a smal protrusion on top righ side where a Switch is supposed to be there & thats where I have drilled a fitted a switch for autocop

Last edited by Technocrat : 18th June 2009 at 16:39.
Old 18th June 2009, 17:01   #414
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
@gpa- Did you get your car with security system? My 2005 Alto didnt have any Switch on boot door. There is a smal protrusion on top righ side where a Switch is supposed to be there & thats where I have drilled a fitted a switch for autocop
Yes, I got my car with the MGA security system. In fact, I remember inspecting the car before they put on the accessories and noticed that all 4 doors had the switch connected to the interior light. The guys only drilled a hole to attach a switch to the boot door.

Funny why MUL changes these small things on different batches of its cars.
Old 18th June 2009, 17:48   #415
Senior - BHPian

So its the same as other cars na, i.e. all of Alto's have door light switch only for four doors & not on boot door.
Old 18th June 2009, 17:59   #416
BHPian

Umm you mean all of the current alto's right? My alto does have a boot light switch
Old 18th June 2009, 18:40   #417
Senior - BHPian

Yours is a VX dude we are talking about the stripped down versions of Alto LXi

Btw how do you know it wasnt added later as part of the anti theft?
Old 18th June 2009, 18:56   #418
Senior - BHPian

i think some batches have it and some dont. my alto lx (2004-may )has switches on all 4 doors as well as the hatch door. also the bonnet has the switch. all are connected to the cabin light.
Old 18th June 2009, 20:33   #419
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
i think some batches have it and some dont. my alto lx (2004-may )has switches on all 4 doors as well as the hatch door. also the bonnet has the switch. all are connected to the cabin light.
Alto-gether confusing, isn't it?

* Some Altos reportedly have door light switches on "all 4 doors as well as the hatch door also the bonnet has the switch. all are connected to the cabin light."

* Some Altos reportedly have door light switches on "only for four doors & not on boot door."

* Some Altos (like mine) reportedly have door light switches "only for the front two doors."

And talk about quality control.

Who knows, you might just find some altos without a door light switch on any door!

Melvyn
Old 23rd June 2009, 16:49   #420
Senior - BHPian

This disease was growing under my skin from the time I bought my babe.
Spoke to a doctor booked the appointment for saturday. And my babe was admitted. It almost took 3 grueling hours for the surgery to complete.
I was peeping from the window and anxiously sitting on the bench outside waiting for the surgery to complete.
Finally the RED light outside the operation theater was switched off, hhuhh I was little relived but my inner conscious was pricking of a bad news.
And the doctor arrived from the theater & said the operation was successful. My babe was rolled out with heavy chunks of load on the 4 sides.
The load on the front right side was too heavy to carry but had to leave with it.
Finally my 3 years long disease was cured last week.

I know pics speak a lot than writing,Photography was restricted as this is the secret of their success.
Any guess!!!!

Last edited by Ramsagar : 23rd June 2009 at 16:56.

Most Viewed