Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2009, 17:01   #421
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
This disease was growing under my skin from the time I bought my babe.

Finally my 3 years long disease was cured last week.
Any guess!!!!

Is it something about suspension?

what was the bill for operation room?
Old 23rd June 2009, 20:35   #422
BHPian

Central lock (minus keychain) for Alto

Hi there,

Sorry for the delay in thanking those who sent in suggestions to my queries in my earlier post on accessories for my Alto LXI. I will check out if the Wagon R day-night rear mirror can be fitted on the Alto.

Also, is there any way of installing a central lock, without the use of a keychain that activates-decativates the lock? For example, my sister's Wagon R allows the owner to lock-unlock all doors by simply inserting the key in the driver's door. There is no need for a keychain-operated button to do that.

But when I went to check out the central locking facilities at car spare outlets, almost all told me that I would need to have a keychain-operated buttons that activate-decativate the lock?

Advice in this matter would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 24th June 2009, 08:07   #423
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by misquitas View Post
Hi there,

Sorry for the delay in thanking those who sent in suggestions to my queries in my earlier post on accessories for my Alto LXI. I will check out if the Wagon R day-night rear mirror can be fitted on the Alto.

Also, is there any way of installing a central lock, without the use of a keychain that activates-decativates the lock? For example, my sister's Wagon R allows the owner to lock-unlock all doors by simply inserting the key in the driver's door. There is no need for a keychain-operated button to do that.

But when I went to check out the central locking facilities at car spare outlets, almost all told me that I would need to have a keychain-operated buttons that activate-decativate the lock?

Advice in this matter would be appreciated. Thanks.
This can be done by adding any central locking system to the car.
You can open all the doors simultaneously by unlocking manually from drivers side. But the alarm starts crying.
This works when the ignition is on or when you start the vehicle, with in few seconds all the doors will get locked.
The same happens when the engines is switched-off, all the door will get unlocked.
The same applies when the handbrake is released/unreleased.

Last edited by Ramsagar : 24th June 2009 at 08:11.
Old 24th June 2009, 08:13   #424
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
Is it something about suspension?

what was the bill for operation room?
I've added 4 door power windows with auto winding module.
Old 24th June 2009, 09:49   #425
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I've added 4 door power windows with auto winding module.
hey ram,
its nice addition.
which model? mga or aftermarket? what cost?
Old 24th June 2009, 10:40   #426
Senior - BHPian

how are the Xenos new range products with central locking and power windows? any reviews?
Old 24th June 2009, 12:36   #427
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
hey ram,
its nice addition.
which model? mga or aftermarket? what cost?
Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
how are the Xenos new range products with central locking and power windows? any reviews?
I've gone for AUTOCOP.Though they are few hundereds expensive than others.They damaged my pocket for about 11k(including upmodule)
They are very reliable in terms of service & support very city & town.
guys will be there @ your door step the moment you call them.

Amit:no idea about the new ones.
I don't want to take risk of glasses not getting rolled up in down pouring rains & on hot sunny days.
Heard of many horror stories of aftermarket ones,where you can't roll up the glasses during parking and there is no service to attend to your problem.
So i blindly opted for AUTOCOP,never had any of it.

Last edited by Ramsagar : 24th June 2009 at 12:43.
Old 24th June 2009, 12:54   #428
Senior - BHPian

Thats nice I too got front only PWs last year. Its really helpful especially during rains
Old 24th June 2009, 13:03   #429
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Thats nice I too got front only PWs last year. Its really helpful especially during rains
I use to get envy of looking at people who roll down their glasses with touch of a button.
Since then pwr windows bug had bit me so hard to wait for 3 years to come,its only due to vit-m deficinacy

Only mods lined up FFE & CAI.
Old 24th June 2009, 23:27   #430
BHPian

Quote:
I use to get envy of looking at people who roll down their glasses with touch of a button.
Since then pwr windows bug had bit me so hard to wait for 3 years to come,its only due to vit-m deficinacy

Only mods lined up FFE & CAI.
Ironically, I have NEVER fancied powered windows in my cars, especially due to one particular incident on my dad's Tata Estate. A few years ago, his car suddenly stopped in the middle of the Mapusa-Panjim road (for those familiar with Goa's topography) and refused to start. Since he had powered windows, he could do nothing to "wind up" the windows. As a result, he chose to sit in the car for almost 2 hours (rather than allowing someone enter his car in his absence and tamper with the vehicle), till the Tata service vehicle came and attended to the fault. Apparently, a wire had snapped off from the battery section, disabling the powered windows and other electrically-powered gadgets. If he had had manual windows, he simply could have wound them up, locked the car and taken a bus to his destination. Luckily, this incident did not take place during the monsoons or the consequences (water entering the cabin) could have been worse.

Due to this episode, I have vowed to avoid all power-windowed cars and there is no way that I would even consider installing powered-windows as an aftermarket fitment on my Alto LXI.

But these are my views and I understand the growing preference towards powered-windows due to the convenience attached to the facility.
Old 25th June 2009, 02:47   #431
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by misquitas View Post
Ironically, . Luckily, this incident did not take place during the monsoons or the consequences (water entering the cabin) could have been worse.
I guess the windows would have been rolled if it was raining. This is just on a lighter note .

Last edited by Technocrat : 25th June 2009 at 11:51. Reason: fixed quote
Old 28th June 2009, 22:42   #432
BHPian

Can anybody suggest a painter in Gurgaon who can smoke the tail lamps of my Alto? or a place where I can get the spray can that does the same job? I asked a few painters in Sector-14, Gurgaon but they had no idea what I was talking about.

P.S. I would have posted this query in the smoked headlights / tail lights thread but its been closed for ages!
Old 2nd July 2009, 10:58   #433
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxbat View Post
Can anybody suggest a painter in Gurgaon who can smoke the tail lamps of my Alto? or a place where I can get the spray can that does the same job? I asked a few painters in Sector-14, Gurgaon but they had no idea what I was talking about.

P.S. I would have posted this query in the smoked headlights / tail lights thread but its been closed for ages!
I dont know about Gurgaon but you can go to Auto ZOne in Patel Nagar and they would be able to help you in this. He's expensive though.
Old 2nd July 2009, 13:26   #434
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishnayak View Post
I dont know about Gurgaon but you can go to Auto ZOne in Patel Nagar and they would be able to help you in this. He's expensive though.

Thanks Harisnayak, can you tell how expensive it would be in terms of numbers? A can of the spray in the US cost $10 = Rs. 480, the problem is that shipping it here will cost another $30 +

I just called Performance Zone in Patel nagar, he is asking Rs.950 to smoke the tail lights! and Rs.200 extra to smoke the tail light on the spoiler

Last edited by Technocrat : 2nd July 2009 at 14:34.
Old 2nd July 2009, 14:07   #435
gpa
Senior - BHPian

I once spotted smoked tail lamp assemblies for a whole host of cars in an accessories dealer here in Bangalore. Curious, I asked him and he said that a lot of Honda City owners come to him for these smoked lamps. Aparently, there is a company that manufactures the tail/headlight assemblies with the 'smoked' effect.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks