Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2009, 02:18   #451
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxbat View Post
Would be very grateful if you could, dont want to drive all the way from Gurgaon for nothing
Am so sorry dude..cudnt go to karol bagh to find this for you although i had the plans. Real busy with work due to which am not able to continue my travelogue too.. Do visit my travelogue sometime to understand my love for cars ( and people who love cars ) and travelling . I did Delhi - Karnataka-Delhi on My spark

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...lhi-spark.html

I'll definatel y let you know the prices etc if i manage it this week

Last edited by Technocrat : 17th July 2009 at 12:09. Reason: only two smilies per post allowed, thanks
Old 12th July 2009, 09:23   #452
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishnayak View Post

Am so sorry dude..cudnt go to karol bagh to find this for you although i had the plans. Real busy with work due to which am not able to continue my travelogue too.. Do visit my travelogue sometime to understand my love for cars ( and people who love cars ) and travelling . I did Delhi - Karnataka-Delhi on My spark

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...lhi-spark.html

I'll definatel y let you know the prices etc if i manage it this week
No Problem Harish I am bit busy too these days, so wouldnt have had time this weekend anyways.
Old 16th July 2009, 21:59   #453
BHPian

I need boot lights,red LED like door lights on all four doors,lights focused to illuminate the car's front and back carpet areas-like my BMW.
I have Alto Lxi 2005 January Model with only cabin light switch on front doors.
Any idea where I can get the fittings in Kolkata?
Old 10th August 2009, 19:24   #454
Senior - BHPian

led eyelids

just a small effort to add a bling to the headlights. was damn bored so did a small DIY. led EYELIDS. they look cool in eve with just the park light on
Attached Thumbnails
Modding an Alto-sdc11629.jpg  

Modding an Alto-sdc11634.jpg  

Modding an Alto-sdc11635.jpg  

Old 10th August 2009, 19:41   #455
Senior - BHPian

Hmm I saw a couple of cars in our area with this mod, looks cool. Where did you get the strip from? Details please
Old 10th August 2009, 20:37   #456
Senior - BHPian

i had been to the electronics galli near dagdusheth for some ganpati decorations. there is saw long strips of LED on display. asked the guy whether this can be made waterproof. he got ones from the manufacturer.
rate = Rs 550 per meter. so i had to pay for half the meter, 25cms on each side.
after coming home i cut the strip into 2 parts, cutting provision for every 3 bulbs slot. then i soldered 2 wired to the + and - points. now i have 15 leds on each side.
had a glue stick. melted it and sealed the ends so that they are waterproof. also there is a 3M tape for sticking behind the led strips. however i also put some feviquick to be on safer side.

it took half an hour or so to do the wiring @ home. got a new wire stripper and a meter of wire and got on the duty.

connected both the strips to the parking light wires. now with parking light on these strips glow up.

I have seen a similar, but low in quality led strips @ modern car accessories and nana peth, selling at weird prices @ 600-800 rs.
Old 11th August 2009, 10:27   #457
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Amit,

That's a really cool DIY man! I love the way the lights change the whole front facade of the car. Am keen to try this out as well. The only problem would be to source these here in BLR.

These LEDs will be on top of my list at my next scavenger hunt on JC Road.

Cheers,
gpa

Last edited by gpa : 11th August 2009 at 10:30. Reason: more info added
Old 11th August 2009, 10:52   #458
Senior - BHPian

my inspiration was a pakistani alto showcased on cardomain website. if you see his alto no where our altos stand.
Old 11th August 2009, 13:56   #459
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
my inspiration was a pakistani alto showcased on cardomain website. if you see his alto no where our altos stand.
Why dont you post the link to this pak alto.
Old 11th August 2009, 19:59   #460
Senior - BHPian

Someday The Best In Its Race.. =) My Ride, My Friend. E> Tuning <3 - gquil, EC

p.s. ignore the body kit
Old 12th August 2009, 16:27   #461
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
i had been to the electronics galli near dagdusheth for some ganpati decorations. there is saw long strips of LED on display. asked the guy whether this can be made waterproof. he got ones from the manufacturer.
rate = Rs 550 per meter. so i had to pay for half the meter, 25cms on each side.
after coming home i cut the strip into 2 parts, cutting provision for every 3 bulbs slot. then i soldered 2 wired to the + and - points. now i have 15 leds on each side.
had a glue stick. melted it and sealed the ends so that they are waterproof. also there is a 3M tape for sticking behind the led strips. however i also put some feviquick to be on safer side.

it took half an hour or so to do the wiring @ home. got a new wire stripper and a meter of wire and got on the duty.

connected both the strips to the parking light wires. now with parking light on these strips glow up.

I have seen a similar, but low in quality led strips @ modern car accessories and nana peth, selling at weird prices @ 600-800 rs.
Hay amit,

Nice DIY Bhai. Your alto looks stunnig with those LEDs. Even I checked that LED strip at Mysore, cost Rs 800 per meter. Happy to see your steel rings intact
Old 12th August 2009, 19:31   #462
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImranShahnawaz View Post
Hay amit,

Nice DIY Bhai. Your alto looks stunnig with those LEDs. Even I checked that LED strip at Mysore, cost Rs 800 per meter. Happy to see your steel rings intact
yes thanks, they are intact, after all you have sent them
800rs per meter is a bit costly. the auto accessories shop have black with small leds strip and they sell at any random cost.
Old 28th August 2009, 23:23   #463
BHPian

I happened to fit a Xenos cigarette lighter/power supply on my Alto LXI this afternoon. This is basically to enable me charge my Nokia phone on the move.

I paid Rs 200 for the gadget and it was installed free. It took only a few minutes for the mechanic to locate the wires behind the slot for the charger and fit it in. The mechanic then informed me that he did not need to cut any wires to fit the charger since the wire joints were ready-to-use for the charger.

What I fail to understand is that if I pay little over Rs 3 Lakh for a car, why can't MUL simply factory fit a Rs 300 charger for free in the first place. My same query was towards the safety door switches on the read doors. I had to pay Rs 30 apiece (plus Rs 100 as labour charges) to fit the two switches (the slots are already provided) in the two rear doors so that the cabin light illuminates if these doors are not closed properly.

MUL should consider installing these relatively inexpensive gadgets for free. Or at least, they should include it in the FREE accessories when a customer purchares a new Alto.

Melvyn
Old 30th August 2009, 20:04   #464
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Melvyn,

MUL does adopt strange cost cutting measure for sure. When I bought my Alto, all four doors had a switch connected to the cabin light. They stopped installing that on a few batches. As for the cigarette lighter, I think they could as well provide it as an add on choice of accessory at the time of taking delivery.

A customer could chose between say a perfume or the charger.
Old 30th August 2009, 20:53   #465
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpa View Post
Melvyn,

MUL does adopt strange cost cutting measure for sure. When I bought my Alto, all four doors had a switch connected to the cabin light. They stopped installing that on a few batches. As for the cigarette lighter, I think they could as well provide it as an add on choice of accessory at the time of taking delivery.

A customer could chose between say a perfume or the charger.
I own an Alto VXI 2002 model. There is a huge quality difference with the current Alto and the old one. The old one is far better than the current model.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks