Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2008, 09:14   #181
Senior - BHPian

riju: I am planning in the future for a full body "kit up " in about some time which is towards the year end. Since around 8 months back spent a bit on my FFE, ICE upgrade(marginal),CAI and so am keeping mum as of now
Old 29th July 2008, 23:26   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by monty9991 View Post
hi guys,
as promised here are the pictures of the pipercorss venom kit CAI installed in my ALTO.
it wasent that hard to fit it as most of the attachments were along with the kit.
we used the stock pipe which is attached to the T.B. and MAS. we drilled a hole in it for the breather pipe.

the steel pipe being cut is used for the the support to the both the rubber hoses . ( stock filter pipe and pipercross rubber attachment) .

no thing looks fishy or jughad. no modifications done on the car, no removal of the battry everything is in its place.
if i want to get the stock filter in then i just need to but the rubber hose which we modifed, thats it and you are done with your stock settings.
really impressive work done by my tuner.
the time taken to install was not more than an 1.5hr

performace :-
you feel it as soon as you pep down the accelator peddal. you fell it being lighter than before. what i noticed was i dint need to shift again and again in the city traffic, which gives easy city driving. if you cruise on 70 on 5th gear, its really smooth. but smooth all the wasy as well. works good on a/c and pretty easy on a/c as well.

Sound:
youll notice little groving sound inside when driven little harsh. but you a good grunt sound when you have acc. peddal on the ground.

kmpl:
will update when i get my tank full next time. as the work was done today only and i got my tank full recently, ( just an hour before the petrol price hike )
I want to install this in my Alto kindly tell me where i can find this in Delhi. Who will install it??? what will be the cost

Modding an Alto-moto_0022.jpg[IMG]file:///H:/My%20Dream%20My%20Car%20My%20Alto/moto_0022.jpg[/IMG]
Old 4th August 2008, 13:18   #183
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashok_lat View Post
I want to install this in my Alto kindly tell me where i can find this in Delhi. Who will install it??? what will be the cost
you get get it done at Performance Zone,in delhi Phone: 9873984765

Last edited by monty9991 : 4th August 2008 at 13:20.
Old 10th August 2008, 21:57   #184
BANNED

hi guys... is there any one around who is selling USED FFE of automech? and how much is will be for if i go for porting and polishing on my 0.8L 3 cly ALTO.
Old 19th August 2008, 22:19   #185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by monty9991 View Post
you get get it done at Performance Zone,in delhi Phone: 9873984765
Went to performance zone today. Enquired about Piper Cross Filters and installation. They told me about 9800 for Piper cross and 700 Rs/Iridium plug..
Checked with Bharat Car in Delhi they have told me 18000(aprox) for K&N with Cold air intake, Iridium plug and Auto mech Free flow exhaust. Will be going to check it by tomorrow. Any suggestions from any TeamBhpians????
Old 20th August 2008, 10:40   #186
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Went to performance zone today. Enquired about Piper Cross Filters and installation. They told me about 9800 for Piper cross and 700 Rs/Iridium plug..
Checked with Bharat Car in Delhi they have told me 18000(aprox) for K&N with Cold air intake, Iridium plug and Auto mech Free flow exhaust. Will be going to check it by tomorrow. Any suggestions from any TeamBhpians????
So how is the 18K split for three upgrades you mentioned above? To me FFE should not cost more than 7K to 9K (Headers+expansion chamber+intermediate pipes+muffler+endcan)for a 3 cylinder vehicle and around 3.5K to 4K for the CAI. And another thing is you cannot customize the automech FFE for low and mid rpm i believe as its designed for high end rpm's. Check with other Alto 3 cylinder ride owners who might have had the upgrades you are targeting.

Are those automech headers 3x2x1 or 3x1 and to my knowledge they don't get you a 3x2x1 setup and they insist on 3x1 alone. Do find out the same.

Pm these guys and they might be of help:
1.speedzak(he might be of immense help)
2.xinome
3.im_srini
4.badboyscad and most recently
5.amit_mechengg was planning out.(i doubt he had done ,but can still find out)
Oh Damn me yea ! KnightRider too has it in his ride.
cheers:

Last edited by VJ_MAVRICK : 20th August 2008 at 11:00.
Old 20th August 2008, 10:45   #187
BHPian

@Ashok Lat, Do you have the .8ltr version, I have one too with Complete free flow, k&N conical filter, and Iridium spark plugs and stuff. My advise is based on my experience

Dont spend so much of money, Just go for the Free Flow only and if you are really particular maybe the Replacement filter, K&N wont make a big diff as it is a small Mill.

I have not experienced any huge diff by using the Iridium Spark plugs, And try to get seperate quotes for each component, Rest all depends on how much you want to spend

Best of luck
Old 20th August 2008, 10:51   #188
Senior - BHPian

ashok lat, why dont u go in for the Green Storm (rated for cars upto 100hp) with the dynamization kit (cold air intake pipe). Should cost you about Rs.3800 and Rs.1750 respectively. And honestly speaking, any filter bigger than that would not solve any purpose on an Alto.
Old 20th August 2008, 14:46   #189
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by autopsyche View Post
ashok lat, why dont u go in for the Green Storm (rated for cars upto 100hp) with the dynamization kit (cold air intake pipe). Should cost you about Rs.3800 and Rs.1750 respectively. And honestly speaking, any filter bigger than that would not solve any purpose on an Alto.

but i found a huge diference after i installed pipercross CAI in my 0.8L alto.
Old 20th August 2008, 22:42   #190
BHPian

I have installed all the three things as i mentioned.

1. Iridium Spark plugs (2.4K)
2. K&N Filter(6.5K Incl Installation
3. Auto Mech Freeflow exhaust(8.5K) .

I have noticed change in sound(to be very honest i didnt like the sound as i want a silent car with good performance) the guy told that you cannot reduce the sound of the Car. But there is a considerable increase in the AC Cooling efficiency. I cannot notice considerable increase in performance(Is it waste of money...???). The free flow has not installed correctly (will go back tomorrow and check it as gas is leaking and making strange sound). It was getting late 8 Pm so may be thats why....! I have to check it out tomorrow.. But in the meantime can any one suggest me how can i reduce the sound(need smooth and silent).

Modding an Alto-moto_0044.jpg

Modding an Alto-moto_0045.jpg

Modding an Alto-moto_0046.jpg
Old 21st August 2008, 00:08   #191
Senior - BHPian

automech FFE ? i had got an quote of 5.5 k . 8.5 is too high. if its a SS headers and exhausts then its right.
Old 21st August 2008, 00:46   #192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
automech FFE ? i had got an quote of 5.5 k . 8.5 is too high. if its a SS headers and exhausts then its right.
Its SS header and exhaust.. header i have not shown in Picture
Old 21st August 2008, 01:00   #193
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Its SS header and exhaust.. header i have not shown in Picture
ooh then the price is ok.how much diff did u find in performance after the ffe setup
Old 21st August 2008, 11:06   #194
BHPian

@Ashok Lat, You need to ask the guy to stuff glass wool inside the muffler as much as possible, Try getting a straight pipe instead of the End can.

These should reduce the sound a bit.

Best of luck
Old 21st August 2008, 13:21   #195
BANNED

congrates on ur new setup. do u mind posting the pics of SS header plz. and what is the inner diameter of the exhaust pipe?

Last edited by monty9991 : 21st August 2008 at 13:27.

Most Viewed