Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2008, 19:21   #196
BHPian

I have done the little bit of work which was pending yesterday.. Went to a local mechanic and showed him the problem.

The disappointing part is that the Filter fell in between the bonnet because of loose fitment and caused some damage to the end rubber part and bit of scraches in filter too.. But the mechanic told me that there is no problem with the filter. He redone it and the exhaust pipe also.
Old 21st August 2008, 20:33   #197
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashok_lat View Post
I have done the little bit of work which was pending yesterday.. Went to a local mechanic and showed him the problem.

The disappointing part is that the Filter fell in between the bonnet because of loose fitment and caused some damage to the end rubber part and bit of scraches in filter too.. But the mechanic told me that there is no problem with the filter. He redone it and the exhaust pipe also.
if the person from whom u got the K&N is good with you, then maybe he can replace it free of cost. K&N have life time warranty. almost same thing had happened with me. he said he will manage and he replaced the filter.
Old 21st August 2008, 21:48   #198
Senior - BHPian

@ashok_lat: please post the address of the shops that you got the k&N and automech ffe from and also post a price breakup of the entire job.
Old 21st August 2008, 22:23   #199
BHPian

Test Ride

Now i have test driven my Alto

The first one to drive after the Modification is the Local Mechanic(He is seeing this for the first time and didnt had any knowledge abt this, But his work was very good).. His reaction was ........

WOOOWWWWWWW.... Rides like Honda City....

The mechanic before 1 week when i asked about this he was telling "dont go for this it is simply waste of money" was amused about the performance. and has taken only 100 Rs for fixing the Exhaust which is not fitted correctly.. There was a clutch problem in my car that also he has corrected... He was telling me that this will increase mileage also.

Its my turn now....

It is simply superb... Man i was thinking yesterday that "have i gone mad...?? why should i waste 18 K for 3 Lac Alto" But the expense worth it.. It is simply superb...

It pulls of very quickly.. and feels there is increase of atleast 10BHP. It has a very good torque.

Now i put on the AC even though the power is very good..and my goodness the AC even chills me even if the blower is in Level '1'...

But i still feel the sound is a problem... (as it is not as smooth as Honda City) But he told me that ride for some more time if i can adjust with this it is ok or he can make it less noisy.
Old 21st August 2008, 23:27   #200
Senior - BHPian

gud that you are liking the performance of the car. but believe me cooling of AC has nothing to do with the K&N filter and the exhaust. and the intake growl noise will always there. it feels nice to hear that sound
Old 21st August 2008, 23:29   #201
BANNED

Quote:
Now i have test driven my Alto

The first one to drive after the Modification is the Local Mechanic(He is seeing this for the first time and didnt had any knowledge abt this, But his .............if i can adjust with this it is ok or he can make it less noisy.
ok .. koool, thats really nice to read ur reviews after the test drive.
now again, wts the diameter of the exhaust pipe, is the header 3-2-1 or 3-1 ?
thanks
Old 21st August 2008, 23:37   #202
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by monty9991 View Post
ok .. koool, thats really nice to read ur reviews after the test drive.
now again, wts the diameter of the exhaust pipe, is the header 3-2-1 or 3-1 ?
thanks
automech only has 3-1 headers.
Old 22nd August 2008, 00:39   #203
BHPian

Its 3-1 Header only.. Let me see i can get the pic by pomorrow
Old 22nd August 2008, 11:02   #204
BANNED

oh.... is ther anyother FFE manufacturer who make 3-2-1 ?
and waiting for the pics @ ashok
Old 22nd August 2008, 12:25   #205
BHPian

Hi ashok_lat, a very neat install - I too had a consistent issue with the filter falling off (it would do so every 10 days) I finally solved the problem with a bit of double-sided tape. I'm unsatisfied with my current air-filter location & 'am thinking of getting something fabricated in aluminum.

N1 Engineering, in Mumbai, is a good place to source performance parts for your Alto. A small shopping list...

0. Camshaft - Stock camshaft can be reprofiled by Piper Cams. The stock Alto camshaft (for the F10D motor) is around 2.5K, the price for reprofiling it is around 19K.

1. Stainless Steel Exhaust - N1 can fabricate a complete stainless steel exhaust for you, according to your specifications. The headers are around 10.5K, stainless steel intermediate pipes & mid-muffler are around 8.5K. A MagnaFlow endcan will set you back by another 6K.

2. Flywheel - You can lighten it for around 1K, the stock flywheel itself is 0.8K.

3. Crankshaft - You can lighten it for around 4K.

4. EBC pads - You can get these from Electra Performance, in Chennai. The green-stuff front pads for the Alto cost around 5K.

Electra can also help you with porting & polishing, compression increase, Pedders struts, etc. for your Alto.

Other things you can consider for your Alto, the RD ECU, a turbo, or the ultimate mod - a big-engine transplant !
Old 22nd August 2008, 13:26   #206
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have installed all the three things as i mentioned.

2. K&N Filter(6.5K Incl Installation
What is this man? Airfilter for 6.5K .

Is it some other or special filter from K&N? As per my info it is available well below 3K and can be installed by self with any problem. Please clarify.
Old 22nd August 2008, 13:55   #207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujmishra View Post
What is this man? Airfilter for 6.5K .

Is it some other or special filter from K&N? As per my info it is available well below 3K and can be installed by self with any problem. Please clarify.
May be that is K&N Stock filter.. That costs Rs. 2800 For Alto
Old 23rd August 2008, 13:56   #208
BHPian

Quote:
oh.... is ther anyother FFE manufacturer who make 3-2-1 ?
and waiting for the pics @ ashok
I am posting the pics

Modding an Alto-moto_0048.jpg

Modding an Alto-moto_0049.jpg
Old 23rd August 2008, 13:59   #209
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by im_srini View Post
Hi ashok_lat, a very neat install - I too had a consistent issue with the filter falling off (it would do so every 10 days) I finally solved the problem with a bit of double-sided tape. I'm unsatisfied with my current air-filter...................., a turbo, or the ultimate mod - a big-engine transplant !
this is really nice info for the Alto ppl. BTW is there any 0.8 L alto with Turbo in India ? and what are the benifits for RD thing?
Old 23rd August 2008, 14:32   #210
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
BTW is there any 0.8 L alto with Turbo in India ? and what are the benifits for RD thing?
i ve been wondering about the same. can it be done (at chennai or bangalore)? i mean a turbo job on a 0.8 L Alto?? and is there a RD ECU for the 0.8L alto?

Last edited by badboyscad : 23rd August 2008 at 14:36.

Most Viewed