Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2008, 14:14   #61
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

I have a question on the XD3 Engine. The army versions and the first versions that came on the Armada Grand make 75 BHP, but the one of the Bolero makew 68 bhp.

Does anyone know what is different between the Army XD3 and the Bolero XD3?

Since this engine has not ECU, I am thinking it is an adjustment on the fuel pump? If I remember correctly, this engine was derated to improve milage. I would like to bump it back up to 75 BHP.
Old 7th April 2008, 17:43   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

Going back to our discussion on the wheel/tyre options for the MM540. It seems like there are no 16 inch options since the OEM 16 inch rim unless it is for the Army version is 4.5 inches which is too narrow to install anything other than the OEM Tires. So if you want taller/wider tires the only options seems to be to mount 31x10.5R15 on gypsy rims. Does anyone know if the PCD of the Army 16 inch rims are 160 which is the same as Bolero/scropio or 139.7 which is the PCD on the MM540 and Gypsy.
Old 7th April 2008, 17:49   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Going back to our discussion on the wheel/tyre options for the MM540. It seems like there are no 16 inch options since the OEM 16 inch rim unless it is for the Army version is 4.5 inches which is too narrow to install anything other than the OEM Tires. So if you want taller/wider tires the only options seems to be to mount 31x10.5R15 on gypsy rims. Does anyone know if the PCD of the Army 16 inch rims are 160 which is the same as Bolero/scropio or 139.7 which is the PCD on the MM540 and Gypsy.
I think there are same..you could countercheck with somebody else too..
Old 8th April 2008, 11:14   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Does anyone know if the PCD of the Army 16 inch rims are 160 which is the same as Bolero/scropio or 139.7 which is the PCD on the MM540 and Gypsy.
PCD of Army 16 inch rims are same as MM540 and Gypsy. On this Saturday I was in Delhi and I was asked Rs. 2000 per rim. I found it too expensive so I have decided to opt Gypsy rim and than the saved money spend to buy nice 235 75 R15 tyres. I have seen BF Goodyear All Tarrain T/A tyres. Can somebody please advice me how are these tyres and how much do they cost. Also any suggestion on other make/model of the tyres and their cost (only A/T type).
Old 8th April 2008, 11:56   #65
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertKing View Post
PCD of Army 16 inch rims are same as MM540 and Gypsy.
Thanks. this is good to know.

Quote:
I found it too expensive so I have decided to opt Gypsy rim and than the saved money spend to buy nice 235 75 R15 tyres. I have seen BF Goodyear All Tarrain T/A tyres. Can somebody please advice me how are these tyres and how much do they cost. Also any suggestion on other make/model of the tyres and their cost (only A/T type).
Another benefit of 15 inch gypsy rims is that you get more off-road/All Terrain tire choices than on 16 inch.

BF Goodrich All Terrain TKOs are great All Terrain Tires. The place I ordered by tires when i was in the USA is Tire Rack - Your performance experts for tires and wheels. They don't deliver here, but you can actually see the ratings for tires in different conditions and also compare different tires:

Compare Tire Search Results
Old 8th April 2008, 14:36   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
PCD of Army 16 inch rims are same as MM540 and Gypsy.

I have seen BF Goodyear All Tarrain T/A tyres.
Good AT tyres are Michelin, BF-G, Wrangler etc to name a few.. The prices of all are similar i.e around 5 - 6K per tyre depending on the actual size and make.

It is important for you to splurge on a good set of tyres as they will make your off road experience a good one..

Quote:
Thanks. this is good to know.

Another benefit of 15 inch gypsy rims is that you get more off-road/All Terrain tire choices than on 16 inch.
Not necessarily, you get good choices with 16 inch tyres too.. Importance is to the kind of terrain one is inclined to do most of the time. Check your tyres based on that!!
Old 8th April 2008, 15:25   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinod_nookala View Post
Hello desert king,
5. Get yourself a good winch if budget permits. Plonk in an A/c as this is your every day car. But i doubt if engine will have enough power to pull strongly with 4.27 ratio with A/c on.
Thanks Vinod. I am following almost all the tips you have given me so far.

I need to knwo from where I can find a winch. Advice if the manual winch is of any use. I would also like to know more about the hydrolic winch. Can one fit into MM540. How much does a electrial winch cost and can one find the same in India. I tried a bit in the Delhi market but I could only find a manual winch (very ugly) and heard that I can even get a hydrolic winch also. Also need to know what shoudl be capacity of the winch.

THANKS A LOT TO ALL...
Old 8th April 2008, 20:42   #68
Senior - BHPian

Get the electric winch that Arka ,jyobeb and a few others have.
Old 9th April 2008, 13:44   #69
BHPian

Thanks Nitrous.. but I know that the imported one are very expensive (more than 25K). Since my jeep is going to have a power streering, I think I can go for the hydroric one. Or i would like to go with the advice of Mr. Udai Bhan Singh (a real jeep enthasist from Calcutta) to search for a manual one. Can somebody please advice me where can I find one.
Old 9th April 2008, 18:08   #70
BHPian

Hi, which vehicle is this. Is it Jeep CJ3?? I like the front look of it too much which is quite similar to the MM540. Does anybody have idea about the black portion on the bonnet (on which JEEP is writen); it is made out of what... iron, plastic or regzin sort of thing. I might try to have something similar on my dream machine (many of you might not be intrested in this kind of fancy stuff (perhaps funny) but I am quite concerns on the look and appeal too.

I am also thinking to have 1 inch to 2 inch bigger headlamps. I welcome suggestion on this too. Also wish to know which halozen bulb can I use (of how much watt I mean). I do not want to fit any extra lights (or perhaps to small ones to use as fog lamps) which means the head lamps should be bright enought for night drives.

Thanks you all.
Attached Thumbnails
Converting a MM540 into my Dream..-green23.jpg  

Old 12th April 2008, 21:55   #71
BHPian

That is an American Kaiser.
Old 15th April 2008, 18:31   #72
BHPian

I have to source for the original back lights of Jeep CJ serious or the one which has quite similar look. I have been twice to Delhi (12 hrs far from my town) to have this kind of back lights but badly disappointed . I have visited there the Kashmiri Gate and surrounding area + Mayapuri.

NEED ALL "JEEP LOVERS" HELP TO SOURCE SIMILAR LIGHTS FOR ME . Attached below are the pic for ready reference.
Attached Thumbnails
Converting a MM540 into my Dream..-backlights.jpg  

Old 18th April 2008, 11:25   #73
BHPian

From a PM from GTO, he adviced me to buy them on ebay.com. This small advice worked. I had to involve one of my US freinds and hopefully these tail light would be here within the next 2 weeks. Thank you GTO. cheers:
Old 10th December 2008, 15:21   #74
BHPian

........ AND AFTER 8 MONTHS. Check out the below threat to see the output of this project.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-of...m-machine.html
Old 28th January 2010, 18:08   #75
BHPian

Quote:
The NGT20 came with the Borg Warner manual T-Case, so I am buying it with the T-Case for 65,000 Rupees including the T-case. Abhishek actually ordered it for a DI engine. The Bell Housing he has is for the DI Turbo engine. He needs to order a separate one for the XD3 engine which will run about 10K for the bell housing.

My existing KMT90 gear box and T-18 is going to a friend in Nagercoil who needs to replace the one on his MM540.

Need to figure out what I will do with the XDP engine. The engine chap offered me only 10,000 for the engine so I thought I will just hold on to it rather than sell it for 10,000 Rupees.
if you want to sell the engine then call me

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks