Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2008, 12:49   #1
BHPian

Connecting Digital Speedo to Swift

Dear ALL

Request you to let me know if i can connect a Digital speedo to my Swift, Basicaly i need to know which wire sends signals to the digital speedo.

Regards
Tabrez
Old 4th April 2008, 17:25   #2
Senior - BHPian

Do u mean digital speedo as in the civic??
If your normal speedo is the electronic type, can't the signal be taken from there??
Old 4th April 2008, 19:19   #3
Senior - BHPian

IF you are looking at adding additional Speedo, then you might be able to get signals from OBD II port and attach OBD reader that displays RPM/Speed.
Old 8th April 2008, 13:05   #4
BHPian

Frankly speak i have got a HUD display, in that there is a wire which has to go to the Speedo. And mine is Swift,

Any technical experts comments on this ?
Old 16th April 2008, 12:03   #5
BHPian

the OBD on the swift and most of the suzuki's really suck!!
I think the baleno is the only exception..
so OBD option is out....

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
IF you are looking at adding additional Speedo, then you might be able to get signals from OBD II port and attach OBD reader that displays RPM/Speed.
Old 16th April 2008, 12:29   #6
Senior - BHPian

hey tabrez02 do mean speedo or rev counter [tachometer] if it a tach than you can get the input from the original tach input, for the speedo there has to be electronic speedo in the first place as oem then you can connect to that wiring itself. or you will have to get the sensors and other associated components from the place you got the unit. or make one .
Old 16th April 2008, 12:54   #7
BANNED

I've seen some Swifts with electronic speedos fitted. And they all were working fine. Maybe they aren't accurate to the core.
Get in touch with Viper! I've seen him helping out another bhpian fit one in his Swift.
You can also get help from V16. He has one in his Swift too.
Old 16th April 2008, 13:16   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by babhishek View Post
the OBD on the swift and most of the suzuki's really suck!!
I think the baleno is the only exception..
I don't have first hand experience with OBD, but its supposed to be a requirement for any card to be sold in EU. So its strange that Suzuki will not implement it properly in swift.
Old 16th April 2008, 13:16   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
You can also get help from V16. He has one in his Swift too.
Zak - He has a digital tacho not a speedo.
Old 16th April 2008, 16:16   #10
Senior - BHPian

For speed reading one will need senors on the wheels or the drive shaft, nothing with OBD, unless the car is equipped with ABS.
Old 16th April 2008, 17:57   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinar View Post
For speed reading one will need senors on the wheels or the drive shaft, nothing with OBD, unless the car is equipped with ABS.
My friend redfire's swift doesn't have ABS, but he has got a central locking system which will lock all the doors if the car exceeds 20kmph. So if that has to work then definitely an electronic signal regarding speed is provided by the ECU to the central locking control unit.

In that case it should be possible to connect an electronic speedo to that source. ECU geeks and tuners may be able to provide more information here in this thread.
Old 16th April 2008, 18:17   #12
Senior - BHPian

The best person to answer this will be RDKarthik as he know what all the ECU controls and also he has the wiring diagrams for it.
Old 16th April 2008, 22:58   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
My friend redfire's swift doesn't have ABS, but he has got a central locking system which will lock all the doors if the car exceeds 20kmph. So if that has to work then definitely an electronic signal regarding speed is provided by the ECU to the central locking control unit.

In that case it should be possible to connect an electronic speedo to that source. ECU geeks and tuners may be able to provide more information here in this thread.
The Ecu will give a output at a set speed to the central locking , for speed sensing one will need a proper speed senor, that give the output proportional to the speed of the car. That to the system will need to be hacked before the ecm and senor placed there[ if the speedo on the car is electronic in the first place like I mentioned], the output will not appear at the OBD.
Old 16th April 2008, 23:22   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabrez02 View Post
Frankly speak i have got a HUD display, in that there is a wire which has to go to the Speedo. And mine is Swift,
What brand and model HUD is this?
Old 17th April 2008, 12:01   #15
BHPian

check it out on a friend's car.. I am talking of the Indian swift. to top it off the MASS mechanics don't even know where the OBD port is.
Bought an OBD II unit and had to sell it off. Tested it in my Swift, friend's swift, alto zen and Esteem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
I don't have first hand experience with OBD, but its supposed to be a requirement for any card to be sold in EU. So its strange that Suzuki will not implement it properly in swift.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks