Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th April 2008, 20:17   #106
BHPian

Well I felt a big difference. Both in terms of MBHP and otherwise.
Regards,
TG.
Old 15th April 2008, 20:21   #107
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqueguru View Post
Well I felt a big difference. Both in terms of MBHP and otherwise.
Regards,
TG.
This is no place for yours is bigger than mine. So, I will let it pass. Peace out!
Old 15th April 2008, 20:23   #108
Team-BHP Support

Believe me, the Greddy headers transformed my vtec, so I can imagine TG's excitement.

TG might be a newbie but he knows his car. If he is happy so be it. If he like MHP, good for him.

From your experience, you should know - a few good planned researched mods are better than many unknown unco-ordinated mods. Lets not go beyond that.
Old 15th April 2008, 20:31   #109
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Believe me, the Greddy headers transformed my vtec, so I can imagine TG's excitement.

TG might be a newbie but he knows his car. If he is happy so be it. If he like MHP, good for him.

From your experience, you should know - a few good planned researched mods are better than many unknown unco-ordinated mods. Lets not go beyond that.
Ajit, I am sure you off all people know there is nothing newbie and expert here. Atleast I still do consider myself as someone who is learning with each passing day and will continue to do so. Maybe our yardsticks to judge performance are poles apart.

Lets not get to the the topic of planned and unplanned research shall we? Don't want to open up a can of bitter worms.

Last edited by theMAG : 15th April 2008 at 23:42. Reason: Lets move on please - its in the past ! And not on a newcomer's enthusistic thread!
Old 15th April 2008, 21:53   #110
BHPian

Rahul, its just about expectations and also relative speed. People who have been in turbo cars would find NA cars boring. But people who have never gone the mod route or driven modded cars will be very happy with a header change and filter change.

Whatever rocks your boat man.....whatever puts that smile on you when u go for a drive....if you are happy thats all that matters....
Old 15th April 2008, 22:32   #111
BHPian

Some engines respond very well to the mods.... if done right. Cedia imo is a 2.0L Torquey car & those 4-2-1 headers compliment that, which i think is designed for good low to mid range hence when coupled with good intake, results in a very good torque improvement at low to mid rpm & T.G could feel that noticeable change over stock.
one mod which works wonders on a particular engine, might not give similar results on a different car/engine when a similar mod is carried out.
so i don't think it will be fare to compare mods done on a cedia engine, to a different make car/engine with smaller displacement.
Old 15th April 2008, 23:02   #112
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Rocam View Post
Some engines respond very well to the mods.... if done right. Cedia imo is a 2.0L Torquey car & those 4-2-1 headers compliment that, which i think is designed for good low to mid range hence when coupled with good intake, results in a very good torque improvement at low to mid rpm & T.G could feel that noticeable change over stock.
one mod which works wonders on a particular engine, might not give similar results on a different car/engine when a similar mod is carried out.
so i don't think it will be fare to compare mods done on a cedia engine, to a different make car/engine with smaller displacement.
Brilliantly put, at the end of the day the guy who has done is happy and thats what matters.

Nice color of the headers, though i would still try to see if a better positioning is possible for the air filter
Old 15th April 2008, 23:31   #113
Senior - BHPian

On a 4G94, changing to a less restrictive intake and exhaust can lead to upto an 8-9 whp improvement and similar gains in torque. That is quite significant and I guess thats what torqueguru experienced. Here's an article about it with dyno tests

2002 Mitsubishi Lancer - Power Pages - Import Tuner Magazine

Infact if you check evolutionm forums, you'd find even more substantial gains with simple intake/exhaust mods. These are just middle of the line. I think this should end all the fighting.

Last edited by reignofchaos : 15th April 2008 at 23:35.
Old 16th April 2008, 00:49   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Brilliantly put, at the end of the day the guy who has done is happy and thats what matters.

Nice color of the headers, though i would still try to see if a better positioning is possible for the air filter
Yes Jaggu,
The Filter positioning is what i will be working on next, as so many of Tbhpians have already pointed out to me. Thanks.
Regards,
TG.
Old 17th April 2008, 14:26   #115
Senior - BHPian

A Silly n00b question:A CAI would be better for your car right? Coz it won't suck hot air from the engine bay. But then, why dosen't everyone put a CAI, instead most of the cars i've seen have just conical filters. Is there any technical reason for this?
Old 27th August 2008, 15:22   #116
BANNED

well how much did you spent for the header ?
Old 28th August 2008, 01:21   #117

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
A Silly n00b question:A CAI would be better for your car right? Coz it won't suck hot air from the engine bay. But then, why dosen't everyone put a CAI, instead most of the cars i've seen have just conical filters. Is there any technical reason for this?
Because cai's are more expensive than conical filters !
And you need to be very careful where you cai ends.It shouldnt suck in water.So Conical filters are usually a safer bet.

And damn those headers look niceeee!!
Old 28th August 2008, 09:48   #118
Senior - BHPian

Dyuuuuuuuuuude those headers look psycho! Try and post a pic of them after a long run (heated up).

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
Infact if you check evolutionm forums, you'd find even more substantial gains with simple intake/exhaust mods. These are just middle of the line. I think this should end all the fighting.
Yes, I would stop fighting if I had an Evo with simple intake/exhaust mods
Old 28th August 2008, 13:31   #119
BHPian

@TG Now i guess most of your problems would be solved regarding the low-end torque you were hunting for in your earlier thread. Great install there, a pic when they are hot would be something to drool at!
Enjoy them and do think about the CAI as part of your next stage of mods.
Old 28th August 2008, 14:06   #120
BHPian

I think this "Sudarshan Kriya" on a car makes as good a difference as it does on a human being! I would like to do the same on my petrol verna some time.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks