Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2008, 14:44   #1
BHPian

Missing wiper washer cap

Hello,

I lost the wiper water unit cap (inside bonnet) of my Aveo. It is open now and am worried to leave it in that way. When I checked with GM, they say I need to buy the complete unit (which costs 1200 bucks) as cap alone is not available.

It is the same with other cars that the cap is not available as spare?

Anyone knows if I can source this through any other means other than through GM?

Nirmal
Old 12th April 2008, 15:05   #2
Senior - BHPian

Mostly true. The cap is not available separately as spare. You may have to buy the entire unit. Alternatively, you can visit those who deal in old/used/damaged car spares and maybe they can help you out..

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmalts View Post
Hello,

I lost the wiper water unit cap (inside bonnet) of my Aveo. It is open now and am worried to leave it in that way. When I checked with GM, they say I need to buy the complete unit (which costs 1200 bucks) as cap alone is not available.

It is the same with other cars that the cap is not available as spare?

Anyone knows if I can source this through any other means other than through GM?

Nirmal
Old 12th April 2008, 15:21   #3
Ram
Senior - BHPian

Source one from Chor Bazaar. One of our friends who regularly buy old car spares may be able to help you with that. Should be relatively easy.

If you're worried about debris falling into the windshield washer fluid, fashion a simple bung, with an old large rubber balloon or polyethylene sheet and a tightly tied rubber-band.

Ram
Old 12th April 2008, 15:27   #4
BHPian

It's truly awful that they don't stock such spares. It's a terrible policy on the part of car manufacturers.
Old 12th April 2008, 23:02   #5
BANNED

just try fitting some other cap from any plastic bottle that fits properly..as an alternative
Old 17th May 2008, 11:44   #6
BHPian

Was in Germany for few weeks. Made a visit to Chevrolet there. Suprisingly they were selling the wiper cap for Aveo as spare. Bought it for 69 cents

Nirmal

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks