Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2008, 11:19   #46
Senior - BHPian

Its A One Way Ticket.........

[quote=sanjayatarizona;800970]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mansidea View Post

I am pretty sure considering the handling characteristics of the Scorpio the additional juice will make the drivers and passengers rock and roll all over the place
Juicing up the Scorp any further is a "one way ticket........

I know it for a fact that the MHwak was toned down from 140 to 120 precicely for this reason. With dynamics like a Scorp, any more power is asking for it......

What we have on stock need to be used with great responsibility; I don't know what will happedn if you have souped-up SUV's raving on the roads.

--Ramky

=======

Last edited by ramkya1 : 23rd April 2008 at 11:20.
Old 23rd April 2008, 11:41   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatrughna View Post
Are you also having any plans to launch Petes for Safari VTT anytime soon?
[quote=ramkya1;805864]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayatarizona View Post

Juicing up the Scorp any further is a "one way ticket........

I know it for a fact that the MHwak was toned down from 140 to 120 precicely for this reason. With dynamics like a Scorp, any more power is asking for it......

What we have on stock need to be used with great responsibility; I don't know what will happedn if you have souped-up SUV's raving on the roads.

--Ramky

=======
Yes and that is precisely why customers who need better hadling go in for the Bilstein B6 suspension system. But if you drive sanely you will know the limits and drive according to that.

Rgds
Old 23rd April 2008, 11:51   #48
Senior - BHPian

Suspension As Good As It Gets......

[quote=turboindia;805909]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramkya1 View Post

Yes and that is precisely why customers who need better hadling go in for the Bilstein B6 suspension system. But if you drive sanely you will know the limits and drive according to that.

Rgds
The Lotus susp for the Scorp has evolved over years to the present level, it has taken lots of R & D and tonns fo money to take it this far....... even that's not enough to bridle the beast. Are there any better suspensions available for the Scorp now?

Driving sanely? What's the probability of people dirving sanely if economic options are available to power-up the beasts ?

--Ramky
==========
Old 23rd April 2008, 11:53   #49
Team-BHP Support

[quote=ramkya1;805932]
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboindia View Post

The Lotus susp for the Scorp has evolved over years to the present level, it has taken lots of R & D and tonns fo money to take it this far....... even that's not enough to bridle the beast. Are there any better suspensions available for the Scorp now?
yes. the bilstein b6.
Old 23rd April 2008, 12:07   #50
BHPian

the scorpio was not given better suspensions due to cost factors.
we are mainly responsible for that 11lakh price!!
the scorpio has got lots of potential . and yes a suspension upgrade though recomended, is not entirely necessary.

the scenario is like this.

due to market competetion, a VGT unit was very much necessary[this thing costs more than double the FGT! ]

suspension set up was left just at normal so that price can be kept down , but yes a more stiffer suspension set up can do wonders but we are talking of 50k increase in cost!!
we had deliverd the code for automatic scorpio by march 07. the cost of that vehicle will be sky- high fior this segment..lolz. [hence the delay in launching, and yes expect it to be stripped like anything!!]

the picture goes like this if you want a proper beast- a safe one that is
35-50k box and filter[box alone is ok. but filter upgrade is better!!]. another 50k for suspension!![ go for a clutch and intercooler upgarde cost depends , but then rest assured your vehicle is gonna go smother than ever!].
safety and power always comes at a cost!!
sameel
Old 23rd April 2008, 12:31   #51
Senior - BHPian

Can You Please Explain?

[quote=akshay1234;805933]
Quote:

yes. the bilstein b6.
You kinda lost me there mate......... did not know about the brand name. Will educate myself .....

I found out about these dampners here:

ThyssenKrupp BilsteinBILSTEIN solutions for all needs ThyssenKrupp Bilstein | Product-Details | BILSTEIN B6® Sport

What's the stock susp on the scorpio?

--Ramky

==============
Old 23rd April 2008, 13:50   #52
BHPian

[quote=ramkya1;805932]
Quote:

Driving sanely? What's the probability of people dirving sanely if economic options are available to power-up the beasts ?

--Ramky
==========
What do u mean by driving sanely if economic options are available to power-up?
Old 23rd April 2008, 15:46   #53
Senior - BHPian

[quote=jerish666;806121]
Quote:
What do u mean by driving sanely if economic options are available to power-up?
Hai Turbo,

If people can just spending 5-10K, clip on a box and soup up their engine / increase the BHP by 25-50 BHP, just imagine the havoc on our roads !!!!!!!!!!

There'd be lots of ppl jetting around risking lives. BHP+ Torque + Space is expensive and hence, I think, we have relatively low-powered cars. Above the 10L bracket, you'd see the power and size increasing, you'd find SOME OF THEM behaving insanely.

I am actually happy that the performance enhancing gizmos are expensive and are out of reach for majority

--Ramky
================

Last edited by ramkya1 : 23rd April 2008 at 15:47.
Old 24th April 2008, 12:32   #54
Senior - BHPian

Ramkya, i dont know what your thinkimg, but adding a tunning box in my opinion does not mean driving at higher speeds, it just means getting faster to your cruising speed. Say if my cruising speed is 80, ill take much lesser time reaching 80 with the tunning box fitted then without it. You should not look at outright performance with the tunning box, but driveabilty. Put the car in 5th gear and see how it accelerates like its in 3rd. And thats not all, my fuel efficiency also increases with the box, so you can have your cake and eat it too. If i had a Scorpio i would definately Peted it, its not about going fast, or driving faster, its about better driveabilty, more torque and better efficiency.
Old 24th April 2008, 12:43   #55
Senior - BHPian

Tnx For That Information

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Ramkya, i dont know what your thinkimg, but adding a tunning box in my opinion does not mean driving at higher speeds, it just means getting faster to your cruising speed. Say if my cruising speed is 80, ill take much lesser time reaching 80 with the tunning box fitted then without it. You should not look at outright performance with the tunning box, but driveabilty. Put the car in 5th gear and see how it accelerates like its in 3rd. And thats not all, my fuel efficiency also increases with the box, so you can have your cake and eat it too. If i had a Scorpio i would definately Peted it, its not about going fast, or driving faster, its about better driveabilty, more torque and better efficiency.
Hai Busa,

Thanks for making things clearer, I'm learning all about Pating. I'm only worried about controlling the truck with the addition of power.

If it can increase fuel efficiency substantially then it's worth thinking about. It would cost about 50K to get the box tuned and fitted?

==Ramky
=========
Old 24th April 2008, 13:13   #56
Senior - BHPian

@ Ramkya1 - The box costs Rs. 31200. A better (than stock) air filter is recommended with it.
Old 7th July 2008, 22:29   #57

Hi,
I am gettin my new Getz CRDi in a weeks time. When can i fit Pete's Tuning Box? Before running in the engine or after? How Much will it cost? Is it available in Goa? From Whom? Will fitting affect the warranty?
Please Help!!
Old 19th May 2009, 12:14   #58
BHPian

Planing to install a petes on my captiva. Any idea what 0-100 difference is?
Old 19th May 2009, 12:18   #59
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by indra_slk View Post
Planing to install a petes on my captiva. Any idea what 0-100 difference is?
at least 2 seconds.
Old 29th June 2009, 15:40   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mansidea

I am pretty sure considering the handling characteristics of the Scorpio the additional juice will make the drivers and passengers rock and roll all over the place

That is exactly why we have simultaneously launched the Bilstein B6 also for the car. Say good bye to rock & rock?
Hi, What is the impact of installing the box on the Warrenty of the Scorpio (mHawk).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks