Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2008, 14:31   #31
BHPian

Hi Ripper

I have a quick question for you bro,

I have Hyundai Accent GLS too shod on the Stock tyre size but on 13inch Alloys 170/70/13

I wanted to upsize the tyres to improve the Cars aesthetics , what would do you think is a good bet for me as Iam already having 13inch Alloys? also does upsizing the tyres create a Mileage drop in any case ?

Whats the size of the Tyres that you have upgraded to ? does it affect the Pickup of the Car in any way ?

Do let me know Ripper,

Thanks bro,

Peter.
Old 6th August 2008, 21:32   #32
BHPian

@Peter: Have seen your car in the other thread and i must say that it looks chic! There are 3 upsizes possible for the Accent GLS as stated below: 185/65r13 195/65r13 195/60r13 My car is running on 195/60/R13 which actually makes the car look and feel higher, though the ride gets a bit stiff but u will get over it after a few kms.Also initially the car would scraoe the wheel wells over some speedbreakers Well even i would have loved to go for a rim upsize but the budget we were running on was not permitting us to do it. So if u have some loose change to spare would suggest you to go for a rim upsize to 14" will make the ride look better else do as i did,a tyre upsize. Yes upsize does cause a slight mileage drop so act acc. to your requirements. Good luck
Old 6th August 2008, 22:22   #33
BHPian

If you don't want performance drop then go for 185/65R13 Bridgestone Potenza. It will do the trick. As Ripper said, rim upsize is suggestable as car looks good in big alloys with low profile tyres.

I had upgraded my Accent GLS tyres to 185/70R13 on stock rims.
Old 7th August 2008, 13:37   #34
BHPian

Thanks Ripper / Gangsta,

Thanks for the info team, I will now have to decide what to do since now I have the info with me .

Iam actually thinking of the 185/65R13 Bridgestone Potenzas now, as The 13inch alloys are as good as new and the Car has not been used even 2000kms after putting them on, also the car is now lying idle and will remain so until December until I get back to India.

Will there be a mileage drop in case I switch over to 185/65R13 Bridgestone Potenzas ?

Also Ripper / Gangsta ... will the 185/65R13 look better then the 170/70R13 when fitted on the rims?

Thanks again,

Cheers,

Peter.
Old 7th August 2008, 13:45   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangsta View Post
If you don't want performance drop then go for 185/65R13 Bridgestone Potenza. It will do the trick. As Ripper said, rim upsize is suggestable as car looks good in big alloys with low profile tyres.

I had upgraded my Accent GLS tyres to 185/70R13 on stock rims.
Hey Gangsta,

Do you mean you currently have 185/70R13 on ur Accent ? if so then whats the diff between the 185/70R13 and the 185/65R13 ? in terms of the looks and the Mileage/Performance ?

I Apologise in case these questions may sound stupid but inspite of looking at websites which talk about "How to read a tyre" the info somehow doesnt seem to get into my head

Do let me know guys,

Cheers,

Peter.
Old 7th August 2008, 17:18   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Neat revival of the broad shouldered sedan. Looks great, as most commented, 14"inchers would have completed the face-cum-body lift
Old 8th August 2008, 00:51   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter View Post
Hey Gangsta,

Do you mean you currently have 185/70R13 on ur Accent ? if so then whats the diff between the 185/70R13 and the 185/65R13 ? in terms of the looks and the Mileage/Performance ?

I Apologise in case these questions may sound stupid but inspite of looking at websites which talk about "How to read a tyre" the info somehow doesnt seem to get into my head

Do let me know guys,

Cheers,

Peter.
See,
I have 185/70/R13 fitting on my stock rims. It really changed the looks of the car when you will look at the tyres from the back and front.
185/70r13 looks good on stock rims. and slightly low profiled looks good on alloys asthetically.

Performance wise, on TBHP it is recommended 185/65R13 because of 10mm difference in thickness and 5 mm less profiled. Means hardly any difference in terms of performance.

But 185/70R13, hardly any difference too. But Alloys always go for low profiled ones esthetically. Yes, Grip becomes better in 185. 195 thick tyres can degrade your performance on accent but 185 hardly matters. Go For it.
As far as mileage is concerned. Not even a single difference in the mileage part. Because i'm a fast driver, i always wanted to have a thick rubber without degrading my performance. Run your car properly to get max mileage.

For this refer to the thread "How to achieve max mileage"

i'm getting around 14-15 kmpl on normal drives under city conditions but yes i have Green Twin Conical Air Filter. Not really hard acceleration. proper gearshift to use the torque band, not the power band. I don't take my car above 2k rpm and i avoid 2nd and 4th gear. 1st > 3rd > 5th.

Try it and u will see the difference.

your Accent GLS is 1.5L or 1.6?

Regards
Old 8th August 2008, 12:55   #38
BHPian

Quote:
He'd mentioned that it's a SOHC; so that makes it a 1.5. The 1.6 is a DOHC.
Old 8th August 2008, 16:29   #39
BHPian

Quote:
See,
I have 185/70/R13 fitting on my stock rims. It really changed the looks of the car when you will look at the tyres from the back and front.
185/70r13 looks good on stock rims. and slightly low profiled looks good on alloys asthetically.

Performance wise, on TBHP it is recommended 185/65R13 because of 10mm difference in thickness and 5 mm less profiled. Means hardly any difference in terms of performance.

But 185/70R13, hardly any difference too. But Alloys always go for low profiled ones esthetically. Yes, Grip becomes better in 185. 195 thick tyres can degrade your performance on accent but 185 hardly matters. Go For it.
As far as mileage is concerned. Not even a single difference in the mileage part. Because i'm a fast driver, i always wanted to have a thick rubber without degrading my performance. Run your car properly to get max mileage.

For this refer to the thread "How to achieve max mileage"

i'm getting around 14-15 kmpl on normal drives under city conditions but yes i have Green Twin Conical Air Filter. Not really hard acceleration. proper gearshift to use the torque band, not the power band. I don't take my car above 2k rpm and i avoid 2nd and 4th gear. 1st > 3rd > 5th.

Try it and u will see the difference.

Regards

HI Gansgta,

Thanks for the info, I will now go in for the 185/65R13 tyres since you mentioned that they would look good on the Alloys and hey thanks for tip of the Gear change as well. Wil try it out and keep you posted.

Cheers,

Peter.
Old 8th August 2008, 20:58   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter View Post
HI Gansgta,

Thanks for the info, I will now go in for the 185/65R13 tyres since you mentioned that they would look good on the Alloys and hey thanks for tip of the Gear change as well. Wil try it out and keep you posted.

Cheers,

Peter.
welcome mate. also try to put on 5th gear at 50-60 kmph. will be waiting for your review regarding the gearing.
Accent in 3rd gear have enough torque to pull itself from 20-50 kmph mark easily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalluDude View Post
He'd mentioned that it's a SOHC; so that makes it a 1.5. The 1.6 is a DOHC.
thanx for the valuable information dude. I never knew 1.6L is a DOHC.
BTW Peter just mentioned he have the GLS Ver. of Accent not SOHC ver. of Accent as GLS comes with 1.5L SOHC block and 1.6L DOHC block.

Correct me if i'm wrong.
Cheers!!

Last edited by Gangsta : 8th August 2008 at 21:03.
Old 10th August 2008, 02:29   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Neat revival of the broad shouldered sedan. Looks great, as most commented, 14"inchers would have completed the face-cum-body lift
Thanks bro,
I may upgrade to 14 inchers once these tyre's are done and also when i have that extra loose change (vit. M). Some more updates coming up soon!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks