Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2008, 12:28   #1
BHPian

Which is the Best after market ECU for City Vtec 2002?

Hi Team,
I am driving a Honda City Vtec 2002, with a skunk2 Pro intake system. I have now though of installing a after market ECU for the car as my car intake is getting less fuel supplied for the stock ECU. Please advice me which is the best after market ECU for the Honda City Vtec 2002. I though of AEM or Mugan ECU’s. Please let me know which the best PRO standby ECU is.

Last edited by Technocrat : 20th April 2008 at 18:29. Reason: Removed Font & Size tags
Old 20th April 2008, 18:55   #2
BHPian

Hi Vinay,

why go for AEM or Mugen when you have are very own genious or rather indigenious Karthik aka Race Dynamics..

Think about it maite!! Prolly the best in the business!!

Cheers
Shrey
Old 20th April 2008, 19:27   #3
Team-BHP Support

rdkarthiks would a good option. you could also get a hondata ecu or the greddy emanage.
Old 21st April 2008, 19:49   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
rdkarthiks would a good option. you could also get a hondata ecu or the greddy emanage.
Hi Akshay, will I be able to get a hondata ecu or the greddy emanage from rdkarthiks? do you have any idea which model of hondata ecu or the greddy emanage will go along with Vtec?
Old 22nd April 2008, 02:01   #5
BHPian

hey i think karhik's standalone ecu is the best option for you,there are other's on this forum who've used the hondata aswel as the greddy emanage,but the upper hand that you get with karthik's ecu is that its all available right here in india,in your case in bangalore itself,he's equipped with a wideband o2 kit,complete wiring harness for most indian car applications and tons of tuning experience,he can give you a very customized map according to your driving pattern,also if you were to go ahead with any other ecu you would have to tune your self,or get some preset maps used by other's abroad with similar setup's,again i dont know how good those maps would work as the standalone ecu map is very detailed in terms of fueling and ignition timing,also elevation from sea level and external temperature are a few other examples of value's which would have to be tweaked around with,again dont get me wrong im not trying to promote the product or anything as such,its just that there is a lot of more support here from race dynamics as opposed to the other mentioned companies,just my two cents,hope i could be of some help,cheers,happy revving..!
Old 22nd April 2008, 08:59   #6
Team-BHP Support

Go to RDkarthik - knowing you, you need good service support. Nice car !!!
Old 24th April 2008, 17:05   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragger View Post
hey i think karhik's standalone ecu is the best option for you,there are other's on this forum who've used the hondata aswel as the greddy emanage,but the upper hand that you get with karthik's ecu is that its all available right here in india,in your case in bangalore itself,he's equipped with a wideband o2 kit,complete wiring harness for most indian car applications and tons of tuning experience,he can give you a very customized map according to your driving pattern,also if you were to go ahead with any other ecu you would have to tune your self,or get some preset maps used by other's abroad with similar setup's,again i dont know how good those maps would work as the standalone ecu map is very detailed in terms of fueling and ignition timing,also elevation from sea level and external temperature are a few other examples of value's which would have to be tweaked around with,again dont get me wrong im not trying to promote the product or anything as such,its just that there is a lot of more support here from race dynamics as opposed to the other mentioned companies,just my two cents,hope i could be of some help,cheers,happy revving..!
Hey thanks dude... I have heard about race dynamics and I think I will go for it.... Yes, the main important thing is we need to have a person who can customized map according to my need....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Go to RDkarthik - knowing you, you need good service support. Nice car !!!
Hi Ajit, its great to hear from you... I did some research and now I have thought I will go to RDkarthik ECU. I will be updating you on when I would be installing it.

Last edited by ajmat : 24th April 2008 at 18:07.
Old 24th April 2008, 19:54   #8
Senior - BHPian

OT:
vinay, is this the vtec with a 68mm throttle body?
Loved that car!
Old 25th April 2008, 01:38   #9
BHPian

68 mm,skunk 2 throttle body,also are you using the skunk2 intake manifold?
Old 25th April 2008, 10:05   #10
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
OT:
Loved that car!
I beleive it is!!!!
Old 25th April 2008, 11:15   #11
Senior - BHPian

Good that she's gone to an owner who's looking for the best aftermarket ECU.
Old 27th April 2008, 13:00   #12
BHPian

You are right....

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
OT:
Loved that car!
Yes, I have vtec with a 68mm throttle body in the hood and I am looking for the best after market ECU as the original ECu is not injucting enough fuel...
Old 27th April 2008, 13:03   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
I beleive it is!!!!
Ajmat know's more about it.....
Old 9th September 2009, 23:13   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinayvtec View Post
Yes, I have vtec with a 68mm throttle body in the hood and I am looking for the best after market ECU as the original ECu is not injucting enough fuel...
So how did the RD ecu turn out ?
And wouldn't it be a good idea to upgrade your injectors as well ??
Old 9th September 2009, 23:45   #15
Senior - BHPian

So what features does the RD offer over a chipped Honda ECU?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks