Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2005, 23:48   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

1Bhp = 1.50$

Just came across this website while browsing for my 2.3L Accord chip. check this out http://www.20horsepower.com/
Its cheap ....sounds pretty good from what u r getting and they say the mileage doesnt go down either and can be fitted on a huge range of petrol cars. Only thing thats stopping me from ordering it is that the price is very low from the average chips in the market so i dont know how reliable it is, i dont want to risk anything and also how easy will it be to install this gadget? Seems pretty nice IMO..let me know what u guys think of it.

P.S - Mods i am really sorry i posted this in the wrong section can u pls move it to Modifcations and delete this msg thnx.

Last edited by Sahil : 8th February 2005 at 23:52. Reason: Wrong Section!
Old 9th February 2005, 00:12   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil
Just came across this website while browsing for my 2.3L Accord chip. check this out http://www.20horsepower.com/
Its cheap ....sounds pretty good from what u r getting and they say the mileage doesnt go down either and can be fitted on a huge range of petrol cars. Only thing thats stopping me from ordering it is that the price is very low from the average chips in the market so i dont know how reliable it is, i dont want to risk anything and also how easy will it be to install this gadget? Seems pretty nice IMO..let me know what u guys think of it.

P.S - Mods i am really sorry i posted this in the wrong section can u pls move it to Modifcations and delete this msg thnx.

i checked out the same velocity chip , its good i was pretty interested in the way it works ...coz ur not upgrading the ECU itself so your not losing out on mileage ..its an addon ..attractive price ..
u think it'll work on corsa 1.4 ?
noway it'll pull 20 bhp still ..

cheers
Old 9th February 2005, 01:17   #3
Senior - BHPian

I always have my doubts on products such as these on sale on websites without any background, lack of telephone numbers and addresses. and even while looking at the connector pic im failing to understand where in the entire wiring does this really fit on to??? if u know how an ecm is and how it is connected to each sensor.. u know what i mean.
Old 9th February 2005, 09:55   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I'm with Autopsyche. It is certainly avoidable. If I were to replace something as significant as the chip, I would make sure that its from a manufacturer of repute and good R&D background.

GTO
Old 9th February 2005, 10:24   #5
Senior - BHPian

nah guys...these dont work as aptly said byt GTO and AUTOPSYCHE...half of them are con artists. i learnt it the hard way. read about this chip which could drastically improve your performance..and it had rave reviews of people having upto 21bhp gains. paid 2000rs for it and got it from U.K. saying its absolutely worth it.
to my dismay i got a resistor which goes into my IAT sensor.!!!!!
think twice before you do all these mods rather pay more and buy something reliable and trustworthy

can do the samething for you for about 10rs. what the site is claiming.
they mention torque but no top speed or 0-100
know this scam pretty well

Last edited by iceman91 : 9th February 2005 at 10:32.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks