Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2008, 20:10   #1
Senior - BHPian

Suspension Upgrade on Zen Handling nice

Got my car's suspension redone couple of weeks ago. I was running on Stock suspension for the last 2.5 years and all the weight my car carries was bogging it down along with low profile tyres. This time the car was going all over the place and I knew it's time to get a change, but no more stock suspension and I did not have the liquidity for Koni suspension yet.
For those who don't know what is all the weight I am refering to, here are some snaps of my car.

Now, thats a lot of weight for a Zen, I went to Mr Psycho, and asked him to give me a value for money option. In came new front and back suspension with custom rear springs and front Zen Diesel shocks. Have been driving the car for the last 2 weeks and it had alignment issues which were there before the upgrade itself, was not finding the time to get it fixed, and no one in Indiranagar could actually give that good feel factor , the car kept pulling to the left and a wobble in the steering was always there.
Today I went to A1 Alignment near Ashoka pillar and got the alignment fixed in the afternoon. This guy Iliyas over there is very good with his work. He took 2 attempts to get it right, but he said its fine now and even the steering wobble is gone. Well, I have been suffering for months, so it was too hard to beleive but I still gave a drive, and Bingo! it felt so damn good. I got this alignment done primarily because I am getting set of new rubber tomorrow and cannot fix with with bad alignment.

After this I have actually understood what has actually gone into the car now, the car handles like a breeze now, and practically no body roll. I remember the first day when I had got the car out with the new body kit with Rims and tyres 2.5 years ago, and the ring road S bend felt like a nightmare because of the amount of Body roll. Now with the partially empty roads on Sunday I flicked the car around and it is handling rock steady. My current tyres are almost bald, so I can imagine what it will be with the new tyres.

Thanks Keshav for the nice job.

I was planning some performance mods this month, but have been bogged down with work, so no engine swap as of now. will have to wait few months I think.

Snap of the car after the suspension change.

Old 27th April 2008, 21:54   #2
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the new setup Satya..this is somthing which i am planning and dreaming from a long long time along with a swap. Hopefully this year i will get it done.
Old 27th April 2008, 22:08   #3
Team-BHP Support

Front zen d shock's alone or the uprated springs also?
Old 28th April 2008, 11:29   #4
BHPian

Hey raven good upgrade there. Just one query though, Don't you think the alignment wheel balancing was best done after the new rubber upgrade? For, IMHO I guess you would have to do the Balancing/Alignment yet again after the tyre upgrade.
Old 28th April 2008, 13:19   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Front zen d shock's alone or the uprated springs also?

Full Zen d Kit with some touch ups to help improve handling. Not to mention the brakes redone to help stop the car.
Old 28th April 2008, 23:17   #6

hey congrats on the new setup .. wanted to know if there was an increase in the ground clearance also?
are the Zen D shocks easily available at moss?
Old 29th April 2008, 00:12   #7
BHPian

Hi Guys,

On a related note, would installing esteem D suspension on a petrol esteem do the same job? Are the esteem D dampers/springs stiffer than those on the petrol model?

Regards,

Amit.
Old 4th August 2008, 16:47   #8
BHPian

suspension upgrade required for zen 2003 model??

Hi All,

Saturday when i gave my car to service at Mars, the mechanic told me that the front suspension is damaged, and require a change. when I asked him whether it was springs or lower arm, he didnot specify much, but told that he could find out only when he removes it. When asked for an estimate cost to replace the front suspension he quoted me 8k.

Iam sure he is taking me for a ride, and I feel 8k is way too expensive unless it's a Koni :-)

My car has run 43k kms, and yes there is little sound when it is driven on small potholes, also there is a noise, when the steering wheel is turned randomly.

Guyz please help me

Find a good shock's tuner in bangalore?
Cost of front shock's in bangalore, where can i get it and where to get it fit from?
Is there a good shock upgrade available for zen, since I will be running 165/60/R13 ponteza shortly...(currently it's on stock)

Note from Team-BHP Support : Thread merged. Please use the search feature before creating a new thread on a topic that might already exist. Please continue your discussion in an existing thread. This will keep all the relevant information in one place and make it easier for readers in the future.

Last edited by Jaggu : 4th August 2008 at 16:57. Reason: Use search please
Old 4th August 2008, 18:43   #9
BANNED

congrates on ur swap of suspension.
i want to know is there anything i can do with my ALTO's suspension to make is more smoother. currenlty i am running on 165/65/13 michelin tyre . i dont want to go for preformace suspensions may be a swap like bluerave316 did on his zen.

Last edited by monty9991 : 4th August 2008 at 18:45.
Old 5th August 2008, 11:13   #10
BHPian

@ blueraven316

Please list out the total expenditure for this as i would like to get my car's (Zen MPFI 2002) suspension reworked/changed.

I am running on Stock suspension (Raised by one inch to accomodate 13') presently with 13' BSA Racing Alloys which basically portrude out of the car due to the design. The rear suspension is a bit too soft for my taste even though the tyres dont touch the body even at full load (5 people) so wanting to get it stiffened/changed. I was recommended Koni's but then again i have a budget constraint. Any recommendations? Open to the forum for suggestions!
Old 5th August 2008, 14:15   #11
BHPian

Car gurus & blue raven please reply
Old 15th August 2008, 17:57   #12
BHPian

satya sir .. we need your help
Old 2nd October 2009, 20:37   #13
BHPian

satya

could you get me the address of ur shop in bangalore?
Old 2nd October 2009, 22:35   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopa99 View Post
satya

could you get me the address of ur shop in bangalore?
PMed you his address. Hope this helps.
Old 7th July 2010, 01:25   #15
BHPian

Ok not sure if i am posting this in the right thread, (if not mods, please move accordingly). I am a Zen owner too. I have a Zen AX and for the past 3-4 months I have been facing a peculiar issue with the car. Every time i turn the car right, i hear a "thuck-thuck-thuck" sound with ticks. Its very musical but not funny as I am concerned the car may fall apart. Could someone tell me what it is? I got the tie rod, bearing and 'bush' changed as per the last service. Car has clocked 52,651 kms. I have been giving my car to MARS (Sanjay Nagar) for regular service. Could some one please tell me where I can get this rectified once and for all. If some one is willing to tag along with me, that will be grateful as I am no car expert. Help!!

Most Viewed