Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2008, 22:36   #61
Senior - BHPian

Hows the car doing? Is it stablized for daily driving?

Does the AEM tuning work with base tune or requires retuning based on Indian Conditions?
Old 12th May 2008, 13:15   #62
BHPian

Cars fine...no issuses with anything. It is drivable in daily traffic conditions...but we need to still fine tune it...below 3000rpm.
Just don't have the time to do this as dad is very busy with his other racing development projects.

YES, Aem does require major tuning to get it running in India. Its far from plug and play.If theres anything like a plug & play in the tuning world
Old 12th May 2008, 15:21   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinclaturbo View Post
... as dad is very busy with his other racing development projects...
A separate thread on this, please?
Old 13th May 2008, 12:36   #64
Jay
BHPian

@ Sharan & Mr.Bobby : Exellent work there... looks stunning. Hope to see it in flesh soon.

@ Gulzar : Could you please post more pics of the car if you have anymore.
Old 16th May 2008, 10:48   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
@ Sharan & Mr.Bobby : Exellent work there... looks stunning. Hope to see it in flesh soon.

Thank you and as far as the looks go all credit should go to sharan.
Old 16th May 2008, 23:38   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
A separate thread on this, please?

I second that.... Please please please

Slightly OT

@Shipwreck
On the first page I see your uncle using a dremel tool

I wanted to know where can I get the cut-off wheels for it as I have exhausted all the wheels that came in the kit. All I could find were die-grinder bits which are to big for the Dremel's chuck ( it's got a 1/8" chuck)
Old 17th May 2008, 01:08   #67

Interesting, I would like to check out this car sometime, when it is fully tuned...
Old 18th May 2008, 23:27   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsh87 View Post
I second that.... Please please please
Slightly OT
I wanted to know where can I get the cut-off wheels for it as I have exhausted all the wheels that came in the kit. All I could find were die-grinder bits which are to big for the Dremel's chuck ( it's got a 1/8" chuck)
Sorry to say, but its very difficult to find them in bangalore, i guess its the same in other cities as well. Ebay is the direction you need to head towards.

@v1p3r...very soon. A few really interesting ones too. I will definitely start a thread for atleast one of them.
Old 19th May 2008, 14:44   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post

Wassup jay, i don't have any more pictures that i can post. The remaining photos either have too much or too little detail.

Will post a few videos of the car though.
BTW will start another thread, of a very interesting build....just need a little more time
Old 21st May 2008, 11:46   #70
BHPian

Wow!!! this is a cool car man... after looking at the TC'd car even I am thinking that I need to get my Vtec Tc'd... I have a 2002 OHC, please let me know whether is there a clean kit like what you have installed for your car. I have already started doing OT for getting the TC on my car . I am very much impressed with the kind of installation you have done on your car...
Old 21st May 2008, 14:44   #71
Jay
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipwreck View Post
Wassup jay, i don't have any more pictures that i can post. The remaining photos either have too much or too little detail.
Bugger, then go take some pics and post them here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipwreck View Post
BTW will start another thread, of a very interesting build....
Heard about it... waiting to see it...
Old 26th June 2008, 11:07   #72
Senior - BHPian

so cinclaturbo and Mr.Bobby Jayaram how is the car running now.how is the gearbox handling the extra power.it would probably be the weakest link in the whole assembly.

any other issues like warning signals coming up.engine check lights etc.coz that has been the problem of most of the turbo swifts even though the owner or the tuner refrain from mentioning this.

do you need to be careful about anything while driving this car or can you stay WOT from go.do you need to be careful and light in the first gear?
Old 26th June 2008, 15:52   #73
Senior - BHPian

some more queries.

can you please provide some more in depth info on the custom bits.haven't you used the intercooler included in the kit.and what other custom plumbing has been done.

also as you have mentioned there are 2 o2 sensors.i guess the original one is placed in the stock location into the cast pipe from the head to the turbo.right.where is the second one placed.

did the second o2 sensor come with the kit along with the AEM FIC.if not then does the AEM FIC have a port for the MAP and the wideband sensor.

awaiting your replies.

thank you.
Old 26th June 2008, 21:20   #74
BHPian

@nav

Yes, you need to be a bit careful in 1st, don't want to strain the driveshafts and gearbox too much. As car is already running 225/17 which is bigger and heavier than stock.Even with these we can still light up the tyres.

Regarding the warning lights, we did get the dreaded CEL on, but later on as the tuning got near perfect it goes off on its own. The key is getting the mixture spot on OR else your in BIG trouble. I'd like to add that we were among the few in the world to get the tuning right besides two or three other US shops some three months back

No the kit does come with o2 sensor. AEM does not come with separate ports for these.

I am not using the intercooler which came with the kit, using a better/bigger one (pwr)

Quite a few of the parts need to be custom fabricated.

Ps. I don't login that often,im sorry, i can't reply to the questions immediately.
Old 26th June 2008, 21:38   #75
BHPian

Please post some more pics. Exteriors as well as interiors.

Most Viewed