Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st May 2008, 10:40   #1
BHPian

help to paint my pajero

Hi friends,

I have a pajero with the idiotic twin colour. I am desperately looking to change the colour of the rear panel and roof eighther to the colour of rest of the body or go for a two tone paint. Can some one tell me where to go for the paint job in chennai ? . I would also be thankful if you can give your suggestions for the pattern.
Old 1st May 2008, 10:58   #2
Team-BHP Support

Please use the SEARCH feature before creating a new thread.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...h-chennai.html

I will leave this thread open for the discussion on the pattern.

cya
R
Old 1st May 2008, 13:06   #3
BHPian

Congrats on owning one of the most distinguished offroaders on sale in India. How old is she? How about an ownership report too?

It is pretty silly on HM's part to offer the twin-colour scheme as standard. I suggest that you go back to an authorised showroom itself, and get the entire Pajero repainted. Painting over only half the car would not be the best solution.
Old 2nd May 2008, 08:58   #4
BHPian

Hi , Thank you, She is about 4 months old. I can surely give an ownership report. Kindly give me the guidelines and I shall write the report.

I am not very satisfied with the current dealer. He is asking 15000/- to paint the panel and the roof to same colour as rest of the car. I am looking to adopt a good two tone pattern and hence this thread. I broused the net but could not find a good pattern.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO - Touring View Post
Congrats on owning one of the most distinguished offroaders on sale in India. How old is she? How about an ownership report too?

It is pretty silly on HM's part to offer the twin-colour scheme as standard. I suggest that you go back to an authorised showroom itself, and get the entire Pajero repainted. Painting over only half the car would not be the best solution.
Old 2nd May 2008, 11:49   #5
GTO
Team-BHP Support

What is the existing colour of the Paj?
Old 2nd May 2008, 12:46   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijay shekar View Post
I am not very satisfied with the current dealer. He is asking 15000/- to paint the panel and the roof to same colour as rest of the car.
i heard somewhere on T-BHP itself that dealers offer free PAINT job to woo customers to buy Pajero.

infact i haven't seen many people who liked the 2 tone Paint scheme that HM is offering here.

Try to bargain with the dealer.
Old 2nd May 2008, 16:42   #7
BHPian

the colour of the Pajero is ice berg - the light brown mettalic colour.

i squeezed the maximum discount from the dealer already. Hence I have no chance of a good bargain now.
Old 2nd May 2008, 20:15   #8
Team-BHP Support

I say let it stay, once you repaint your resale value will immediately take a hit. Also the worry of paint fading and all with our indian climate.

Use that money to do some wicked mods for better off road looks.
Old 2nd May 2008, 22:19   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Matte black paint as the main color and bright orange for the roof and a strip running across the bonnet. This combination will look the best with dark tints for the car (no see-through) and fatter tyres.

Last edited by theMAG : 2nd May 2008 at 22:28.
Old 3rd May 2008, 10:02   #10
BHPian

I have also considered about the resale value once I repaint. But it kind of feels funny to drive around in the unfinished look of the car.

theMAG,s idea is good but it involves a complete painting of the car. Can you pl give suggest a pattern keeping the original paint as it is as much as possible. May be a darker shade/ colour for the rear panel including a part of the rear door and a part of the roof??? how would that look.

Can I please have an idea of the Mods you would suggest, I have already gone for bigger tyres. that is the only mod I have done till now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
I say let it stay, once you repaint your resale value will immediately take a hit. Also the worry of paint fading and all with our indian climate.

Use that money to do some wicked mods for better off road looks.

Last edited by Rehaan : 4th May 2008 at 01:24. Reason: merged.
Old 3rd May 2008, 12:32   #11
Team-BHP Support

Which model is yours, is it the one with flared wheel arches, if not start with that. Get yourself a pair of good ski racks and fog lights to compliment the offroad beast. winch on the front and a jerry can on the rear. simple cost affective and very expedition kinda mods.

How about some nice ice, again simple clean stuff (not ones with zillion boxes around) and some nice interiors.

That reminds me post some pics and a review please
Old 3rd May 2008, 21:40   #12
BHPian

My model is the one without flared wheel arches. accesories for pajero are not available easily. do you know any place where I can get them.

i shall defenitely post some pictures and write a review. pl give me guidelines for the review - areas to be covered
Old 5th May 2008, 10:04   #13
BHPian

hi friends, as suggested by you pl see the review.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ip-review.html
Old 7th July 2008, 17:26   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu
Agree fully with Jaggu here. And not just for the reasons of resale, paint fade etc.

When they launched this twin-tone color scheme, and I saw the Pajero first, I was like W.T.F. ? How could they do this to one of the best SUVs ? But over the past many months, I keep seeing many Pajeros with different 2-tone color schemes and I have to admit that they do look good.

Also, looks like HM/Mitsu did something good with the Pajero this time around. Because I see so many of them in Chennai. And till last week, I was thinking this is a Chennai thing, only to be surprised to see a couple of these on the NH47 at Kerala. Maybe its a case of better late than never.

Post a pic so that we can see how the SUV looks with the current paint scheme.
Old 7th July 2008, 20:42   #15
Senior - BHPian

I guess your car is currently this colour.
help to paint my pajero-iceberg.jpg

Why not repaint your car in this colour?? This colour scheme was very popular for the Pajero Exceed here in the early 90's, before HM launched its comic colour schemes here!
Name:  old green 1.jpg
Views: 37413
Size:  85.9 KB

help to paint my pajero-old-green-2.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks