Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2014, 23:33   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Center Arm rest / console for accent

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerd1200 View Post
Hi,

Even I am looking for an armrest for my 2010 Accent. Can you post details of the shop/dealer in JC Road you got it fixed from? (I know this is an old thread, but please help me out.. )
I had it fitted in my Ritz and now transferred to my Grandi10. The comfort levels are unmatched and it enhances the driving pleasure. But be warned that because of its plasticky build, it does creak especially over bad patches of road. This creaking breaks the silence of the cabin and if you are very particular about sounds in your cabin then you may avoid fitting these.
Old 1st June 2014, 10:07   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
I had it fitted in my Ritz and now transferred to my Grandi10. The comfort levels are unmatched and it enhances the driving pleasure. But be warned that because of its plasticky build, it does creak especially over bad patches of road. This creaking breaks the silence of the cabin and if you are very particular about sounds in your cabin then you may avoid fitting these.
Thanks S2,

I was looking at this product.. http://www.ebay.in/itm/Speedwav-Car-...405e066&_uhb=1

My concern is after installing something like this, will it be a little difficult to engage/disengage handbrakes? By looking at the product image, I feel it'll make my cabin a bit congested.
Old 2nd June 2014, 09:24   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerd1200 View Post
Thanks S2,

I was looking at this product.. http://www.ebay.in/itm/Speedwav-Car-...405e066&_uhb=1

My concern is after installing something like this, will it be a little difficult to engage/disengage handbrakes? By looking at the product image, I feel it'll make my cabin a bit congested.
So I have an almost identical piece but in black. Accessing the handbrake will take some getting used to but it is not that big a problem. Just get hold of it from around the arm-rest from the passenger side.

If possible, try and ask the SA at Hyundai Service Centre for the old Verna like armrest. Those are slim and will offer decent comfort too, if you feel these will make your cabin congested.
Old 29th October 2014, 22:44   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post

If possible, try and ask the SA at Hyundai Service Centre for the old Verna like armrest. Those are slim and will offer decent comfort too, if you feel these will make your cabin congested.
Thanks for the advice S2, :thumbup:

Spoke to the Hyundai guys sometime back. They blankly refused!!

Was speaking to the guys at Sachin's auto shop while they were fitting the big one on a polo, they said for the Verna style ones, they'll have to drill a hole in the seats and fit it. It would cost approx 6k for one seat. Thinking of getting it done.

Thanks again.

Most Viewed