Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2009, 08:46   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonball View Post
You can I suppose legaly retrofit one of those faster rebuilt toyota turbo into it she will be a bomb and relaible at that. That green car looks hot
and what do you suggest with the gearbox?

We had a 1.38d fiat and I dont remember how long used to take to reach a 100 but trust me, it took a lot. and if you try getting more fuel into the engine after say 120kmph all what would increase is the roar of the engine..
Old 22nd June 2009, 20:20   #32
BHPian

I have a premier 118 ne 96 model,iam getting creaking sound from the front suspension its a bush problem where can i get the bushes i live in hyderabad,also the steering vibrates a lot at speeds of above 50 and is making a sounds like it will fall apart...needs some suggestion and is there any dealer in hyderabad who can restore it like stock,has senti values attached with this car,pls help
Old 22nd June 2009, 20:57   #33
BHPian

Try out at STAG MOTORS at Lower Tank Bund,next to Varta newpaper office.Our Palio and Padmini go there and he seems to do a good job on both the Fiats.
Old 22nd June 2009, 21:00   #34
BANNED

In Hyderabad you can get all the spare parts of 118 Ne from MEHETA AUTO or RAJ BATTERY of Ranigung. If you require any other information then PM me.

S. Das
Old 22nd June 2009, 21:52   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by master uio View Post
I have a 1997 118NE which has all 4 factory fitted tyres. It has done only 24,000 kms till now. The car has people stop on the road and compliment it all the time. The A.C is superb. Gives 17.5 KMPL on highways. It needs to be driven calmly - no way you can rush anywhere in it
wasnt the 118 NE was long dead in 1997? are you saying you bought a used one in 97.
Old 1st July 2009, 14:59   #36
BHPian

thanks a lot guys,,, for showing me the dealer address will go there and update you...
Old 11th July 2009, 23:38   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svpatra View Post
Hi All,

Overhaulin ( a show n discovery travel and living) inspired me to start this project. I have a premier 118 ne which was bought in 1992 ( with Nissan petrol ) engine. This car has got lot of memories of my child hood.

There was a big debate in my family whether we should go for premier or any other brand.
In my opinion, this is a very good car for a family. Its big wheel base gives you power to tackle the Indian roads.

The coil spring suspension gives you additional comfort. And the handling is very easy.
The cost of repair is not that high. There in one thing which can be a –ve point i.e. the rusting of running board? Except that everything is absolutely fine.

The gear shift is amazing. This car is not in use now. The engine is in very good shape. One cannot find the engine is on or off from the cabin.
Please advise me whether I should restore this or not. I have few plans
1. I will paint in dark red (maroon) as the ford mustang in Thumps up AD.
2. There will be alloy wheels.
3. The interiors will be beige.
4. I want to add a fuel injector if possible ( gurus please advise)
5. Or I can put a decent reconditioned diesel engine to use this car for daily use.

I know the sale of this car will not fetch mush value. it may be as good as salving a piece of metal.

I am sure there are some 118 NE lovers. They may be interested in starting similar type of projects.

Cheers
Srinivas

I have a 1974 Fiat into which I have fitted a 118NE petrol engine with gearbox. It is definitely a pleasure to drive - especially the gearshift which moves like butter. For you it is definitely worthwhile to do it up. With four headlights in front and coil springs all around you have a mini Impala. You also have the advantage of slung pedals - so no heat comes into the cabin area. I am now looking for some inputs on how to increase the horsepower to perhaps 15hp - need more pep in reserve. Remember it is a low investment for a lot of enjoyable driving. Regarding those lower areas which corrode you can replace with copper once and for all and also keep bigger slots for water to drain from the bottom of the doors. Best of luck. Do tell if you don't want the car. Mohaan
Old 13th July 2009, 15:29   #38
BHPian

Mohaan, I have converted my fiat into hanging pedals.. watch my thread
Old 15th September 2009, 23:15   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svpatra View Post
Hi All,

Overhaulin ( a show n discovery travel and living) inspired me to start this project. I have a premier 118 ne which was bought in 1992 ( with Nissan petrol ) engine. This car has got lot of memories of my child hood.

There was a big debate in my family whether we should go for premier or any other brand.
In my opinion, this is a very good car for a family. Its big wheel base gives you power to tackle the Indian roads.

The coil spring suspension gives you additional comfort. And the handling is very easy.
The cost of repair is not that high. There in one thing which can be a –ve point i.e. the rusting of running board? Except that everything is absolutely fine.

The gear shift is amazing. This car is not in use now. The engine is in very good shape. One cannot find the engine is on or off from the cabin.
Please advise me whether I should restore this or not. I have few plans
1. I will paint in dark red (maroon) as the ford mustang in Thumps up AD.
2. There will be alloy wheels.
3. The interiors will be beige.
4. I want to add a fuel injector if possible ( gurus please advise)
5. Or I can put a decent reconditioned diesel engine to use this car for daily use.

I know the sale of this car will not fetch mush value. it may be as good as salving a piece of metal.

I am sure there are some 118 NE lovers. They may be interested in starting similar type of projects.

Cheers
Srinivas

I really searched a lot on youtube and googled quite a bit. I couldnt find any information on the overhaulin edition you are referring to. Could you throw more details on it. Can you find it on youtube and get us the link please.
Old 18th December 2009, 19:49   #40
Senior - BHPian

Guys, my friend has decided to do an engine swap on his premier 138D(shown here : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1196232-post20.html). Now the question is, which engine(petrol and diesel) and gearbox will be the most easiest & practical to transplant into the car?

awaiting your responses.
Old 19th December 2009, 22:11   #41
Senior - BHPian

just bumping this thread up, any suggestions?
Old 19th May 2011, 18:57   #42
BHPian

Re: My restoration project 118 NE

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramie2400 View Post
I had seen a programe in discovery channel about 4-6months back,where they soup up a 118NE in a Nissan Workshop,Please Youtube around i am sure you will get the video.

I really want to see this. Seems exciting. I searched the net but no success.
Can anyone HELP
Old 14th June 2011, 18:08   #43
BHPian

Re: Mm550xd

Quote:
Originally Posted by master uio View Post
I have a 1997 118NE which has all 4 factory fitted tyres. It has done only 24,000 kms till now. The car has people stop on the road and compliment it all the time. The A.C is superb. Gives 17.5 KMPL on highways. It needs to be driven calmly - no way you can rush anywhere in it.

Sateesh
Hyderabad

Hi Master,
Your car seems interesting. Can you pl. post some pictures in detail?
And i still wonder how you manage 17kmpl! That's not possible ! Considering a 97 model, it will be equipped with a Mikuni.
Let us see you car in details please >>
Old 29th April 2012, 13:58   #44
BHPian

Hey guys, need some info regarding fitting a power steering unit into a NE, any suggestions / recommendations on which unit to install etc would be much appreciated. Thanks
Old 30th April 2012, 10:05   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nc1bad View Post
Hey guys, need some info regarding fitting a power steering unit into a NE, any suggestions / recommendations on which unit to install etc would be much appreciated. Thanks
Why would you want to fit a Power steering? Do you have cross plies or Radials?
If you have the former you will not need a PS.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks