Team-BHP - Automech FFE(Swift) state of tuning!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Automech FFE(Swift) state of tuning! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/39304-automech-ffe-swift-state-tuning.html)

Folks if I could ask for your insignts on some doubts that occupy me. Doubts are split in two.
A: I have been asked about the state of tuning of the automec FFE I have on my swift VXI but alas I dont know if its tuned for high, medium or low end torque (the installation of FFE and my going out of country for a month happened pretty much at the same time so couldnt compare before and after).
I asked automec and thats what they said.
Dear Dionysus
The improvement in power can be noticed when compared with the performance of the engine as it was with the original exhaust. You will need to see the response from the engine, at any given point on the rpm range, when you go on the throttle. It is bound ot be more across the powerband, since that is the way we have designed the exhaust system, to give good power across the band.
Best regards
Vivek Bhat
For Auto Mech Engineers
Now that means there is no specific torque tunning right!
B: The FFE has the loudest exhaust roar and after living wih it for about 10 months now, I want to settle for a quieter exhaust. Is that as simple as getting a different exhaust! or the change would be all over! How much would a quieter exhausts cost!
Thanks

A. check the header design - if its 4x1 - its mainly for the high end torque - if its 4x2x1 it is for low and mids.

B. just ask them to stuff the muffler/endcan with more glass-wool. or you can ask them to fabricate a silent muffler/endcan. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by planet_rocker (Post 820806)
A. check the header design - if its 4x1 - its mainly for the high end torque - if its 4x2x1 it is for low and mids.

B. just ask them to stuff the muffler/endcan with more glass-wool. or you can ask them to fabricate a silent muffler/endcan. :)

To the best of my knowledge (i maybe wrong) automech mostly does a 4x1 (peak boost) headers instead of a 4x2x1 (low and mid ranges)for smaller engines (1.6L or less) as against the 4x2x1 (customised). I read it here in the forum itself sometime back.

With automech, i suppose as there is not much customisation and i think it should be a 4x1. Correct me if am wrong..

I thought it was the other way around. Thought most of them were 4x2x1.

Automech does only one type of FFE. They DO NOT do custom jobs. SO your car's FFE is churning out mid and top end stuff. Period.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rohan_fonseca (Post 821245)
I thought it was the other way around. Thought most of them were 4x2x1.

Quote:

Originally Posted by V-16 (Post 821314)
Automech does only one type of FFE. They DO NOT do custom jobs. SO your car's FFE is churning out mid and top end stuff. Period.

4x2x1 and hence for mid and top end performance.

You can order a new end can from them, tell you want a more silent one. If you have $ then Remus etc? :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkdas (Post 821377)
4x2x1 and hence for mid and top end performance.

JK - i thought 4x2x1 is for lows and mids

but doesnt the swift already has optimised headers?

Yea JK ! I too thought 4x2x1 is definitely for low and mid rpms as i have my customised Viper FFE with such header setup.

Response I got from Automech..

Dear Dionysus
To reduce the sound, the rear muffler will require to be changed. Or else, the stainless steel tail end at the rear can be removed and a straight pipe fitted in its place, which will reduce sound. You must have got the free flow unit fitted from Bharat Car Accessories, you can get in touch with them for the sdame, we will instruct them accordingly.
Best regards
Vivek Bhat
For Auto Mech Engineers

So does that mean there is a muffler tuned for low sound! but same performance!