Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2008, 20:53   #16
Team-BHP Support

Sell the car at 1.25 and keep it in bank till the new fiat comes! there is no point of a debate also, stay away from 1.6 gtx if you are looking for a daily driver with 800 kms week.
Old 11th May 2008, 09:23   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
boy, if i were you, i'd sell the car and buy a new one..most new cars have better technology than that was available in the 90s. Had a Fiat Uno Jubilee and loved it till the end.. One car that could hug the road upto 140 in days when 100 was a good top speed.. The steering was amazing..2.2 turns lock to lock which translates into a better on road experience..but as ajmat says..all good times will come to an end and one must not cry over it..
Sugesstion taken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Sell the car at 1.25 and keep it in bank till the new fiat comes! there is no point of a debate also, stay away from 1.6 gtx if you are looking for a daily driver with 800 kms week.
Am out of it .Will be selling it soon.
Old 11th May 2008, 15:08   #18
BHPian

Ok I see! Did u speak to Mr.Murali.I suppose he is the cheif mechanic.If you are not in a hurry i suggest you dont sell it because the body etc is in good condition.Are you interested in selling the car? What exactly is the problem with the car now?engine is in a bad state?
Old 11th May 2008, 15:16   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veelubai View Post
Ok I see! Did u speak to Mr.Murali.I suppose he is the cheif mechanic.If you are not in a hurry i suggest you dont sell it because the body etc is in good condition.Are you interested in selling the car? What exactly is the problem with the car now?engine is in a bad state?
Not yet decided on selling the car , Will make a last check up at TVS this coming week , Let me here their say on the condition of the engine.
Old 11th May 2008, 15:27   #20
BHPian

ok but why did u feel that there is a need for a rebuild.Any particular reasons?Btw the TVS you meant is MY-TVS[ford johns] workshop?
Old 11th May 2008, 16:46   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veelubai View Post
ok but why did u feel that there is a need for a rebuild.Any particular reasons?Btw the TVS you meant is MY-TVS[ford johns] workshop?
I have approached my regular mechanic which is Ford John with the same problem atleast 10 times but all this efforts haven come in vain , its still heating.

Aprat from him,I have approached Mustang motors once.

I meant TVS Cochin, The new(2006) one with that huge service bay.

Last edited by maxbhp : 11th May 2008 at 16:47.
Old 11th May 2008, 18:16   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
The best suggestion so far!

If you want a decent price for your car when you decide to sell it eventually, DO IT NOW. Otherwise, it will be too late and you will end up with 0.75-1.0.

Keep the money in BANK and go for either LINEA (due in 4 months) or GRANDE PUNTO (due in 8 months) when the time comes.

P.S: This may sound conflicting, but my case is also similar. I have a 9 year old 1,00,000 Kms run UNO D (which has the same engine minus the TURBO) and I was also in a similar state of confusion 2 years back and I eventually decided to keep it, FOREVER. Even if I go for a LINEA or GRANDE PUNTO in the future, the UNO will be kept as long as its running.
Old 12th May 2008, 00:19   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arif_t01 View Post
The best suggestion so far!

If you want a decent price for your car when you decide to sell it eventually, DO IT NOW. Otherwise, it will be too late and you will end up with 0.75-1.0.

Keep the money in BANK and go for either LINEA (due in 4 months) or GRANDE PUNTO (due in 8 months) when the time comes.

P.S: This may sound conflicting, but my case is also similar. I have a 9 year old 1,00,000 Kms run UNO D (which has the same engine minus the TURBO) and I was also in a similar state of confusion 2 years back and I eventually decided to keep it, FOREVER. Even if I go for a LINEA or GRANDE PUNTO in the future, the UNO will be kept as long as its running.
The thing is I dont want a big car coz I am going for my further studies and What I want is a car that my mom can drive. She is finding it uneasy to drive my cedia so I need something to fill in that gap.
Old 12th May 2008, 01:01   #24
BANNED

Max! Let's close this discussion till something materialises for your Siena.

Now, you need a car for your mom, which is small enough to drive easy for her. Right? Come to the WHAT CAR section and see what's on offer there. If you ain't satisfied with what's already there, start up a thread and let's all make you confused again!

Then, you may need to kickstart this thread once more. Then, ..... You know..... The loop will go on till you have a spanking new Bravo/500/GPunto parked in your driveway.
Wish you all the best.
Old 12th May 2008, 11:31   #25
Team-BHP Support

I think an i10 would be a good bet, if your mom is gonna use it
Old 12th May 2008, 19:19   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arif_t01 View Post
DO IT NOW. Otherwise, it will be too late and you will end up with 0.75-1.0.

I was also in a similar state of confusion 2 years back and I eventually decided to keep it, FOREVER. Even if I go for a LINEA or GRANDE PUNTO in the future, the UNO will be kept as long as its running.
Wow, too many fiat lovers here.. I too had a UNO D which i drove for more than 70K kms. The difference was that I sold it when Fiat pulled out of India. Thankfully, it is still running with the buyer who bought it off me.

Fiats, look to run atleast 200K kms.

Most Viewed