Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2008, 21:04   #1

Innova Power Mirror Mod

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all the information you shared!

We are planning to get an innova G4. The one feature I like a lot is power mirror (side mirrors). Does any one have any info on aftermarket power mirrors, that we can fit innova. Dealer is saying it will cost around 40K. I would assume that toyota mustve already had the wiring in place. Your inputs are highly appreciated.

Thankyou.
Old 11th May 2008, 13:21   #2
BHPian

I am surprised at Toyota's decision to retain manual mirrors, even on the G4! What is more surprising is that there isn't even an adjustment stalk provided (like in some hatchbacks). You have to roll your window down and do the needful. This is an inexcusable error of cost-cutting.

Unfortunately, non-V spec models do not come with the wiring harness in place. Therefore, you would have to buy 2 power mirrors (at about 8 - 10K each) and a wiring harness. Forget the dealerships quote of 40K, even after-market options will work out too expensive for this. I think its best for you to overlook this option and just enjoy an otherwise fantastic machine.
Old 11th May 2008, 13:58   #3
Team-BHP Support

even i was worried about this when i bought the g4. but once you set the mirrors you just dont need to adjust them again. they are so big. whether a short driver or a tall driver is driving the same mirror positions can be retained.
Old 11th May 2008, 22:10   #4
Senior - BHPian

My biggest gripe with the M&M Co. is that they don't provide powered RVMs for their Scorpio, not even in their latest model - Mhawk.

I would really like to know as to why these car manufacturers bring out different models and don't put certain basic accessories like, power windows, powered RVMs & defoggers as a standard in all models.
Old 12th May 2008, 05:11   #5

Thanks

Thanks guys!!
gd1418 - how is the ride on scorpio, in the back?

Akshay - Nice set of wheels. What kins is it? Is it the OEM size or oversized? Did it make any difference in handling? Is that LCD for reverse camera on the innova dash?

Thanks again for your inputs guys.
Old 12th May 2008, 15:28   #6
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
gd1418 - how is the ride on scorpio, in the back?
Not the best....it feels vague and bumpy (especially when unloaded). The Safari has it beaten hollow here.
Old 12th May 2008, 15:40   #7
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanMan View Post
Akshay - Nice set of wheels. What kins is it? Is it the OEM size or oversized? Did it make any difference in handling? Is that LCD for reverse camera on the innova dash?

Thanks again for your inputs guys.
thanks. they are normal size. well ive got potenza g3 tyres also in the normal size so the car has really good grip now. for more info read my review in the long term reports section.
Old 12th May 2008, 22:12   #8
Senior - BHPian

Mirror adjustment not available from inside is first thing I pointed after Test drive of Innova in 2005.

After I owned G3 model I realized its not required at all people with different height drive same Innova.

But I am still confused why few basic features like power windows, adjustable mirrors, defogs.. not available for 8+ lac vehicles. I hope there will be some rule to make abs/airbag standard as well.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 13th May 2008, 23:17   #9
Senior - BHPian

Motorized ORVMs are necessity today, and not a luxury. Especially adjusting passenger side ORVM is a big pain. You lean across, adjust and when you sit back you find the mirror off-mark. You lean across again and re-adjust again until you get it right. Takes 2/3 attempts. It's even more pain in big cars like Scorp and Innova. Safari mercifully has it in its higher variant.

But even new cars like Dzire doesn't have motorized ORVMs on any of its variants. I think Lancer was the fisrt car in India to have this feature.
Old 14th May 2008, 00:14   #10
BHPian

hip hip hip hurray to Maruti for including this feature in both the versions of the Baleno and SX4. It is really helpful, especially whn I am trying to reverse into a tight parking spot with huge pavements!
Old 14th May 2008, 10:21   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
Safari mercifully has it in its higher variant.
Safari has it on EVERY variant. I'm not too sure about TCIC, but if it is Dicor it has this feature.
Old 14th May 2008, 11:17   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by leodelg View Post
hip hip hip hurray to Maruti for including this feature in both the versions of the Baleno and SX4. It is really helpful, especially whn I am trying to reverse into a tight parking spot with huge pavements!
If I remember correct, even a version of the Wagon-R has power mirrors. And you can trust Maruti to come up with these rather odd combination of features. We recently bought an M800 & I was pleasantly surprised to see that it had an immobilizer. Guess what, you pull up at a fuel pump & you'll have to hand over your keys to the attendant for the fuel-tank lid !

Anyway, getting back to the topic - leaning over to manually adjust the mirrors might be acceptable in a small car, but is cumbersome in large vehicles like the Innova. Regarding costs, I once broke the mirror of a CRV belonging to my boss (it was an accident, I swear), I think it was replaced at a cost of 14K by TVS. Yeah I know, my boss's a great guy !

Last edited by im_srini : 14th May 2008 at 11:19.
Old 14th May 2008, 12:48   #13
Senior - BHPian

It is there on the TCIC version as well..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Su-47 View Post
Safari has it on EVERY variant. I'm not too sure about TCIC, but if it is Dicor it has this feature.
Old 14th May 2008, 13:02   #14
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

> Safari has it on EVERY variant. I'm not too sure about TCIC, but if it is Dicor it > has this feature.

My 1999 TC had power mirrors.

I am sure it will have it even now.
Old 10th December 2008, 01:25   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
Mirror adjustment not available from inside is first thing I pointed after Test drive of Innova in 2005.

After I owned G3 model I realized its not required at all people with different height drive same Innova.

But I am still confused why few basic features like power windows, adjustable mirrors, defogs.. not available for 8+ lac vehicles. I hope there will be some rule to make abs/airbag standard as well.

Regards,

Ravi.
Rave - i am surprised, my g3 has power windows, defogs and keyless central, how come yours did not??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks