Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2008, 21:09   #16
Senior - BHPian

all right here is what i know, the autocopx, terminatior brand available here in Hyderabad, starting with base models that i checked out recently for my swift LDi, here they go,

starts at 2000 bucks, well this model does not include the KEYLESS entry just the central locking, its got 4 guns no siren.

then the next model is around 3000bucks its got a siren and remotes (keyless entry).

then the next model is around 4000bucks its got every thing as above, plus integrated reverse horn that blinks the hazard lights(parking lights) when reversing.

the one with sensitivity control costs around 9000 bucks

Forget to mention all these came with three year standard warranty! Cool Right?

and then there are ones that cost up till sky limit with sensitivity controls, buzzer volume controls, parking sensors and all other such fancy options.

Last edited by rider60 : 17th June 2008 at 21:11.
Old 18th June 2008, 11:09   #17
BANNED

Cool. I got the keyless entry by Autocop for Rs. 2700/-
Old 25th June 2008, 20:58   #18
Senior - BHPian

Security in terms of central locking

Hi guys,
can anybody explaing the benefit of having a central locking in a car in terms of security.I can understand in terms of convenience wherein you can unlock all doors by the click of a button,but how does central locking aids in car security.Does having a central locking means someone won't be able to pick open the door lock by sliding in a ruler or something.
thanks
Old 16th September 2008, 23:13   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider60 View Post
all right here is what i know, the autocopx, terminatior brand available here in Hyderabad, starting with base models that i checked out recently for my swift LDi, here they go,

starts at 2000 bucks, well this model does not include the KEYLESS entry just the central locking, its got 4 guns no siren.

then the next model is around 3000bucks its got a siren and remotes (keyless entry).

then the next model is around 4000bucks its got every thing as above, plus integrated reverse horn that blinks the hazard lights(parking lights) when reversing.

the one with sensitivity control costs around 9000 bucks

Forget to mention all these came with three year standard warranty! Cool Right?

and then there are ones that cost up till sky limit with sensitivity controls, buzzer volume controls, parking sensors and all other such fancy options.

Hey, where did you get these quotes from? need to get me a new kit or get my old one serviced, so please provide the contact details...
Old 17th September 2008, 11:16   #20
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Hi guys,
can anybody explaing the benefit of having a central locking in a car in terms of security.I can understand in terms of convenience wherein you can unlock all doors by the click of a button,but how does central locking aids in car security.Does having a central locking means someone won't be able to pick open the door lock by sliding in a ruler or something.
thanks
You are correct, central locking by itself doesn't make your car anymore secure. It is when the central locking is bundled with an anti-theft system (e.g. Autocop) that the level of security is higher.
Old 4th October 2008, 22:53   #21
BHPian

i got suzuki nippon central locking systems for 6000 RS . Later i found out that it has nothing other than keyless entry and security. I came across a few for 2000 RS which had many options other than mine
Old 5th October 2008, 15:23   #22
BHPian

Gautam,

I just had the Xenos fitted (with the reverse horn disabled). Same features as yours... this is the one with the metal and black remote (4 circular steel buttons... Lock, Unlock, Mute, and Alarm).

Everything is fine, but if the car is on and someone opens a door, the alarm beeps loudly three times. I understand this is a security feature of the alarm, but it's very irritating... if I'm picking up someone, when they open the door to get in / get out of the car, the beeping alarm REALLY pisses me off.

Does your Xenos do the same thing? If yes, did you find a way to disable it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gautam Misra View Post
I have fitted a xenos in my swift and it costs Rs.4200/- at Chennai.The kit comes with the following-
(i) Remote/ keyless entry
(ii) Reverse horn which can be muted at busy places
(iii) Security for the stereo
(iv) Lifetime warranty
(v) Water proof keys
Old 27th January 2009, 11:34   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider60 View Post
Hi All,
About 6 months back I had purchased a set of manual central locking kit for my 118 NE. It costed me about Rs 550/- (including the shipping charges) through ebay India. I do not remember the brand name exactly. I had fitted it all by myself an it works fine till date. It bore no guaranty or warrantee, but still I am confident that I could fix my self if some thing goes wrong.

Unfortunately I could'nt find that seller any more in the ebay sellers list.

Cheers guys.

Most Viewed