Team-BHP - What is the cost of Central locking?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   What is the cost of Central locking? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/39725-what-cost-central-locking.html)

Hey all...

I need to know the cost of the central locking system to fit in my Esteem...

What is the average cost for the same?

Please let me know...

Waiting
Udit

Quote:

Originally Posted by udit78 (Post 831948)
Hey all...

I need to know the cost of the central locking system to fit in my Esteem...

What is the average cost for the same?

Please let me know...

Waiting
Udit

Dude, this is like asking what is the cost of a car?

Please specify your requirement for the same.

AFAIK the basic ones start from a couple of thousand & goes all the way to 30K + for fancy stuff.
cheers:

The central locking/remote locking systems are available for about 4,200INR. I think brands like Autocop/Xenos offer this with impact sensors at this price. The kit would include all the necessary equipments for central locking as well. In case the the car has central locking, only the remote locking equipments are used.

In case you are interested in power windows (i.e, if yours doesn't have one), you could get one for about 10,000INR. I had installed both the power windows and the central/remote locking systems for my LDI. The link to the installation report with pics is here:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...io-1-2-nv.html

Oopsie... i did'nt it can go upto 30k too... i want simple remote opening for all 4 doors dude...

Let me know pls...

Hi Udit
A simple xenos security system for cars would cost Rs 3500

Rgds

Go for Autocop or Xenos and your requirement will be fulfilled in a price range of 3K-4K depending on the features list.

Will it void the warrant if fitted in a new car ?

I got Nippon remote + central locking installed from dealer in Alto. It was at the time of buying the car itself.

It does not void warranty, though dealer has to mention this installation on warranty booklet.

Cost was around 5000... I paid too much (Had not read about Autocop / Xenos on t-bhp till that time :Frustrati ).

Mate u seem to be living in delhi.. try around karol bagh you will get a good deal on autocop or xenos...
today i enquired for autocop xs for 4k with stereo security n stuff like that...

recently got autocop fitted in a fellow bhpian car and it costed around 2900 with fitting

I paid Rs 3500(total cost including installation) for the autocop in my car.

I have fitted a xenos in my swift and it costs Rs.4200/- at Chennai.The kit comes with the following-
(i) Remote/ keyless entry
(ii) Reverse horn which can be muted at busy places
(iii) Security for the stereo
(iv) Lifetime warranty
(v) Water proof keys

The higher end version comes for 5500/- and this includes impact sensors also
The basic model comes for Rs.3000/- and it does not have features of rear horn and stereo protection.

MGA - It sells Nippon and it costs 5900/- and the same is comparable to the basic mode of xenos and it comes with a 2 year warranty.

IMO you can go for xenos and the features for Rs.4200/- are VFM.

I had get installed several of them, but still found autocop to be best of the lot. Their after sales-support is just fantastic.

I got Autocop installed in cars along with engine im-mobilizer and 4 door remote lock @ 3.5K inc. installation.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashthedivx (Post 836856)
I had get installed several of them, but still found autocop to be best of the lot. Their after sales-support is just fantastic.

I got Autocop installed in cars along with engine im-mobilizer and 4 door remote lock @ 3.5K inc. installation.

Does auto cop come alongwith a reverse horn and a lifetime warranty? In addition to that does it protect the stereo. If yes then it is defenitely a better buy compared to xenos.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gautam Misra (Post 849877)
Does auto cop come alongwith a reverse horn and a lifetime warranty? In addition to that does it protect the stereo. If yes then it is defenitely a better buy compared to xenos.

Autocop comes with a 3 year (or 5 year???) standard warranty. However, upon expiration of the same, you can renew the AMC for about 700 bucks per year. Their service is the best available in India.

They do protect the stereo as well as providing a reverse horn. You should really deactivate the latter though.