Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2005, 14:38   #1
Senior - BHPian

Seat covers

What are best places for getting seat covers for my Petra in Mumbai (or Pune)? Which covers are better? Fabric, artificial leather, leather? Approximate costs also will be great. Thanks!
Old 15th February 2005, 14:48   #2
BHPian

go to stanley. Ultimate italian leather. cost=#@!&*^%
Old 15th February 2005, 15:14   #3
Senior - BHPian

if u find stanley expensive ,u can try cheaper ones like G-sport or saddles.
Old 15th February 2005, 15:18   #4
Senior - BHPian

Folks, thanks for your help! Can you give out approx. prices as well? Any contact numbers/websites/location details etc? Basically, any information that you can provide.
Old 15th February 2005, 15:22   #5
Senior - BHPian

for g sport ,stanley seat covers contact Choksi Motors ,mumbai-.ph:26125227
Old 15th February 2005, 23:35   #6
BHPian

a word of caution g-sport is artificial leather and gets hot and saddles is into both original and artificial leather prices vary from anything between 1800-3500 for the artificial ones and the last i inquired for them original leather i was quoted something like 18000.
Call choksi and speak to devang hell be able to help you out well better still is go down to milan subay and go and check out the covers at choksi and bhavi both are neighbours and bhavi has stanely as well in display.
Also you do get cheaper made in bombay artificial leather seat covers which are abt 200-300 bucks cheaper but they dont exactly fit on right.
Old 15th February 2005, 23:52   #7
BHPian

Prices in Bangalore

Stanley-Pure Leather -Classic-22000,Nappa-36000 (complete package including doorpads, steering..)

Gsport - Art leather - starts at 8000
Old 15th February 2005, 23:55   #8
bhp
BHPian

i think art leathers are the best as they cost around something between 2500-2800 rs and they also look good !! but u will sweat like anything in summers
Old 15th February 2005, 23:57   #9
BHPian

Prices in Bangalore

Stanley-Pure Leather -Classic-22000,Nappa-36000 (complete package including doorpads, steering..), i think there's one more variety not sure of the name though for 30k i think its called satin.

Gsport - Art leather and Mapple(pure leather) - starts at 8000 for art leather and the combo of leather in the front portion and PU at the back costs u about 12800 for the complete package.The fitting is snug fit or OE fit wahtever u call it as, i.e the original seat covers are removed completely and the leather is fitted directly on to the seats.
Old 16th February 2005, 00:01   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Stay away from cheap seat covers like artifical leather... yes they will give u the nice look but no comfort....even if they r comfortable due to the cushioning it very soon will wear out ...seat covers get loose and stuff eventually the fitting is horrible.And artifical leather will loose color and will have u sweating in no time. I suggest go for leather seats! no covers...where in they remove the cloth from the seat and put the leather this way the fitting is top notch and no worries abt it losing shape. If orignal leather turns out expensive for u i suggest stick to the standard seats that come with the car as that cloth is of better quality and provides more comfort, if u main concern is that they will get dirty and stuff u can get them cleant by proffesionals that shampoo and vacum the interiors of the car....i get that done every 3 months in all my cars and the seats look brand new as the cleaning is very intense and all the dirty is sucked out by the machines they use, its not that expensive too 500 to 1000rs depending on wat car u own.
Also if u do decide to go in for leather... i suggest stanley its the bestt quality... get it from a genuine dealer as there r alot of fakes that go around in the market and its hard for ppl like us to may out which is orignal and which is not. I have stanley leather standard in my accord beige color its extremely comfortable...and looks excellent... also i could suggest u put beige leather since that color makes the interiors look more roamy.

Last edited by Sahil : 16th February 2005 at 00:06.
Sahil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2005, 00:38   #11
BHPian

I wonder if some of u even read the other posts before posting. There are different choices of fitting, more of a question of affordability. It need not be seat covers. Every company which fits leather or art leather can give u the OE fitment wherein the original seat covers are removed and its stitched directly.If someone feels its expensive u can go for seat covers which is supplied by stanley also.

So its not just cheap artificial leather as u call it which comes in cover form but also Stanley.

Regarding colour fade its definitely not true. Artificial leather is made of polyurethane which is a lot easier to maintain, unlike leather which requires a lot of care.

I am sorry but thats the whole point of having the front portion of the seat in leather, while the rest of the seat is PU( art leather). Its just a cost cutting strategy.Tell me one thing how in the world is it gonna change the seating comfort unless u sit on the back portion of your seat.

And by the way even stanley has this combination of leather in the front portions where it touches the body and PU for the rest.Only reason i didn't mention it, is because it costs 22k as they use nappa for the front portion making it expensive instead of which u can go for complete leather in the classic trim.

Saddles is also good. I can say that stanley is more famous because he's an international supplier to several large automobile companies. And its not the company that matters its the leather itself.Nappa leather is the best out there.And watch-out for the thickness of the leather which also determines the quality.I think nappa is around 1.3mm-1.4mm thick.

Gave a search on google about PU this is what i found:

Polyurethane leather is an outstanding substitute for natural leather. The increasing importance of polyurethane leather is due in part to its economical production, but above all to its property profile which is at least equal, and in some aspects superior, to that of natural leather. Although it is now nearly impossible to distinguish the two materials in terms of appearance, polyurethane leather based on Impranil® or Desmoderm® from Bayer MaterialScience AG stands out in particular through its better durability. Furthermore, individual properties can be specifically modified to suit the respective application, e.g. more comfortable seating in automotive interiors or good abrasion resistance, which is essential in the case of soccer-*****.
In addition to the very good durability and abrasion resistance of the surface and the outstanding lightfastness of the material, the environmental compatibility through the use of purely waterborne dispersions is particularly noteworthy.

Source -

http://www.press.bayer.com/news/news...256E55004BBEEF

Last edited by Neo. : 16th February 2005 at 00:41.
Old 16th February 2005, 01:02   #12
RJK
Senior - BHPian

If you are looking for Fabric & not Leather seat covers, then I can suggest a shop in Opera House called Sabharwal Motors. Custom made seat covers is their speciality. Basically, you go there & choose the Fabric that you like, velvet & many more things. They usually take a day to stitch the exact covers for you..they have the seat measurements for almost all the cars. Fit is quite good & you get a variety to choose from. Plus you can play Mix n Match with Fabric & Art leather like I've done in one of my car. The center portion of the seat where your back & bottom would be is in Fabric & the side & back is in art leather. Looks quite good. Now, the price could be a little on higher side around Rs 3500 but bargain & its worth it. Atleast thats what I believe. The past three cars of mine I've been doing from them if it helps in anyway.
RJK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2005, 02:41   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil
Stay away from cheap seat covers like artifical leather... yes they will give u the nice look but no comfort....even if they r comfortable due to the cushioning it very soon will wear out ...seat covers get loose and stuff eventually the fitting is horrible.And artifical leather will loose color and will have u sweating in no time. I suggest go for leather seats! no covers...where in they remove the cloth from the seat and put the leather this way the fitting is top notch and no worries abt it losing shape. If orignal leather turns out expensive for u i suggest stick to the standard seats that come with the car as that cloth is of better quality and provides more comfort, if u main concern is that they will get dirty and stuff u can get them cleant by proffesionals that shampoo and vacum the interiors of the car....i get that done every 3 months in all my cars and the seats look brand new as the cleaning is very intense and all the dirty is sucked out by the machines they use, its not that expensive too 500 to 1000rs depending on wat car u own.
Also if u do decide to go in for leather... i suggest stanley its the bestt quality... get it from a genuine dealer as there r alot of fakes that go around in the market and its hard for ppl like us to may out which is orignal and which is not. I have stanley leather standard in my accord beige color its extremely comfortable...and looks excellent... also i could suggest u put beige leather since that color makes the interiors look more roamy.
Sahil can you post some pictures of accord interiors?
Old 16th February 2005, 07:54   #14
Senior - BHPian

hey vulken,

click this for accord interiors

http://www.hondaaccordindia.com/acco...ors_luxury.asp
Old 16th February 2005, 11:16   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

@Speedsatya- i have the prev generation accord the one that came out before this.

The seats in the new accord r not as good as the leather that they have given in my car. For some reason i still find my version accord much more comfortable and roamy from inside compared to the new accord. The quality and texture of the leather in my accord is better too.

I am sorry Vulken, i wont be able to post pics of my accord interiors since i am not in bombay now, but if i do come across picks of my generation accord seats online i will post the link.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks